• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

The Woods just got picked up by Universal.

We knew this on October 8th. Don't rely on CHU for late-breaking news.

. Well, "we" didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Unfortunately, not everyone has been around here as long. No reason to post comments like that and I see them all the time.

This is one of the nastiest collector communities on the internet....

Indeed. And one of the best at the same time.. :foryou:

With all the Google+ & Facebook groups, blogs that have popped up recently, honestly, these boards are just mediocre now.

definitely lost the fastball here.

It's now just a third rate place for information, used to be tops.

The core collectors of this site are BY FAR the best in the biz. I've created lifelong friendships with members from these boards in a little over a year. I have 1-2 friends off of facebook and don't even mess with google+ groups. If you think differently maybe you're going about it the wrong way. It's not all about what's hot ATM..

. Well, "we" didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Unfortunately, not everyone has been around here as long. No reason to post comments like that and I see them all the time.

With all the Google+ & Facebook groups, blogs that have popped up recently, honestly, these boards are just mediocre now.

The core collectors of this site are BY FAR the best in the biz. I've created lifelong friendships with members from these boards in a little over a year. I have 1-2 friends off of facebook and don't even mess with google+ groups. If you think differently maybe you're going about it the wrong way. It's not all about what's hot ATM..

The core collectors of this site are BY FAR the best in the biz

Sluuuurp....

*shrug*

Look at my posts...

It's NOT all about 'hot"

I've got plenty of friends on here.

If you can't see the constant hostility from vindictive lunatics...

You're blind.

<3

Edited by LarrysComics

Those are definitely some of the reasons I joined this board. I have a lot to learn and it's always nice to make new, and knowledgable friends in this community. D bags I can do without though.

Nothing but love for the board. You get out what you put into these threads and being an adult when someone else gets too invested in an (and say the bolded part out loud for emphasis) online discussion about comics lets you avoid some of the other less than desirable aspects you sometimes find here.

Rob

The core collectors of this site are BY FAR the best in the biz

Sluuuurp....

*shrug*

Look at my posts...

It's NOT all about 'hot"

I've got plenty of friends on here.

If you can't see the constant hostility from vindictive lunatics...

You're blind.

<3

What keeps this site running isn't the Kamala Khan fanboy.. It's the consistent golden/silver/bronze age collectors that are the :acclaim: of the industry IMO. The newbies will come and go. The consistent old school collectors will always be there. That's what Marvel and DC don't realize. Yes they rebooted every damn comic they could but what did they lose?? Why turn Iceman gay?? Why make Spiderman black?? Create new characters!! That's what we want!! Mesh the old with the new.. It's the best of both worlds just like this site should be..

Other sites flash and then go poof. This one's been here a long time and will continue to consistent. More money and clout on this board then anywhere else simple as that. Anyone doubting that just hasn't been here long enough.

I too wish we could get rid of some of the , but it is what it is.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I visit this site every few days. One thing I really like about it is the way it's set up. I like the way you can instantly see the threads that have unread comments, and the number of said comments.

Funny thing is, this particular thread always has about 35+ new comments every time I wander in. I like modern comics, and I like trying my hand in speculation and playing around with the "flips." Keep in mind I've been collecting comics off and on for 30 or so years, but these days, due to a limited budget, I stick mostly with the new books. I pick up some older books every now and then, but those are mostly to fill holes in my PC. I don't have the disposable income to chase high $ old keys that often, so it's fun to chase the cheap moderns.

All that being said, of the 35+ new comments that are here (in moderns heating up) everytime I visit, MAYBE 3 of them are actually about moderns/moderns that are heating up on ebay. The remaining 32+ comments are just people bi#$%ing about moderns, speculators, speculator sites, and pretty much everything else.

If you don't like this stuff, why are you here in this thread? Yes, the older books are better long-term investments most of the time, but we don't need to be hit over the head with it every single day. Why come to this thread, just to bash on the people who enjoy this aspect of the industry?

So what if there's people filling long boxes with useless drek? How does that affect you personally? If they're having fun doing it, so friggin what. It's no different than playing the lottery. Chances are you're just throwing money away, but it can still be fun.

It's always mentioned that this stuff is going to burst the bubble again, it's a repeat of the 90's. Well guess what? I was around for that time period and yes I have long boxes full of that garbage. But even tho the bubble burst, comics were still being made. And thanks to the newfound interest in the industry, thanks to the movies and tv, it would be harder for it to all collapse now.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, I'm a new guy 'round here after all, but it needs to be said.

I visit this site every few days. One thing I really like about it is the way it's set up. I like the way you can instantly see the threads that have unread comments, and the number of said comments.

Funny thing is, this particular thread always has about 35+ new comments every time I wander in. I like modern comics, and I like trying my hand in speculation and playing around with the "flips." Keep in mind I've been collecting comics off and on for 30 or so years, but these days, due to a limited budget, I stick mostly with the new books. I pick up some older books every now and then, but those are mostly to fill holes in my PC. I don't have the disposable income to chase high $ old keys that often, so it's fun to chase the cheap moderns.

All that being said, of the 35+ new comments that are here (in moderns heating up) everytime I visit, MAYBE 3 of them are actually about moderns/moderns that are heating up on ebay. The remaining 32+ comments are just people bi#$%ing about moderns, speculators, speculator sites, and pretty much everything else.

If you don't like this stuff, why are you here in this thread? Yes, the older books are better long-term investments most of the time, but we don't need to be hit over the head with it every single day. Why come to this thread, just to bash on the people who enjoy this aspect of the industry?

So what if there's people filling long boxes with useless drek? How does that affect you personally? If they're having fun doing it, so friggin what. It's no different than playing the lottery. Chances are you're just throwing money away, but it can still be fun.

It's always mentioned that this stuff is going to burst the bubble again, it's a repeat of the 90's. Well guess what? I was around for that time period and yes I have long boxes full of that garbage. But even tho the bubble burst, comics were still being made. And thanks to the newfound interest in the industry, thanks to the movies and tv, it would be harder for it to all collapse now.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, I'm a new guy 'round here after all, but it needs to be said.

I think you said it very well and I agree. (thumbs u

+1

I'm a bit surprised only graded issues 1 and 2 are listed (at least in 9.8). Where are the Purple Man issues, dang it? Or the origin issues? Seems that sellers are underestimating some of the other issues in the series. (shrug)

I completely agree. To be fair, it is usually the guys that think there mess don't stink here that trash the new guy. I personally have large graded sets, gold/ silver age keys and mess with some new hot stuff to (hopefully) fund my collection a little. I suppose that makes me a target on many levels! lol I don't care. My advice is, don't care either. Get in where you fit in and enjoy this place and the people you meet that you get along with. Have a great experience!