• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Batman #40 is now in for a third print and second print not even in the stores yet
diamond hasn't solicited a 3rd print as of yet

also, justice league 40 still in stock at diamond...reg cover and movie...combo is sold out now

yah there's plenty of JL 40 everywhere still, except the variants and combos.

Btw, is that Aquaman's trident and Wonder Woman's lasso?

Aquaman's Trident, Wonder Woman's lasso, Batman's belt, Superman's cape...

Looks like Sinestro's ring and another ring as well.

Is that all from JLA 40?

It's not from JL 40. The splash in question is from divergence FCBD. None of this is in JL 40.

You guys are killin me.

Let's make this easy.

Grail cameo/first appearance (in shadows, not named) in JL#40: http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Justice-League-40-2015-Page-23-600x922.jpg

Grail origin, named, full appearance in Divergence#1 : http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Image-50-600x476.jpg

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Image-51-600x1035.jpg

Its JL #40 combo and 1:25 for me for obvious reasons

JL40 came out on Wednesday Apr 29 and the last panel indicates her story is continued in Divergence which came out three days later on Saturday May 02.

I wonder if the Divergence story will be repeated in JL 41

That's what I'm thinking. The three Divergence stories seemed to be excerpts from Batman 41, JL 41 and Superman 41.

Well the intro to Divergence suggests that we aren't seeing an 8 page preview of a story, but an original short. I'm sure they will repeat the information, but I don't think there will be a page for page copying into JL 41. But we will see.

It says in the beginning of the FCBD that they are standalone...I think.

http://comicsheatingup.net/2015/05/06/sold-out-comics-for-delivery-tomorrow/#more-7972

Dead Drop #1, Valiant’s new book, is also sold out in advance, this is the big one for the week.

There are 4 covers for Dead Drop #1. A,B,C,or D versions.They were order any/all instead of 1:10, 1:25, etc.

TFAW is out of all of them (backordered). Midtown only has cover A listed as in-stock.

I picked up a set today at my lcs. Cool story and nice art.

Dan

why are these new Valiant titles heating up yet the 2012 Harbinger/Bloodshot etc. aren't doing squat....

I only ask because I don't have any early Valiant keys and those are hot, yet I do have 2012 valiant and those are dead and now new Valiant that I have none of are going hot.

Edited by krighton

Our local Hastings store had two of the Batman #40 combo packs on the shelf.

They also had one left of the regular issue and one of the of the Joker movie variants.

Dan

Ahh... go buy the combo packs for me. I'll throw in a beer on top of price and shipping...lol

why are these new Valiant titles heating up yet the 2012 Harbinger/Bloodshot etc. aren't doing squat....

I only ask because I don't have any early Valiant keys and those are hot, yet I do have 2012 valiant and those are dead and now new Valiant that I have none of are going hot.

Probably for the same reason for which I sold all my original valiant books (mostly in NM) for about $0.50-1.00 each about a year ago? lol

Probably for the same reason for which I sold all my original valiant books (mostly in NM) for about $0.50-1.00 each about a year ago? lol

I think you answered your own question... a lot of people (particularly dealers) thought they had tons of unsold Valiant books that were worthless, but when they went to look, they couldn't find the early Valiant keys that got hot.

Valiant collectors have known for years that dealers THINK they have lots of Valiant, and they often laugh when you ask about Valiant... but you actually start looking at their inventory and they have Magnus starting at #17, X-O starting at #13, etc.