• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Is this a decent read? Thought about picking up the tpb to see what it's about.

about 2 months ago, a facebook seller pulled 23 copies of bloodshot 7 out of our 10/$1 box :o

Are you upset about that? I would be happy to get rid of them and get something in return.

I'm never upset selling at a price I put on ...regardless of future... he turned around and sold them all for $5-10 each...good for him (thumbs u

Valiant collectors have known for years that dealers THINK they have lots of Valiant, and they often laugh when you ask about Valiant... but you actually start looking at their inventory and they have Magnus starting at #17, X-O starting at #13, etc.

X-O at #13...?

hm

I didn't know #9-12 were hot.

:D

As you know, there's a different between "hot" and "not in the box".

It's not unusual for the first 12 issues of a book (first year) to be missing from back issue bins, even if 10 of those 12 aren't worth more than cover price.

Frankly, I'm surprised Unity hasn't seen more fire. It's not as if the books were printed in X-Men numbers, after all. And the set does represent a number of firsts.

That's likely a reflection of collectors (or speculators) not knowing what those firsts are... or not caring.

There aren't any major first appearances, for example.

about 2 months ago, a facebook seller pulled 23 copies of bloodshot 7 out of our 10/$1 box :o

Are you upset about that? I would be happy to get rid of them and get something in return.

I'm never upset selling at a price I put on ...regardless of future... he turned around and sold them all for $5-10 each...good for him (thumbs u

Bloodshot #7? or do you mean #6?

which ever is first appearance of someone lol (that's how much attention I paid)...

Is this a decent read? Thought about picking up the tpb to see what it's about.

It's a modern day retelling of the Odyssey. Great read and Phil Noto's art is always amazing.

which ever is first appearance of someone lol (that's how much attention I paid)...

Sounds like your 10/$1 boxes are worth picking through then......... lol

I guess I should have checked your boxes Rick. I didn't know you had those. Here I thought I was the only Valiant guy at your store.

can you imagine the mind blowing protests and threats if they had female superheroes sliding down Stripper Poles.

Not to mention the lack of diversity :facepalm:

jeez louise, the p.c. police have warped my mind too, the first thing i noticed about that cover was "criminey, they could have added john stewart on there for the sake of diversity"

I guess I should have checked your boxes Rick. I didn't know you had those. Here I thought I was the only Valiant guy at your store.

we've sold hundreds if not thousands of valiants ....all the boxes on the table as you walk in...

we've recently moved them to 5/$1 but still good deals!

has Diamond said if they'll ship more Batman 40 Combos next week...my amazon seller said he didn't get his (hopefully he didn't just turn and burn them on ebay) and maybe next week.

Doesn't sound good, may just cancel my order

Edited by krighton

has Diamond said if they'll ship more Batman 40 Combos next week...my amazon seller said he didn't get his (hopefully he didn't just turn and burn them on ebay) and maybe next week.

I have some incoming that were invoiced....but after this week, there won't be any more as it has gone pink arrow (meaning sold out, no back orders, no stock)

I have some incoming that were invoiced....but after this week, there won't be any more as it has gone pink arrow (meaning sold out, no back orders, no stock)

Why am I picturing something like this, except well, with Green Arrow....

Hawkeye%20Hello%20Kitty_zps8ivmyhqn.jpg

Edited by dane323

Did any stores have store exclusive versions to the FCBD Divergence other than Newbuy Comics? They had all locations and their logo printed on their covers, not a stamp.

Midtown did this, too.

Dragons Lair San Antonio.