• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

Rachel Rising 27

1st Branget

Key Issue

lol

Speaking of RR, has anyone noticed the low auction sales for copies of #1? Last summer a 9.6 cgc might for for 300$

Today I saw a cgc 9.6 listed for 100 and close with no bids. It's a shame because I really like the story and want to see it do well.

Also seeing manifest destiny ice cold right now. I bought a lbcc 1 9.8 SS for 130$

Rachel Rising 27

1st Branget

Key Issue

lol

Speaking of RR, has anyone noticed the low auction sales for copies of #1? Last summer a 9.6 cgc might for for 300$

Today I saw a cgc 9.6 listed for 100 and close with no bids. It's a shame because I really like the story and want to see it do well.

Also seeing manifest destiny ice cold right now. I bought a lbcc 1 9.8 SS for 130$

Summers are always the time to buy. It's also time to buy when the hucksters stop pimping a book.

how bout:

1st Jane Foster with the power of Thor?

Logical Key designation, No?

Not the way Key has been defined for the majority of comic collecting history, though the word seems to mean less and less with each passing year. Let me put it another way:

1st Jane Foster is NOT a Key....therefore, 1st Jane Foster "x" cannot be either.

1st appearance Jane Foster with the power of Thor?

Work with me here.

What If #10 is an important book.

mess. The clue was on the cover of #1

Marvel WANTS Natalie Portman to pick up the hammer.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/13/drolling-for-clicks-how-the-revealed-identity-of-thor-makes-a-lot-of-sense/

The current market will eat it up.

Natalie Portman will never be Thor in the movie. That would be dumber than Gwyneth Paltrow being Iron Man.

Gwyneth Paltrow will be Rescue is what you meant to say.

Right?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Rescue

GUARANTEED movie appearance.

Might as well embrace it fellas, there are girls in the your comic shop.

And they collect paper.

Then that would be just another reason to buy Iron Man 10,11 ( first J.A.R.V.I.S./Vision?/Rescue )

Rachel Rising 27

1st Branget

Key Issue

lol

Does anyone here know the print run of the Halloween Comicfest printing for issue 1?

I can't imagine Natalie Portman signing on to do a bunch of Thor movies.

They're already having a hard time re-upping the contract on some of the other actors who don't have an oscar, and aren't as in demand. Having her replace Hemsworth and sign a long term contract is probably unlikely.

how bout:

1st Jane Foster with the power of Thor?

Logical Key designation, No?

Not the way Key has been defined for the majority of comic collecting history, though the word seems to mean less and less with each passing year. Let me put it another way:

1st Jane Foster is NOT a Key....therefore, 1st Jane Foster "x" cannot be either.

1st appearance Jane Foster with the power of Thor?

Work with me here.

What If #10 is an important book.

mess. The clue was on the cover of #1

Marvel WANTS Natalie Portman to pick up the hammer.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/13/drolling-for-clicks-how-the-revealed-identity-of-thor-makes-a-lot-of-sense/

The current market will eat it up.

Natalie Portman will never be Thor in the movie. That would be dumber than Gwyneth Paltrow being Iron Man.

portman is the size of thor's hammer. it just doesn't make sense visually. someone like kate upton would make more sense physically, but she isn't much of an actress

and charlize might be too old, but then again, maybe not, thor is thousands of years old.... she has the physicality. if she is doing mad max movies she might not be too picky about this.

Edited by the blob

I can't imagine Natalie Portman signing on to do a bunch of Thor movies.

They're already having a hard time re-upping the contract on some of the other actors who don't have an oscar, and aren't as in demand. Having her replace Hemsworth and sign a long term contract is probably unlikely.

Who says she has to sign a long term contract and replace him?

It could all be done in one movie and by the end back to normal.

Only in the MCU it will end up being Roz Solomon who actually is Lady Thor, and make everyone's head explode for doing the opposite of what the comics did with the old bait and switch.

Fox will produce this one.....since continuity is not their thing. lol

Edited by UltraMaximus

What If #10 I think is over rated.

I realize everybody wants to sell some copies, but come on, it's a What If story.

What can we compare it to? MSH13? That's Silver. And part of canon. (shrug)

Even if Lady Thor sticks around (and I believe with Secret Wars, they'll find a way), it's not the first actual appearance of the character, but rather an 'imaginary' imaginary story. But I guess the market will tell.

could probably stop discussing What If? 10 here, its bronze.

did anyone pick up the thor 8 with the actual Jane Foster reveal? two people called in for it while I was at my LCS yesterday. They each took one of each cover.

could probably stop discussing What If? 10 here, its bronze.

as always if you don't care for the current discussion in the thread, name a book to be discussed

literally did that in the next post.

What If #10 I think is over rated.

I realize everybody wants to sell some copies, but come on, it's a What If story.

What can we compare it to? MSH13? That's Silver. And part of canon. (shrug)

Even if Lady Thor sticks around (and I believe with Secret Wars, they'll find a way), it's not the first actual appearance of the character, but rather an 'imaginary' imaginary story. But I guess the market will tell.

Someone earlier mentioned What If 105 so there is at least one other example of a key first appearance in a What if title. I think the cover really does help What If 10.