• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Any speculation on Big Hero 6? I have not heard or read too much about it even though a movie is coming this year.

Yes. Last year.

Almost none of the Alpha Flight V2 #17's on ebay are selling. Its depressing.

I thought this would be more than a $14.99 book by now. :(

I believe it's because Alpha Flight #17 is not a key as it was previously thought of. I remember last year, a lot of people thought it was the first appearance of BH6, but it came out in December '98. The real first appearance was Sunfire and Big Hero 6 #1 in September '98.

This the lull period for this book. It was above $14.99 a year ago and I think it will return higher again if the movie is a good international hit. Both books will sell well its only a matter for people wanting to slab which one to get. Anyone got a slab to post to see which one they credit? The print runs alone make this book all star potential if it becomes an international hit.

Any speculation on Big Hero 6? I have not heard or read too much about it even though a movie is coming this year.

Yes. Last year.

I believe it's because Alpha Flight #17 is not a key as it was previously thought of. I remember last year, a lot of people thought it was the first appearance of BH6, but it came out in December '98. The real first appearance was Sunfire and Big Hero 6 #1 in September '98.

This the lull period for this book. It was above $14.99 a year ago and I think it will return higher again if the movie is a good international hit. Both books will sell well its only a matter for people wanting to slab which one to get. Anyone got a slab to post to see which one they credit? The print runs alone make this book all star potential if it becomes an international hit.

uh oh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Flight-1997-2nd-Series-17-CGC-9-8-1156846009-/360877482452?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5405f961d4

Yes. Last year.

uh oh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-Flight-1997-2nd-Series-17-CGC-9-8-1156846009-/360877482452?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5405f961d4

However,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201041318951

so, hm hm hm

There is not a huge demand for either of them yet…at least at those prices. You can still find the raws selling for dirt cheap in great condition. It's probably wiser to get them raw now and slab them before the movie comes out in November. Even if the movie is not a huge hit, you could probably still break even on them.

That's what I thought on Deadpool Kills... -- money early, not later. I sold some 1's and 2's for a good margin, then scrambled to make even on 3 and 4.

Now it turns out the whole series is selling for crazy prices. Go figure.

I sold a set last week for a pretty nice profit

Id like MCS to justify some of their pricing sometimes. I realize it their book and they can ask what they want, but man some of the pricing they come up with is insane.

It's actually not their book. It's a consignment book, they let consignors set their own prices.

Id like MCS to justify some of their pricing sometimes. I realize it their book and they can ask what they want, but man some of the pricing they come up with is insane.

It's actually not their book. It's a consignment book, they let consignors set their own prices.

Ah :idea:

Now I feel better about them. I have seen about 5 books in the last month from MCS with prices that are just insane. Now at least I know why.

That's what I thought on Deadpool Kills... -- money early, not later. I sold some 1's and 2's for a good margin, then scrambled to make even on 3 and 4.

For about $75?

Rat Queens is just a super solid book to boot. If you haven't read it, do so. It is laugh out loud funny at times.

I picked up a #1 first print for cover the other day. Not sure if its hot or not but I was extremely surprised by how much I enjoyed it

Rat Queens is just a super solid book to boot. If you haven't read it, do so. It is laugh out loud funny at times.

I picked up a #1 first print for cover the other day. Not sure if its hot or not but I was extremely surprised by how much I enjoyed it

It's not hot...yet.

Regardless, it's a very good book.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Not seeing CGC copies of the Sunfire Big Hero 6. Thinking there are not many in NM?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xsunfire+and+big+hero+6&_nkw=sunfire+and+big+hero+6&_sacat=0&_from=R40

most people havent bothered to slab them, because its been buy and hold for so long. If high prices are realized, the slabs will flow.

Edited by CBT

For about $75?

$65 is what I sold my set for.

It's not hot...yet.

I'm going to give it a read tonight. I have 4 raw easy 9.8 books of the reg #1 cover. May slab them down the line depending on how much steam the series picks up.

Honestly, I'd expect to see movement in Sweet Tooth before any other Lemire title.

I still need to grab a slabbed 9.8 #1 before that happens!

Not a creator owned title, but Green Arrow #17 is a nice book as well.

It's not hot...yet.

I like this book so much I've now accumulated 8 copies of #1. I seem to have no luck with the condition on this series however. None of the #1's I have are solid 9.8's as they were mostly ordered online. Even some issues I've bought off the shelf like #3 and 4 I have noticed what looks like some paper flaw on the covers.

Anyone else have a hard time getting real nice copies of this series?? It is unlike books like EOW and BS where I have no problems pulling super nice 9.8's right off the shelf. Mercenary Sea books have been cherry too.

Not seeing CGC copies of the Sunfire Big Hero 6. Thinking there are not many in NM?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xsunfire+and+big+hero+6&_nkw=sunfire+and+big+hero+6&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I have a raw set up myself right now. I have seen no other grabbers at any of my LCS's either. I would rather have a couple more backups after I sell this one, if it sells that is.

Honestly, I'd expect to see movement in Sweet Tooth before any other Lemire title.

I still need to grab a slabbed 9.8 #1 before that happens!

I just need Lemire to do another signing so I can get my 20 #1s graded. :(