• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

[This is great but odd at the same time, this comic is not even the first appearance of the team. Annihilation Conquest 6 holds that honor.

I think this is a common misconception. The team didn't really come together at AC #6.

I have laid it out in more details here with actual screenshots.

Basically, there were 2 teams in AC #6. Half of the GOTG is in one team (Starlord, Racoon and Groot, together with Mantis and Bug) while the rest is in the other (Gamora, Drax and Warlock). There was no team structure present at all in this issue.

+1000000000

And here I thought I was the only one who actually read the books. Still don't understand where anyone is getting AC 6 as a first appearance if they actually read it.

Starlords team was a team of criminals held captive by the Kree , also featuring Mr universe as well, forced by the kree on a suicide mission to destroy the towers. Note the blue uniforms, and read AC Starlord #1 for the first modern Groot and Rocket Raccoon meeting/team-up.

The only thing even note worthy in AC 6 is a full page advertisment for GOTG #1, but that is stretching any association of a first appearance.

This isn't quite accurate and I do read the comics. In the Epilogue from AC #6 Warlock talks about a venture Starlord want's to speak with him about. These panels show the team members who will be in the 2008 GOTG while Warlock discusses the members. For example the panel where Rocket is restoring Groot. This epilogue leads directly into the splash/advertisement for next month's GOTG #1. If the last page was simply an advert for the GOTG team the I would agree that the regular series issue 1 is the first appearance. Instead we get the evolution of the team to come laid out on one page. The epilogue to Conquest from AC #6 actually serves as a prologue for the formation of this venture of Starlord's- the new GOTG.

So you agree, not first appearance.

With that logic, just another vague hint at best, of what's to come.

[This is great but odd at the same time, this comic is not even the first appearance of the team. Annihilation Conquest 6 holds that honor.

I think this is a common misconception. The team didn't really come together at AC #6.

Basically, there were 2 teams in AC #6. Half of the GOTG is in one team (Starlord, Racoon and Groot, together with Mantis and Bug) while the rest is in the other (Gamora, Drax and Warlock). There was no team structure present at all in this issue.

+1000000000

And here I thought I was the only one who actually read the books. Still don't understand where anyone is getting AC 6 as a first appearance if they actually read it.

Starlords team was a team of criminals held captive by the Kree , also featuring Mr universe as well, forced by the kree on a suicide mission to destroy the towers. Note the blue uniforms, and read AC Starlord #1 for the first modern Groot and Rocket Raccoon meeting/team-up.

The only thing even note worthy in AC 6 is a full page advertisment for GOTG #1, but that is stretching any association of a first appearance.

This isn't quite accurate and I do read the comics. In the Epilogue from AC #6 Warlock talks about a venture Starlord want's to speak with him about. These panels show the team members who will be in the 2008 GOTG while Warlock discusses the members. For example the panel where Rocket is restoring Groot. This epilogue leads directly into the splash/advertisement for next month's GOTG #1. If the last page was simply an advert for the GOTG team the I would agree that the regular series issue 1 is the first appearance. Instead we get the evolution of the team to come laid out on one page. The epilogue to Conquest from AC #6 actually serves as a prologue for the formation of this venture of Starlord's- the new GOTG.

No. I said the panels that show the team formation lead directly into that splash of the new team. If that splash was just an advertisement and the epilogue had nothing to do with the 2008 GOTG then I would agree with you.

The combination of those panels, Warlock's comments and an actual splash of the team = first appearance. The market seems split on this, both comics sell well at this point and a lot of sellers claim first appearance in listing titles for both. Personally I like the second print for issue 1, it's harder to find than both of these.

Edited by MrWeen

+1000000000

No. I said the panels that show the team formation lead directly into that splash of the new team. If that splash was just an advertisement and the epilogue had nothing to do with the 2008 GOTG then I would agree with you.

The combination of those panels, Warlock's comments and an actual splash of the team = first appearance. The market seems split on this, both comics sell well at this point and a lot of sellers claim first appearance in listing titles for both. Personally I like the second print for issue 1, it's harder to find than both of these.

+1000000 :whee:

guardiansofthegalaxy1Bcgcss_zpsce1a56c3.jpg

Alias for what it was brillant at the time. I re-read 1 the other day and I still like it. I like it more today then I did back then prolly because I hated Bendis back then.

Its going to be the easiest to make a TV show in my opinion because it doesnt need as much and can be easiest to relate to I think.

Speaking of Alias heating up . . . . linky-dink :grin:

Alias for what it was brillant at the time. I re-read 1 the other day and I still like it. I like it more today then I did back then prolly because I hated Bendis back then.

Its going to be the easiest to make a TV show in my opinion because it doesnt need as much and can be easiest to relate to I think.

That's a good read.

Nice sale, rabnuD. (thumbs u

+1000000000

+1000000 :whee:

guardiansofthegalaxy1Bcgcss_zpsce1a56c3.jpg

:D

Edited by MrWeen

That's a good read.

Nice sale, rabnuD. (thumbs u

It was a best offer acceptance right? so we still dunno how much it went for....I just raised my price but they all passed me over and I have one for 17.99