• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Which one is the preview edition; the b&w one? Where/when was it released? Was it at SDCC last year?

Yes SDCC and Oni shopify

Thanks bud! Man, their postage costs are ridiculous!

dont buy from there, very poor packaging unless you are looking for a f/vf copy

I had really good luck with them on the Letter 44s I bought but it has been several months ago. I received mine boxed, in bags and boards protected by bubble wrap. Easy 9.6 - 9.8 copies. I had good luck with Boom on Polarity too. Did Oni change how they ship ?

The market makes little sense sometimes. So Syfy announces all these projects-Letter 44, Pax Romana, Ronin and this series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/syfy-developing-clone-from-walking-deads-robert-kirkman

Within 24 hours the market was pretty dry concerning all those mentioned above but Ebay is littered with Walking Dead 103 variants ( first Clone ). Out of all the announced series Clone seems to have the best chance. Also if Letter 44 can get optioned then what comic doesn't have a chance of getting a pilot? I'm hoping for this:

Obviously you haven't read Letter 44.

i have but if you want my review of the series pm me. all i will briefly say is this, for a comic to get my money and loyal readership both art and story need to be quite good.

Well then you don't buy much then these days. And yes the art is at best average I agree its the weakness of the book.

Funny cause I truly believe we are in a golden age for art and writing! But I would also rather gaze at Jim Woodring art over Jim Lee's so you might not want to trust anything I say or write.

Edited by MrWeen

Im sure Oni wasn't paying much hence the art they got. Some will grow to appreciate it later, but its about average I would think. It doesn't detract from the book it just doesn't help highlight it. If the show becomes a hit fans speculators wont care about the art

Fixed that for you.

Which one is the preview edition; the b&w one? Where/when was it released? Was it at SDCC last year?

Yes SDCC and Oni shopify

I had really good luck with them on the Letter 44s I bought but it has been several months ago. I received mine boxed, in bags and boards protected by bubble wrap. Easy 9.6 - 9.8 copies. I had good luck with Boom on Polarity too. Did Oni change how they ship ?

I believe they did change the way they ship, because I ordered mine around the time you did and mine were fine too but I remember a month or two later people posting that their shipping changed. My two orders were boxed and they threw in an extra copy or the reg 1 with each order

Yes SDCC and Oni shopify

I believe they did change the way they ship, because I ordered mine around the time you did and mine were fine too but I remember a month or two later people posting that their shipping changed. My two orders were boxed and they threw in an extra copy or the reg 1 with each order

I got the extra #1 too. Now that you mention it, I remember people complaining too. I forgot it was this book. I thought it might have been Helheim. (shrug)

The market makes little sense sometimes. So Syfy announces all these projects-Letter 44, Pax Romana, Ronin and this series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/syfy-developing-clone-from-walking-deads-robert-kirkman

Within 24 hours the market was pretty dry concerning all those mentioned above but Ebay is littered with Walking Dead 103 variants ( first Clone ). Out of all the announced series Clone seems to have the best chance. Also if Letter 44 can get optioned then what comic doesn't have a chance of getting a pilot? I'm hoping for this:

Obviously you haven't read Letter 44.

i have but if you want my review of the series pm me. all i will briefly say is this, for a comic to get my money and loyal readership both art and story need to be quite good.

Well then you don't buy much then these days. And yes the art is at best average I agree its the weakness of the book.

Funny cause I truly believe we are in a golden age for art and writing! But I would also rather gaze at Jim Woodring art over Jim Lee's so you might not want to trust anything I say or write.

Yeah Jim Woodring is great. But you know who's better?

Frank R Paul, Alex Schomburg, and Bob Powell. 2c

People think the art is bad on Letter 44, you should check out this other little book, I think some dude charlie wholard or Adwhat or other is his name, man, now that book, the art really stinks, I can't stand the art in the book, Has kept me from buying it for the last 10 years or so.

Im sure Oni wasn't paying much hence the art they got. Some will grow to appreciate it later, but its about average I would think. It doesn't detract from the book it just doesn't help highlight it. If the show becomes a hit fans speculators wont care about the art

Fixed that for you.

lol

good one

Yes SDCC and Oni shopify

I got the extra #1 too. Now that you mention it, I remember people complaining too. I forgot it was this book. I thought it might have been Helheim. (shrug)

Yeah I remember too all mine came boxed or well packed in bubble wrap with cardboard. Like a month later they started getting dinged up. Which honestly was sweet for me cuz all mine were 9.4 or better. :devil:

Besides Jimmy and Ranx, are there any other Canadian bay sellers on the forum. I'm always looking for local dealers in the know. Cheaper shipping. What can I say.

Just thought I'd ask.

MD

What part of Canada are you?

Shoot me a PM if you're after anything in particular. I just got 30 new slabs back, and have a ton of raw stuff as well.