• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

The comic book world is a fickle place. I am starting to think that the first appearances of characters (when it is not straightforward) are decided on a case by case basis depending on which book it would be cooler for them to appear in.

The Rat Queens preview in "What's Next" was originally intended to be the first 5 pages of issue 1, but then the -script was tweaked and these five pages were removed. As such, those five pages are essentially the first true appearance of the Queens, and as far as I know those five pages have not yet been reprinted. IMO, that's a book to keep an eye on.

+1

Quick question, gang. With the upcoming Outcast show this may merit some discussion. WD 127 came out 1 month before Outcast #1. It contains a 3 page intro where Kyle Barnes is fully pictured, called by his first name and at the end of the prologue the statement is made that the story continues in Outcast #1 next month. Outcast #1 is listed as the first appearance and I'm sure the character is explored in much greater detail. Any thoughts on this either way?

if previews is your game (yup, I said the P word) I is For Image January 2014 (white label I) precedes Both WD127 & Outcast #1 by a 4-5 months.

iimage1.jpg

iimage2.jpg

Wow! $112 for the full 1-7 run!

Timing.

Is.

Everything.

(and condition of course ;) )

Or you could get a higher grade set for 30 dollars less.

I'm a Registry completist, and I love the 5 page preview books.

I was pumped to land the i is for Image one that contained Birthright and Wytches.

And all of the random Panzerfaust preview books.

I don't consider them 1st appearances by any stretch of the imagination (except the Wytches story), but I love them as part of my "complete" collection.

I can see where some disregard them, but I've always wanted them.

Now this is limited to comic book form previews. No thanks to the Previews magazine and the like.

She's going to be in the Deadpool movie - Gina Carano

I'm more amazed that Marvel named a character after a drug

I prefer to think they named her after a Faith No More album.

That's because youuuu have the luxary of being an adult. Some of us aren't blessed with tact and maturity, lol

:jokealert: