• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Anyone care to elaborate? are they RRP books or special one per store issues? Just never heard that term before .

Looks like it's similar to a RRP: "This variant edition was only given to major comic retailers as a preview to the first series."

Anyone care to elaborate? are they RRP books or special one per store issues? Just never heard that term before .

Looks like it's similar to a RRP: "This variant edition was only given to major comic retailers as a preview to the first series."

most of them were given out at marvel retailer summits. So they're like convention variants. Convention variants you can only get if you're a retailer and buy tickets through diamond for the summit.

So kind of like RRP, but kind of not like RRPs because for the most part they weren't one per retailer.

Not a tier 1 per XXX number of regular covers variant. Just an artificial collectible made to give retailers a reason to attend the summits.

most of them were given out at marvel retailer summits. So they're like convention variants. Convention variants you can only get if you're a retailer and buy tickets through diamond for the summit.

So kind of like RRP, but kind of not like RRPs because for the most part they weren't one per retailer.

Not a tier 1 per XXX number of regular covers variant. Just an artificial collectible made to give retailers a reason to attend the summits.

thanks!!! I got it now and always get them when I attend just never heard it called that. So the upcoming diamond summit in Vegas those giveaways are market books. I always just called them RRP's. learn something new everyday.

I have 10 different issues so far, and would have had 11 but passed on one 2 years ago. Missed out on book market Variant Dorian Gray Marvel Illustrated. The dealer stated less then 50 printed and was asking $500.00 at the time. Tried to get it from him for half but he wouldn't budge, haven't seen it since or online. Oh well, it is what it is.

Nice to see Tim Seeley's Hack Slash moving again.

Books across the board are selling again with sets doing well.

The DDP series does much better then the Image series currently, but they are both selling at or above cover after months of sales being stagnate. Suicide Girls Annual and Carnage one shot seems to be nice sellers still.

Issues 16 and 17 are a little tougher due to DDP having the books pulled from Diamond due to license issues with Re-Animator.

I am still looking for that cover D or E Suicide Girls Annual man what a tough book.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Nice to see Tim Seeley's Hack Slash moving again.

Books across the board are selling again with sets doing well.

The DDP series does much better then the Image series currently, but they are both selling at or above cover after months of sales being stagnate. Suicide Girls Annual and Carnage one shot seems to be nice sellers still.

Issues 16 and 17 are a little tougher due to DDP having the books pulled from Diamond due to license issues with Re-Animator.

I am still looking for that cover D or E Suicide Girls Annual man what a tough book.

hm

Captain America #14 CGC 9.8 @ $61 & 26 watchers. Apparently people are digging this and issue #6

Suicide Squad #1 because of Harley Quinn is getting $26. Pretty impressive really.

I think it probably has as much to do with the Arrow TV series introducing the Suicide Squad as Harley Quinn. She certainly doesn't hurt the series.

Captain America #14 CGC 9.8 @ $61 & 26 watchers. Apparently people are digging this and issue #6

Suicide Squad #1 because of Harley Quinn is getting $26. Pretty impressive really.

I think it probably has as much to do with the Arrow TV series introducing the Suicide Squad as Harley Quinn. She certainly doesn't hurt the series.

You know, for the first time today I saw a auction for Green Lantern #76 mentioning the arrow reference more so than the groundbreaking work of the book itself. I was just beside myself. The times are changing..

Invincible Iron Man 1 also has a book market variant

So did The Stand, I believe. I think that is the one that JJ made me go to a store in Dayton to get some mangled copies at midnight. :P