• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,831 posts in this topic

CBT, just curious, do you read or collect comics?

cujobyte, just curious, what do you think the odds are that the crew shilling up the price on MD are on the BlowoutCards forum??

I'm on BOC and on here as well...I do not know of anyone on there that shills in the comic forum. It's a different atmosphere over there because it's a card forum 1st and foremost and (like me) there are members who love comics as well.

It's easy to point the finger at them but it's just as easy on here...this forum would attract a bigger population since it's a comic forum. There a ton of lurkers on here and members who do not post often...they could be the ones shilling as well. I would say the odds are much higher that it's someone from cgc forums shilling the auctions than BOC.

Edited by John91C

I always cringe when a buyer tells me this after buying comics from me. "Can I pay you on Friday?"

When have I ever done this? I don't really understand the inclusion of this line.

-slym

I dont' understand either, but I've done this before, and don't think its a big deal. If its not specifically stated, I sometimes ask for a few days (even though I will probably pay earlier) just because I'm never too sure how much is my paypal and I'd rather access paypal from a computer that I know is secure (so what if I'm occasionally paranoid) instead of on wifi at starbucks, and I'm occasionally forgetful. No one seems to mind that much if you pay within 5 days its not too big of a deal.

.I do not know of anyone on there that shills in the comic forum.
I'm not one to cast aspersions. There is no evidence that anyone on either board shilled the auctions, but I presume that shilling auctions would not be discussed in the open on either board.

.I do not know of anyone on there that shills in the comic forum.
I'm not one to cast aspersions. There is no evidence that anyone on either board shilled the auctions, but I presume that shilling auctions would not be discussed in the open on either board.

I would "assume" you would be correct in that shilling is not discussed openly in forums. I was just responding to CBT's "odds" that the shilling would be from BOC. I gave my opinion that the odds would be higher on cgc forums due to the higher population of comic "collectors" on the cgc forums.

It's not blaming anyone or forum...just saying the odds would be higher since the target audience for comics would be from this forum.

I never see anyone at blowout cards mention md.....maybe that's their plan to shill and pump by not discussing the comic at all. pretty sneaky.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/651278-manifest-destiny.html

It was a tongue in check comment, but of course they mention it, and that's just the first hit on google.

Not in 6 weeks and not since it got hot. Anyways blah blah blah....

Edited by krighton

CBT, just curious, do you read or collect comics?

cujobyte, just curious, what do you think the odds are that the crew shilling up the price on MD are on the BlowoutCards forum??

As John as stated, most of those members are on here as well. Perhaps they should be asked.

Both men are savy and have done well in comics imo. Do I feel either of them have shilled? Nope, absolutely not. As John stated, most there are good peeps imo. Of course today I find myself in this conversation, having to justify/explain why the "only sell on one forum at a time" rule is in place:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comic-buy-sell-trade/676365-cgc-books-up-grabs.html#post6839146

I've been very vocal about my feelings on MD. I've only read thru issues 1 and 2 and feel it is just "Ok". BUT having stated that, I did feel inclined to purchase this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310869095489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've been told by the seller that nc are present, and being able to press them myself, I'm quite confident I'll hit 9.8's on them. You can disregard the $49.99 sale from the same seller. After purchasing the $39.99 lot, he didn't ship for 3+ days. At that time, I asked for a refund, because I was fearful of not getting the books. But then the seller explained what happened, so I purchased them again at the $49.99 with a $10 credit back to me. He wanted to do it that way so no one would snipe the 39.99.

Being mostly on the sidelines on this particular book, having missed out, I'm unsure why it's so popular. It's a decent fun book, but to me it's insane the levels that are being reached.

Edited by cujobyte

I don't buy modern comics, but I have to laugh at the way everyone tries to make $5 on a book around here.

In other news Sony Pictures has picked up the movie rights to Harlem Hellfighters. And get this... the book hasn't even come out yet. Buy 50 of them when it releases speculators...

I don't buy modern comics, but I have to laugh at the way everyone tries to make $5 on a book around here.

In other news Sony Pictures has picked up the movie rights to Harlem Hellfighters. And get this... the book hasn't even come out yet. Buy 50 of them when it releases speculators...

Good to see Bill Gates in the forum.

:troll:

:troll:

:insane:

I don't buy modern comics

then do us all a favor and stay out of this forum. we don't need anymore azzwipes in here.

Nice. I don't buy them, but I do read them.

Don't understand the name calling going on, I had one post in here which included information for people about comics and the next few replies are totally non comic related insults which offer nothing to the discussion.

Keep it classy kids

Your comment read as an insult though it may not have been your intention. I look at a like this. A single $5 profit is no big deal but do it a 100 times a month, you have $500. Do that 12 times a year, $6000. Do that another 4 years and you have enough to pay cash for a nice car. 2c

Edited by The Authority

I don't buy modern comics

then do us all a favor and stay out of this forum. we don't need anymore azzwipes in here.

Nice. I don't buy them, but I do read them.

Don't understand the name calling going on, I had one post in here which included information for people about comics and the next few replies are totally non comic related insults which offer nothing to the discussion.

Keep it classy kids

Maybe when you learn how to be classy first.

-slym

Your comment read as an insult though it may not have been your intention. I look at a like this. A single $5 profit is no big deal but do it a 100 times a month, you have $500. Do that 12 times a year, $6000. Do that another 4 years and you have enough to pay cash for a nice car. 2c

:applause: Truth. I'm about to finally purchase my grail from primally small modern margins. For some of us it's a fun hobby that also sometimes leads to a payoff with patience. WTTB.

What he said. My comic collection is paid for by $5 profits. Plus it's a bit of fun...

I give anyone credit if they are making $6000 a year off moderns, heck yeah that would be nice. I just see an eerily similarity between this new breed of speculation compared to the dark days of the 90's. Of course the print runs are way different, but the buy every book in multiples regardless of content is in place.

I give anyone credit if they are making $6000 a year off moderns, heck yeah that would be nice. I just see an eerily similarity between this new breed of speculation compared to the dark days of the 90's. Of course the print runs are way different, but the buy every book in multiples regardless of content is in place.

Again, your making assumptions...

Again, your making assumptions...

He's an , so it goes without saying.

-slym