• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

The only way to get a cheap Morlocks #1 is to look for ones that were already up for auction before the news was announced ;)

Yep. I missed this one by about a mile but figured someone might have some of these laying around.

Jaw drop.. I have 5 or 6 copies somewhere.. Wonder if those prices will stay by the time I dig them out lol

I ordered about 8 copies a few days ago. Based on my previous order of Captain America #275 from him, chances say I don't see any of them.

If that's the case, I'll follow up and out the seller.

As promised, I am outing the seller.

If anybody shops on Atomic Avenue, stay away from seller mpalish or Forest Creek Comics and Collectibles. For the second time he has cancelled an order of mine because a comic got hot between the time I placed the order and he prepares for shipment.

The only way to get a cheap Morlocks #1 is to look for ones that were already up for auction before the news was announced ;)

Yep. I missed this one by about a mile but figured someone might have some of these laying around.

Jaw drop.. I have 5 or 6 copies somewhere.. Wonder if those prices will stay by the time I dig them out lol

I ordered about 8 copies a few days ago. Based on my previous order of Captain America #275 from him, chances say I don't see any of them.

If anybody shops on Atomic Avenue, stay away from seller mpalish or Forest Creek Comics and Collectibles. For the second time he has cancelled an order of mine because a comic got hot between the time I placed the order and he prepares for shipment.

This type of practice is becoming standard for many comic sellers. Why do the work if someone else will let you know whats hot by ordering multiples, then cancel them and raise your price.

I don't get it. It's lazy and just plain bad business. They are in the business of selling comics, keep up with it. If some random collector can beat you to the punch, then you should suck it up and fill the order.

Ive made a few purchases like this where I got a little note in my box saying " Congrats! This book is HOT now! " as if to say... " your lucky I shipped it to you".

Jot down their name, and never buy from them again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEATHZONE-1st-Print-Michel-Fiffe-Comic-Death-Zone-/171667998869?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f835c895

Wow, $450....and I felt a tad guilty selling mine for around $200 last summer to someone here.

I remember thinking when I bought it off the rack maybe I should buy two or three because it looked kind of interesting and had a ridiculously low print run, but the cheaparse in me balked at buying multiples for $5 each

Thanks, and noted.

That is a shame I had bought a few books from him years ago and never did stuff like that. Sad days indeed about these new practices.

Indeed. I successfully ordered a book from him a while ago, but the last few times this has happened.

This type of practice is becoming standard for many comic sellers. Why do the work if someone else will let you know whats hot by ordering multiples, then cancel them and raise your price.

I don't get it. It's lazy and just plain bad business. They are in the business of selling comics, keep up with it. If some random collector can beat you to the punch, then you should suck it up and fill the order.

Ive made a few purchases like this where I got a little note in my box saying " Congrats! This book is HOT now! " as if to say... " your lucky I shipped it to you".

Jot down their name, and never buy from them again.

This type of practice is becoming standard for many comic sellers on Atomic Avenue.

I thought I was going through this with Avengers 316 the other day but the seller came through and I'm a happy camper. I hate that this happened to you.

Ah, it's alright. I had a feeling it was going to happen. Just hate for it to happen to someone else

i thought this was going to happen to me this weekend... i slipped in and bought 2 NM Enormous #1 Phantom Variants at $25 a piece on Friday from mile high... then they changed the price to 50 saturday morning... been waiting for an out of stock notice... but they sent me an invoice and charged my card this morning... so we'll see...

Edited by zupaphly

Mile High sent me a very large poster of Chuck in his warehouse.

its weird. And I am 100% putting it up next to my bed. :cloud9:

Pics or it didn't happen.

+1 sharing is caring.

I decided to put it up at my bosses house without telling him the next time I'm there.

I'll take pictures ect.

I really hate to hear that. I have bought from that seller for literally years without any type of major issue.

Edited by Fastballspecial