• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

I gotta hand it to Jason Aaron on this one.

Pulled the wool over on alot of us. I am glad I sold a few before the announcement or I

really would have got hosed.

I passed on several What If 10s several months back when Jane was in the running because I just didnt believe they would make her Lady Thor. You gotta laugh. lol

I never fell in on this one. Southern Bastards #4 taught me to wait and see with this writer. lol

I've been trying to think of any What If? comparisons....

Wasn't there a Punisher was Cap America one that got hot for a week or two?

I know there has to be others.

I DO think the Jane Foster one is going to be great to make money off of in the short term, but long term I'm just "eh" about it.

Female Thor is extremely popular, always in the top 10-15 in sells each month. I don't think Marvel just flushes her down a toilet a year from now.

I'm stopping before I start to ramble, lol .

Enjoy making that money, fellas.

I DO think the Jane Foster one is going to be great to make money off of in the short term, but long term I'm just "eh" about it.

Female Thor is extremely popular, always in the top 10-15 in sells each month. I don't think Marvel just flushes her down a toilet a year from now.

I get $25 for What If Silver Surfer had the Infinity Gauntlet on the regular...

In February I picked up a What if? 10 from MCS they had graded a 7.5 and today I managed to get another copy from them just after the news broke that they had graded an 8.0 . In general I find their books to be conservatively graded. The 7.5 has some spine roll which a press would help but I am not sure if it will stay hot long enough to justify a press and or getting slabbed.

Actually the 1st appearance of Thor would be tonight

11221301_10205549322906015_7908205632361499935_n.jpg

Here's hoping. He's on my active roster in 2/3 of my fantasy leagues.

What If? #105 is the book that came immediately to mind when I heard about this.

I never sold my Thor 12 but it was the only one I had...glad I didn't have a heavy stock like I'm sure some speculators did....the crash will be thunderous.

I don't think too many people speculating on this book paid anything over cover for it.

I never sold my Thor 12 but it was the only one I had...glad I didn't have a heavy stock like I'm sure some speculators did....the crash will be thunderous.

I don't think too many people speculating on this book paid anything over cover for it.

Yet.

Her first appearance as female Thor What if 10

Yup. Making all copies of Thor: God of Thunder #25, Avengers #30 & Thor #1 worthless. lol

I will buy every first print copy of Thor 1 you have for cover price

It definitely sucks for all who loaded up on those books, At least for the moment. I think the value will depend on what they do with the series. If everything reboots as is stated in this article

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/11/g-willow-wilson-supposed-to-say-jumping-on-point-not-reboot-for-marvel/

...and we go back to male Thor, I think it will probably do what Superior Spider-man did when Peter came back. If she sticks around, all bets are off. I don't get why Marvel keeps doing the reboots. At some point, you think their base would pick up on it. (shrug)

I don't think a reboot or renumbering or relaunch is going to necessarily lead to the re-introduction of a male Thor. Why spend months teasing the female Thor's identity, reveal it, and then a few issues later cast her aside? Especially when the book is doing alright in sales? Plus the pc police are going to be all over Marvel if they dump one of their female leads that quickly.

I really don't think you have any idea what motivates the people that you disagree with.

I really don't think you have any idea what motivates the people that you disagree with.

I don't think you know anything about me. And if you don't think sites like Jezebel will have an article posted crying about the state of females in comics the second the current Thor book gets scrapped, I have some cloud insurance to sell you. Most of the time what motivates these people is nothing more than attention.

Edited by darkstar

174 and 175 are the first appearances of the hellspawn Gunslinger Spawn. Some of the various hellspawn first appearances command a decent price in high grade, like Mandarin.

Also during the stretch of pretty low print runs.

The two books have been getting good prices for awhile now.

Patrick

174 and 175 are the first appearances of the hellspawn Gunslinger Spawn. Some of the various hellspawn first appearances command a decent price in high grade, like Mandarin.

Also during the stretch of pretty low print runs.

The two books have been getting good prices for awhile now.

Patrick

Yes there are quite a few issues between 150 and 200 that command decent money in high grade.