• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Oops, we hijacked the thread.

Manifest Destiny is HOT !

Winter Soldier is HOT !

Batman stays HOT !

:grin:

The Wake is HOT, now it's not HOT now it's HOT

Yep. It's about like the weather here. If you don't like it, wait a few minutes and it will change.

Not sure where you live, but the weather has been terrible for five months here...it was snowing again today....I guess this is my life now, winter.

Sounds like Ottawa.

Sounds boring

. However, I take medication that makes me hyper and crazy ;)

That leaves you a step ahead of 60% of us; WBTTB :grin:

Croc better watch out for Larry then, since he makes fun of people for taking medication and for being hyperactive.

And for being vapid .

Winter Soldier is HOT !

Batman stays HOT !

Yep. It's about like the weather here. If you don't like it, wait a few minutes and it will change.

Not sure where you live, but the weather has been terrible for five months here...it was snowing again today....I guess this is my life now, winter.

Sounds like Ottawa.

Sounds boring

I don't know if there's anything more boring in life than sitting in gridlock (aka Toronto)...hey honey, might be here awhile, let's roll down the windows...(*cough, cough too much smog today).

Winter Soldier is HOT !

Batman stays HOT !

Sounds like Ottawa.

Sounds boring

I don't know if there's anything more boring in life than sitting in gridlock (aka Toronto)...hey honey, might be here awhile, let's roll down the windows...(*cough, cough too much smog today).

not to mention those bike individual_without_enough_empathys

Well I want to just kick myself in the sack, missed out on Manifest Destiny issue 1 when it came out, luckily I have the others. I have tried to snipe a copy of 1st print issue 1 and keep missing out. Last few that outbid me was in the 40-50 range.

I smell Peter Panzerfaust all over again! May have to suck it up and pay $50.00 for one.

Well I want to just kick myself in the sack, missed out on Manifest Destiny issue 1 when it came out, luckily I have the others. I have tried to snipe a copy of 1st print issue 1 and keep missing out. Last few that outbid me was in the 40-50 range.

I smell Peter Panzerfaust all over again! May have to suck it up and pay $50.00 for one.

the funny thing about MD - there is no talk of a tv show - but it continues to garner interest. All the previous "hot books" had all sorts of media chatter swirling around them. Sometimes a good comic book is just a good comic book.

the funny thing about MD - there is no talk of a tv show - but it continues to garner interest. All the previous "hot books" had all sorts of media chatter swirling around them. Sometimes a good comic book is just a good comic book.

SAGA didn't either, which is that last book that really took off.

Maybe there is still hope for comics!

I mentioned it in the Manifest Destiny thread a while back, but the writer has a tv background and its a skybound book. If there is eventual tv hype it could get out of hand. We'll see, but I love the book either way and had a feeling it was going to be a cool book before it came out. I did not see it doing this well though.

Not sure if this is worth it's own thread or just can be added here.

When checking GPA for the 2 Bunkers I sold over the weekend, they are both listed wrong. The Regular cover for #1 was a 9.8 and sold for $86 (cert. # 0228839011) ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=261439255146 ) and the Variant cover was 9.8 and sold for $66 (cert. # 0228839012) ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=261439259975 ) .

But GPA has #1 listed as 9.4 and sold for $66. And #1 Variant cover as 9.8 and sold for $86.

???(shrug)

It's because so far, it reads like a movie. (thumbs u

It's because so far, it reads like a movie. (thumbs u

I'm of the belief something is brewing at Image too - if they got Silvestri and McFarlane to do a cover for it. I haven't seen another book get big guns like that on a random cover... hm

Is the McFarlane/Silvestri cover for MD the regular cover or is it a variant?

I've yet to get an answer for that very question.

Yeah. Theres frog cover for 7 as well. Frog cover is the only one that in the diamond system for ordering at this point.

Yeah. Theres frog cover for 7 as well. Frog cover is the only one that in the diamond system for ordering at this point.

I like that cover as well. Issue #7 is going to be a cover winner if nothing else. (thumbs u

I like that cover as well. Issue #7 is going to be a cover winner if nothing else. (thumbs u

On Todd's facebook page he stated it's the cover to issue 7. It is also faintly written on top of inks he posted for it. I am guessing they are ditching the frog cover. If you line up all of the covers - the frogger one just looks weird. I bet Matt has been crushed by working on the interiors and opted for a quicky cover..then the Image big wigs stepped in. All conjecture on my part of course :)

Sometimes I scan midtowncomics for comics that sold out...cause they seem to be the last to sell out? Something is wierd about 68 'rule of war'....no real price increase off of ebay....but sold out at midtown and my lcs told me they got shorted 5 copies ( which is significant if you order 8 )