• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Back to Preacher 1 CGC 9.8 hitting $635 with 4 days left....

The book is being auctioned by Junkdrawer, who is a longtime boardie and a legit dealer.

That said, the bidding is legit and not shilled....

This is a clear cut indictation of just how strong of a book Preacher is.

The last 2 sales of a Preacher 1, in about a week, were $720 and then $745.

The cheapest BIN of a CGC 9.8 on ebay is 800 (free shipping)

I'm going to put my 9.8 up tomorrow at (free shipping) and see it thst catches the trickle down play from the current auction.If the cheapest the book can be bought is $790 or $800, I think the current auction will hit anywhere from $750 to $850.

If someone buys your stuff will they receive it before or after the show starts in the spring?

I'm going to put my 9.8 up tomorrow at (free shipping) and see it thst catches the trickle down play from the current auction.If the cheapest the book can be bought is $790 or $800, I think the current auction will hit anywhere from $750 to $850.

Yep...

Edited by Santos208

Ugh - I must have sold 4 Alias 1 NM/NM+ copies this last year for $50-$55. I bought them cheap before they exploded so I was happy but a could a would a for sure. I've got my last copy in for grading and saw a guy setting his price at $100 at a small local con yesterday.

I just paid $65 for a raw Alias #1 that was listed as a 9.4. I did my happy dance when I got the issue and it looks like an easy 9.6 maybe better. Has one minor spine crease otherwise, I am hard pressed to find anything wrong with it.

I think the issue with Alias 1 is the black cover combined with black back cover gives you color breaks right from the printer down the spine created when the presses folded the issue. I wonder how much the graders count that against the issue. CGC claims they take known printing defects into account when grading.

Edited by drotto

Back to Preacher 1 CGC 9.8 hitting $635 with 4 days left....

The book is being auctioned by Junkdrawer, who is a longtime boardie and a legit dealer.

That said, the bidding is legit and not shilled....

This is a clear cut indictation of just how strong of a book Preacher is.

The last 2 sales of a Preacher 1, in about a week, were $720 and then $745.

The cheapest BIN of a CGC 9.8 on ebay is 800 (free shipping)

If someone buys your stuff will they receive it before or after the show starts in the spring?

Fair question. It has however been made clear a few times of the books that he will have for sale, no confusion about that.

So with Alias #1 and Preacher #1 going to the roofs. Why was Strain or Izombie became as hot as these 2 books that I mentioned? Was it just hyped and when the show starts we will see a lot of people regretting how much they paid for Alias?

So with Alias #1 and Preacher #1 going to the roofs. Why was Strain or Izombie became as hot as these 2 books that I mentioned? Was it just hyped and when the show starts we will see a lot of people regretting how much they paid for Alias?

iZombie had a bump when the announcement was made and then died when the trailer appeared. Alias had a bump when the announcement was made and it went from a dollar bin book to a 20-35 book, and now when the trailer arrived it appeared to live up to the expectations and went up further

Strain is a whole different beast, but with its tiny print run of 15k+ its hard to imagine it not getting a bump even with the slightest of hype

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

I've submitted about 8 copies and only once hit a 9.8

I've submitted copies that I felt had nothing wrong with them

I don't understand why you are saying this. Greater than 50% of the nearly 500 copies on the census so far are 9.8.

It is most certainly not a "tough" book in a 9.8, or otherwise.

-J.

Alias:

Marvel

Superhero

Own series

Great story

Can and will be on other shows

Coming off sucsess of daredevil

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

MCS approves this message

Crossing fingers for all those holders of 9.8's that it'll be a decent show, AOS sure didn't see much price bumps and its been on several seasons. hm

Bitter? lol

Nope I'm a realist. :) Factor in its netflix sure it'll have fans but I'm still not convinced these paid services trump basic cable tv shows right now in ratings. Maybe I'm too old and can't think outside the box enough. I liked Daredevil and binge watched them but it kinda kills the hype when the whole season is there on debut day IMO.

Alias 1 is a tough 9.8

MCS approves this message

Crossing fingers for all those holders of 9.8's that it'll be a decent show, AOS sure didn't see much price bumps and its been on several seasons. hm

Bitter? lol

Nope I'm a realist. :) Factor in its netflix sure it'll have fans but I'm still not convinced these paid services trump basic cable tv shows right now in ratings. Maybe I'm too old and can't think outside the box enough. I liked Daredevil and binge watched them but it kinda kills the hype when the whole season is there on debut day IMO.

These "paid services" 100% trump basic tv. What show still has raving reviews and is superior in quality ? Yup Daredevil...the show lots of people binged watched on its debut and are continuing to. A.O.S. hasn't seen much of a price bump in the comics because the show is mediocre and low on the quality barometer. What drives prices on comics is buzz and quality.