• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Its pretty weird that marvel character's arn't allowed to smoke but can be called things like Angel Dust.

That's because the PC police get to decide what is correct and what isn't.

The PC police in this instance being Joe Quesada. Not being allowed to smoke but drinking as much as you want? Yeah that makes sense Marvel.

Joe Quesada's dad died of lung cancer due to smoking.

ok. and thats a good reason to ban smoking from the marvel universe why?

Again, doing drugs and alcohol abuse is still and has been tolerated within the Marvel Universe for some time.

If you can't figure this one out on your own, I can't help you. (shrug)

Yeah good luck with that. I miss Wolverine's cigar, but I appreciate the message here as well.

The message is that people are so impressionable that if they see superheroes smoking they'll start to smoke.

1. Smoking isn't the only way to get lung cancer.

2. I can make my own choices thanks.

It's quite possible that even though Quesada took the heat for that decision, in many ways, legally, it wasn't a move without some precedent. Only a few years earlier, Camel Cigarettes pulled Joe Camel from their advertising due to a court battle going on that looked to show that their advertising was directed at children.

Since comics are still considered to be for children by most of the public and since comics still attract children through both comics, movies and cartoons, it probably wasn't a bad idea.

Cant believe that iZombie is being released next month and the comic is not even showing signs of heating up.. Its kinda funny how it sold over double the current asking price when it was first optioned.. Crazy times we live in

Probably because the preview looks awful.

The only way to get a cheap Morlocks #1 is to look for ones that were already up for auction before the news was announced ;)

Yep. I missed this one by about a mile but figured someone might have some of these laying around.

Jaw drop.. I have 5 or 6 copies somewhere.. Wonder if those prices will stay by the time I dig them out lol

I ordered about 8 copies a few days ago. Based on my previous order of Captain America #275 from him, chances say I don't see any of them.

If that's the case, I'll follow up and out the seller.

The only way to get a cheap Morlocks #1 is to look for ones that were already up for auction before the news was announced ;)

Yep. I missed this one by about a mile but figured someone might have some of these laying around.

Jaw drop.. I have 5 or 6 copies somewhere.. Wonder if those prices will stay by the time I dig them out lol

I ordered about 8 copies a few days ago. Based on my previous order of Captain America #275 from him, chances say I don't see any of them.

If that's the case, I'll follow up and out the seller.

i found 12 copies of Morlocks in the dollar bin at a LCS today so i grabbed 6 of them, and another copy of Rust #1... but nothing on my hunt for Enormous =(

It is amazing how any book can just become fire these days. Truthfully, a good strategy is to just buy multiples of really nice copies of random books because you just never know what character/villain these movies are going to feature.

Cant believe that iZombie is being released next month and the comic is not even showing signs of heating up.. Its kinda funny how it sold over double the current asking price when it was first optioned.. Crazy times we live in

Zombies are yesterdays news.

hm lets think now.. a zombie series with a female lead character from the channel that won a Golden Globe award for best TV series this year that also happens to have 2 other successful comic book based shows..

I'll pass.. Cause we all know that female demographics are not left, right & center of the market today lol

It is amazing how any book can just become fire these days. Truthfully, a good strategy is to just buy multiples of really nice copies of random books because you just never know what character/villain these movies are going to feature.

Even that may prove fruitless pretty soon.

Uncanny X-Men #221 has been on fire lately and it hasn't even been announced that Mr. Sinister will be in the movies. Value based completely on hope.

From what I've seen of it so far, it looks pretty bad

I'm not in the audience they're after... but I don't think the trailer looks that bad. The girl is cute, the production value didn't look terrible, and it is something a little different, but wrapped up in something familiar in so far as the trailer makes it look like the episodes will be extremely formulaic.

I won't be watching it, but it could catch on.

I'm not in the audience they're after... but I don't think the trailer looks that bad. The girl is cute, the production value didn't look terrible, and it is something a little different, but wrapped up in something familiar in so far as the trailer makes it look like the episodes will be extremely formulaic.

Honestly, Im worried about the exact opposite, that its gonna be too gruesome for female teenagers. I dunno, a girl chewing on someone's brains doesnt sound like something thats gonna fly in CW, but somehow they made it work, otherwise it wouldnt air, right?

Honestly, Im worried about the exact opposite, that its gonna be too gruesome for female teenagers. I dunno, a girl chewing on someone's brains doesnt sound like something thats gonna fly in CW, but somehow they made it work, otherwise it wouldnt air, right?

I think you may be overestimating how squeamish they may be, I don't know. I think it is more important that she isn't always being rescued and such - women want to watch women characters be tough and take care of business. If they get that right, and the acting isn't terrible, and the formula for the format is right, it'll do OK I think.

Kinda hot maybe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iZombie-1-2-3-4-5-6-8-11-12-13-15-16-House-of-Mystery-Annual-1-/331474689152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d6e5c80

Kinda hot maybe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iZombie-1-2-3-4-5-6-8-11-12-13-15-16-House-of-Mystery-Annual-1-/331474689152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d6e5c80

:applause:

Your listing?

Uncanny X-Men #221 has been on fire lately and it hasn't even been announced that Mr. Sinister will be in the movies. Value based completely on hope.

what do you consider lately? :D

I started trying to piece together a complete X-Men run from 144-300 about 5 years ago and 221 is just one of those issues that is missing from every box I look in. I'm not going to pay a premium for it since it is a relatively "unknown" character who is the main hook but what the hell.

what do you consider lately? :D

I started trying to piece together a complete X-Men run from 144-300 about 5 years ago and 221 is just one of those issues that is missing from every box I look in. I'm not going to pay a premium for it since it is a relatively "unknown" character who is the main hook but what the hell.

Havent seen any of the So Much Fun 2nd print variants around lately.. Wonder if those are heating up as well hm

Kinda hot maybe?

Your listing?

Nope, not mine. I only have one copy of the annual, and #2. I remember when that annual came out and I was collecting HOM at the time, but couldn't find 9.8 contenders off the shelf and let them slide. I loved the cover and wanted it bad at the time but just never found any I liked so that was that. Later on down the road I just bought an 8.0 copy out of a back issue bin at my LCS......... doh!

Kinda hot maybe?

Your listing?

I sold a NM/- copy of the HoM Annual for $50 about a week ago, if that helps.

Sold my iZombie #1 too early but managed to find 2 Annuals for cover.