• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Wow, the Batman Annual at $41 and counting. Crazy. :ohnoez:

and this one doesn't sell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Annual-1-New-52-NM-/111289014857?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19e9579a49

actually there's quite a few with a bin under $30....I guess people are caught up in bidding fever.

Edited by krighton

Why is it hot?

First Mr. Freeze, I think.

I wonder if this is getting a little extra interest because of the forthcoming Mr. Freeze DLC for Arkham Origins. The Last of Us got a bump when they released Left Behind in Feb.

It's Batman??? IDK really, but I don't think it was ordered heavy in the grand scheme of things. Detective was the hot book at the time until people realized that Batman proper was a way better read.

If I saw these in a shop for around $10 in strict NM I'd pay that for long-haul selling.

Why is it hot?

I wonder if this is getting a little extra interest because of the forthcoming Mr. Freeze DLC for Arkham Origins. The Last of Us got a bump when they released Left Behind in Feb.

Its the first Mr. Freeze in the new 52

The first annuals and issue 4s (NEW 52) had lower print runs for some reason. I think it was that they couldn't keep up with demand or under printed. I'm not sure.

This book has been hot for a while now though. an easy $30 - $40 in NM

Why is it hot?

Its the first Mr. Freeze in the new 52

The first annuals and issue 4s (NEW 52) had lower print runs for some reason. I think it was that they couldn't keep up with demand or under printed. I'm not sure.

This book has been hot for a while now though. an easy $30 - $40 in NM

Nightwing #4

Aquaman #4

Both much harder books too in those runs. Must be a thing like you say.

Wow, the Batman Annual at $41 and counting. Crazy. :ohnoez:

and this one doesn't sell

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Annual-1-New-52-NM-/111289014857?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19e9579a49

actually there's quite a few with a bin under $30....I guess people are caught up in bidding fever.

It's an advance shilled auction, obviously.

:jokealert:

Why is it hot?

Great story. It has been a $20 - $30 book for the past year and a bit. I had one LCS that limits 2 copies per customer that I cleaned out last year - every second day I was back for early New 52 Batmans, Nightwings, Tecs, etc. and the Batman Annual 1. It would have been much easier to have just bought them all at once, but c'est la vie. lol

well the person has sold 22 so far, not too bad. Close to double cover.

Yea, I thought that is what you were looking at.

There are lots of people that like Harley, of course. The thing that kills me is the shipping. They are paying $11 for a cover price book. Sometimes I think the people that are buying these just don't have any shops close or their shop only ordered a couple and it's easier to pay a premium to have it show up on your doorstep.