• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

So some books that have surprised me lately good or bad.

Batgirl Adventures 1 - This book has sky rocketed in the last year passing $50 in raw and still looks to be going. Ive sold 3 copies in the last couple of months all on the 1st day of listings.

Catwoman Harley Appearances - These books for some reason have never really taken off like other Harley appearances have. At one point Harley is in 5 issues out of 10 in the 80s a couple in disquise.

Zatanna's small run a few years back all issues seem to be gaining some steam, but those last issue by Hughes are really starting to do well.

Tomb Raider late issues depending on cover are seeing increases. That bikini cover after all these years still sells very well.

Scooby Doo 12 has stalled out which is odd for such a low print run book. I look for this book to over the years as OCD fans look for it to appreciate more.

I kept a few just in case.

I see future potential for that series.

Not now,but maybe a few years from now.

Give her another movie and maybe skys the limit?

hm

I think there's a TON of potential for the AH covers. I am an active AH collector and I rarely run across these in the wild. If I can get them for a couple of bucks, I always pick them up when I see them.

Yeah, I meant the B & W.

The photo seems to go for the least amount for now.

bit weird since it's a con variant....once the show is out and people get used to the lead character it should go up.

Yeah, I meant the B & W.

The photo seems to go for the least amount for now.

bit weird since it's a con variant....once the show is out and people get used to the lead character it should go up.

What were they going for when that variant first came out? I can't remember what I got it for.

On other fronts, it appears that Captain Marvel #17 2nd print sells for ridiculous sums of money, while great, classic comic works like Alan Moore's Swamp Thing go begging.

:(

Moore's run on Swamp Thing is still one of my favorite reads

Batgirl Adventures 1 - This book has sky rocketed in the last year passing $50 in raw and still looks to be going. Ive sold 3 copies in the last couple of months all on the 1st day of listings.

Catwoman Harley Appearances - These books for some reason have never really taken off like other Harley appearances have. At one point Harley is in 5 issues out of 10 in the 80s a couple in disquise.

Zatanna's small run a few years back all issues seem to be gaining some steam, but those last issue by Hughes are really starting to do well.

Tomb Raider late issues depending on cover are seeing increases. That bikini cover after all these years still sells very well.

Scooby Doo 12 has stalled out which is odd for such a low print run book. I look for this book to over the years as OCD fans look for it to appreciate more.

hm

After two failed movies and very little interest in the last two comic series, I don't really see Tomb Raider, the character ever being the cash cow that it was for about two years for Top Cow when they launched it. It's pretty much DOA, as a 'hot' property.

Spelled out more clearly, what I gather from Fastballspecials post was, "Outside of an Adam Hughes cover or a funky variant, the normal issues of this series aren't worth a couple of dollars to all of the people NOT looking for them. BUT, with another movie coming up, you might be able to pull them out of the $1 boxes and sell them for $3 within a very small window."

So you buy a 100 copies for $100,than sell for $300 at a later date.

Sounds like potential profit to me.

(thumbs u

On other fronts, it appears that Captain Marvel #17 2nd print sells for ridiculous sums of money, while great, classic comic works like Alan Moore's Swamp Thing go begging.

Just got these.

Gonna see what all the fuss is about.

1456894498_zpssjianhjz.jpg

hm

After two failed movies and very little interest in the last two comic series, I don't really see Tomb Raider, the character ever being the cash cow that it was for about two years for Top Cow when they launched it. It's pretty much DOA, as a 'hot' property.

Spelled out more clearly, what I gather from Fastballspecials post was, "Outside of an Adam Hughes cover or a funky variant, the normal issues of this series aren't worth a couple of dollars to all of the people NOT looking for them. BUT, with another movie coming up, you might be able to pull them out of the $1 boxes and sell them for $3 within a very small window."

(thumbs u

And how much work do you have to do to see that profit?

hm

(thumbs u

The plan would be

we can do it in small increments.

Pick up about 30 a month. 30 times 10 months = 300 copies.

Also I am pretty sure we could find them easily online at the usual places.

There doesn`t seem to be a rush to get them.

Yet.

:)

DC Variants being sold at WonderCon --

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/01/dc-comics-exclusive-wonder-woman-covers-for-batmansupermanwonder-woman-50-and-dark-knight-iii/

Or, if you can wait a few months and not impulse buy, you can get those same issues for the same price through -- http://graphittidesigns.com/

Just check under DC COLLECTIBLES --> CON EXCLUSIVES

Just got these.

The fuss is well-deserved! Enjoy!

Just got these.

The fuss is well-deserved! Enjoy!

Great stuff.

Mentioned in the pre-heating thread.....I think the print run on this one is pretty low...not many for sale at the moment. May be going high since Midtown had a few for $21.00 a pop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Force-3-1-25-Marvel-2016-variant-Brooks-cvr-/262315861584?hash=item3d133e6650:g:C3YAAOSwoBtW1o-D

Edited by krighton

Mentioned in the pre-heating thread.....I think the print run on this one is pretty low...not many for sale at the moment. May be going high since Midtown had a few for $21.00 a pop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Force-3-1-25-Marvel-2016-variant-Brooks-cvr-/262315861584?hash=item3d133e6650:g:C3YAAOSwoBtW1o-D

Not my cup of tea but did check my lcs's while picking up my books today because of your heads up......didnt see a single 1.

I had no problem grabbing A-Force #3 in both Variants (1:20 Cho and 1:25). They were luckily still on the shelf at open today, although they were supposed to be in my pull box but that slipped through the cracks. (ignored)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-X-Men-115-1st-Negasonic-Teenage-Warhead-/121899135918?hash=item1c61c133ae%3Ag%3AlWUAAOSwFNZWxqFO&nma=true&si=r7XtBBwTcf%252BEXa3%252B7WPwul1lSMc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

thought this would be doing a bit better. some BINS in stores are going for more. i guess they haven't revamped the character in the comics to be like the movie.

What are thoughts on Rat Queens? I have the staples variant #1 and the regular. Seems like the variant is not doing as well as 6-9 months ago, but still doing alright (considering I got it for cover i can't complain), and the regular #1 bounces around between $5 and $15. I'd be really disappointed with $5.

Needs a little more aging? That's what I thought 6-9 months ago...

hm

(thumbs u

Unless you can bulk them out here for $3 a pop this sounds like a recipe for depression.

Then again, someone here insists you can sell all this stuff on amazon and make a ton of money off shipping, so maybe it is a good business plan.