• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Okay, now we're talking! I'm still holding my 2 copies of #1 for now. After seeing that trailer I'm gonna say this show is gonna rock, and the #1's are gonna get real pricey.

Pardon me for asking the obvious question, but why? This was a regular book 2 years prior to being turned into a comic book series - and the comic book series is only supposed to last for 24 issues. Why would this book retain any value over time? ???

Okay, now we're talking! I'm still holding my 2 copies of #1 for now. After seeing that trailer I'm gonna say this show is gonna rock, and the #1's are gonna get real pricey.

Pardon me for asking the obvious question, but why? This was a regular book 2 years prior to being turned into a comic book series - and the comic book series is only supposed to last for 24 issues. Why would this book retain any value over time? ???

:shrug: "It's the market!" "It's the market?"

I also read two of the books prior to the comic series, but books just don't seem to jump in price like a comic does. I'm not saying i'll hold these indefinitely, but will for now. That trailer looks killer and I believe the #1 of the comic series will jump up much further. And who knows, maybe even retain value if the license carries on in a different form after the show. Only time can tell these things. The 2 copies I have aren't taking up that much space.

V Wars is awesome! It's not just a typical vampire storyline. The writer has alluded to many different directions this will explore. He is also absolutely sure this will be a TV show. His other novel which will be adapted into comic book format is already in talks of becoming a movie. Google Jonathan Maberry - great guy, great writer.

which is why I can't figure out why the FCBD issue isn't selling for me....I mean it IS the first appearance right?

V Wars is awesome! It's not just a typical vampire storyline. The writer has alluded to many different directions this will explore. He is also absolutely sure this will be a TV show. His other novel which will be adapted into comic book format is already in talks of becoming a movie. Google Jonathan Maberry - great guy, great writer.

which is why I can't figure out why the FCBD issue isn't selling for me....I mean it IS the first appearance right?

Sure, but the current supply far surpasses the demands. The book getting the attention right now is the black variant #1. Which I believe is the scarcest. But, it's also only on issue 2.

hm

FCBD was at the beginning of May... #2 is already out. I think #1 might have come first. I could be wrong on this though.

hm

FCBD was at the beginning of May... #2 is already out. I think #1 might have come first. I could be wrong on this though.

Correct #1 was released April 30th.

Scalped 43 is still scorching!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=1&_nkw=scalped+43&rt=nc

Just wait til the slabbed ones start to show up

What happens when someone actually opens the book, reads it, and realizes that it is NOT Earl Tubb?

Might as well just put "1st Rick Grimes" in the auction title, too. It's just as accurate, and at least Grimes was also a cop.

Bunch of different sellers, don't recognize any of them.

Caveat emptor.

Obviously, it's pretty crappy if the sellers know that it's not his first appearance and they are still advertising them as such. That being said, buyers should also do their homework.

Caveat emptor.

Obviously, it's pretty crappy if the sellers know that it's not his first appearance and they are still advertising them as such. That being said, buyers should also do their homework.

If the creators of the book say it is, then it is

http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/06/02/first-appearance-of-southern-bastards-not-where-you-might-think/

Edited by Lonzilla

Caveat emptor.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/06/02/first-appearance-of-southern-bastards-not-where-you-might-think/

Seriously. WTF.

That's *NOT* what Jason Aaron said, and linking to an erroneous "article" on the internet doesn't change that fact. Have you even read the book...? The character on that page is a recurring character from Scalped and is NOT Earl Tubb. Anyone that has read Scalped knows that. What Jason Aaron said was that he got the idea to work with Jason Latour on a regular series (that would become Southern Bastards) after seeing Latour's fill-in work on issue 43 of Scalped. This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp, so I don't know why you are being so stubborn about it. Just open the book and READ IT.

Maybe I'll post on a blog that I am the second-coming of Jesus Christ, and then you can link to my blog to prove it's true.

so, we can say that these sellers are scammers. They're scamming buyers.

I would put the blame on the various internet sites that mentioned the connection over the eBay sellers. I don't think random unaware buyers of the book are searching eBay for "First appearance of _______ character from Southern Bastards" in the search field, coming across Scalped 43 and blowing 30 dollars on it. Besides not all the listings mention Southern Bastards or Earl Tubb,

Edited by darkstar

Caveat emptor.

Seriously. WTF.

That's *NOT* what Jason Aaron said, and linking to an erroneous "article" on the internet doesn't change that fact. Have you even read the book...? The character on that page is a recurring character from Scalped and is NOT Earl Tubb. Anyone that has read Scalped knows that. What Jason Aaron said was that he got the idea to work with Jason Latour on a regular series (that would become Southern Bastards) after seeing Latour's fill-in work on issue 43 of Scalped. This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp, so I don't know why you are being so stubborn about it. Just open the book and READ IT.

Maybe I'll post on a blog that I am the second-coming of Jesus Christ, and then you can link to my blog to prove it's true.

Is this you behind the public-service announcement? lol

+1000000 Court.

This is one of the stupidest things I have seen in comics in a long time. Auctions should just read "1st appearance of a guy with a blonde mustache, that kinda looks like another guys blonde mustache, on a completely different guy"

People are dumb.