• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Yup, I've seen auctions for 1-9, or 1-10, or 1-11 go for anywhere from $30-$40

Not really sure EoW is considered "heating up" on eBay the story sure is! :banana:

:banana:

Yeah there are tons not in that range but those are as high as I have seen so far. I can't wait until A. Game of Thrones tonight and B. East of West on Wednesday.

so hyped for Game of Thrones.

I'm on 71 minute countdown. After watching the "Great Chicken Charlie Brown" episode, there was a little lull but I loved the last half of last week's episode and I'm seeing greatness this week. ;)

Yes last week was great.

you can get over $8 each for EoW #1s from My Comicshop and they'll buy all you have.

Yep. It's gone from way overhyped to great story to picking up a few readers. I know the print run is going down but there seems to be more chatter about this book on other sites though a lot less than previous on this one excluding us diehards. lol

Garf and a few others called it on this one.

In reference to Outcast - I was pretty much against Thief of Thieves. I thought it was a great read, but to speculate on another Kirkman title just because its Kirkman?

Anyways, I was obviously wrong and ate my words. So I can't see Outcast #1 not selling out and selling for $10 within the first two months of release.

ToT is pretty boring IMO. Reads as the screenplay to Italian Job more or less. If it didn't have the show hype it would have never gained in value, again, IMO.

In reference to Outcast - I was pretty much against Thief of Thieves. I thought it was a great read, but to speculate on another Kirkman title just because its Kirkman?

Anyways, I was obviously wrong and ate my words. So I can't see Outcast #1 not selling out and selling for $10 within the first two months of release.

ToT is pretty boring IMO. Reads as the screenplay to Italian Job more or less. If it didn't have the show hype it would have never gained in value, again, IMO.

You nailed it there! Every 3rd page seemed like it was "cue interlude" or "cut to a commercial". When you're reading a book for the first 8 month it's out and can't remember any of the character's names, it's not a good sign

I didn't like ToT either, but the TV show saved it in my opinion.

So the logic probably applies here as well.

I don't know. I liked up till Nick Spencer left. Or joined. Which ever made the book more unfavourable lol

As long as there is an issue 2, you won't get hardcored. 2c

I don't know. I liked up till Nick Spencer left. Or joined. Which ever made the book more unfavourable lol

Be nice if he left Bedlam and let Riley Rossmo take over

See I would argue he is the only chance to keep Bedlam going because I though the change would help the book.

Wow. I think Spencer is great! But I think when he's told what to do he sucks. I mean, just look at his marvel super hero work. His Thief of Thieves stuff felt forced, like Kirkman was behind him saying "write it like this, no like this". I enjoyed the first arc! :)

Jimmy's right.

Bet on Kirkman.

Don't forget to tip AMC for optioning it before it was even solicited.

If it does make it to series it won't matter how many were printed, it will only matter how many to you didn't buy.

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

Wow. I think Spencer is great! But I think when he's told what to do he sucks. I mean, just look at his marvel super hero work. His Thief of Thieves stuff felt forced, like Kirkman was behind him saying "write it like this, no like this". I enjoyed the first arc! :)

I loved Spencer's writing on Bedlam, my issue is the delays and that getting the book out doesn't seem like a priority for it IMO

Can't you still order the book at 40% off cover in presale?

East of West #1 first prints sells for how much again?

You work at a LCS, it wouldn't be cheaper to buy through them than DCBS? (I have no idea what DCBS charges for shipping to Canada, have never used the service).