• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

and those sales are without any internet 'hype'. Maybe it's a good story that's in short supply. Iceman, Scott & Groot do get mutated into a higher cosmic form...maybe that has something to do with it.

Edited by krighton

So is it all black vortex or just certain issues.....this is odd unless it's just rarity

I have been all over this week and have not found one copy of this in any store.

I just read Captain Marvel 14 & Cyclops 12....I could see maybe 12 being hot because of the cosmic transmutations. I don't see anything special at all about CM 14 except maybe its hard to find. Cyclops 12 was a lot more fun to read than CM 14.

It's an old phenomenon: lowest print run books in a large crossover.

There was a Scarlet Spider book that heated up a couple of years ago for the same reason. (SS 20?)

There was a Scarlet Spider book that heated up a couple of years ago for the same reason. (SS 20?)

Can't be that, no one reads anymore :jokealert:

+1

The same scenario as New Mutants(2009 3rd series) #12 in the Second Coming story arc. That book shot up to $20+ the day it came out. It's not always a low print run per se rather sometimes an under or low ordered title in a popular story arc.

LCS try to estimate the interest of an upcoming story arc by their preview orders or asking subscribers directly if they're interested in picking up all the tie-in issues. A lot of subscribers will say that they are going to pass on certain big event cross-over stories but end up buying tie-in copies anyway on a Wednesday release if a big enough buzz generates around the story. So the shelf copy supply takes a hit when actually a good percentage of the sales could have been pull box copies if subscribers who bought the shelf copies had committed to subscribing to the tie-ins months earlier.

I didn't hear much of a buzz about Black Vortex but obviously there is a slowly rising demand for the tie-in issues and the supply is dwindling. The shops I frequent ordered heavily on this storyline but I'm pretty sure they're pulling the copies off the shelves to put up on ebay or bumping up the prices way above cover price by now.

^^

Most recent one I can think of was Nightcrawler #7 and the Death of Wolverine crossover.

How about Nova #36, last issue and lead in story to Thanos Imperative?

The people that keep asking why Black Vortex storyline issues are heating up havent read the books. Try reading comics sometime.

The storyline is good. Now I really hate it has an X-men fan because they are sending Kitty Pryde off on a space adventure she might not come back from to earth ever. Apparently if she does it will be as a new character see CM 14. Any true X-men fan knows she is supposed to marry a Tall Shiny guy not some Half Breed Alien. rantrant

Those books are tough to find and tie into a story that wasnt pushed by Marvel. Why? Because they sticking to all Mutants right now. Those tie in books arent in many shops because their print runs are ridiculously low. Heck the Nova book was even lower just watch it start to climb too.

The last set I remember doing this was the lead up issues to the Sinestro War in Green Lantern. 15-18 sold very well for a long time. (Or 16-18 cant rem which). They had Backup Sinestro War Stories in them.

Edited by Fastballspecial

The people that keep asking why Black Vortex storyline issues are heating up havent read the books. Try reading comics sometime.

The storyline is good. Now I really hate it has an X-men fan because they are sending Kitty Pryde off on a space adventure she might not come back from to earth ever. Any true X-men fan knows she is supposed to marry a Tall Shiny guy not some Half Breed Alien. rantrant

Those books are tough to find and tie into a story that wasnt pushed by Marvel. Why? Because they sticking to all Mutants right now. Those tie in books arent in many shops because their print runs are ridiculously low. Heck the Nova book was even lower just watch it start to climb too.

The last set I remember doing this was the lead up issues to the Sinestro War in Green Lantern. 15-18 sold very well for a long time. (Or 16-18 cant rem which). They had Backup Sinestro War Stories in them.

If good stories and short printed books were all that it took to make books heat up, we'd be spending a lot on Image comics other than just TWD and Saga. 2c

The storyline is good. Now I really hate it has an X-men fan because they are sending Kitty Pryde off on a space adventure she might not come back from to earth ever. Any true X-men fan knows she is supposed to marry a Tall Shiny guy not some Half Breed Alien. rantrant

Cyclops 12 was one of the most enjoyable comic reads I've had in a while.....they did great with the humor.