• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Are you for real? Have you never heard of comichron before?

AITA already answered, but please point out on ComiChron where you see "copies sold via Diamond" = "print run."

You've not heard of re-solicitations, then...? (Not saying that's the case, but it's certainly not without precedent.)

And you've not also seen that there are listings for "Wolverine #66" for which no printing is indicated (like, say, Sept of 2008)...?

Are you aware that there's a 3 month gap between #68 and #69?

I'll hang up and take my answers on the air.

If you are responding to Chuck and RMA, they are not referring to ComiChron.

I get that they are referring to a website, but that is where those numbers came from. Doesn't look like they were pulled from thin air.

Really?

You sure about that?

hm

:gossip: I think there are several boardies who believe the marketing ratios that Marvel touts when they are trying to get buyers to up their orders on books to qualify. I think that is where the discrepancy is coming from.

And I don't think we will ever get everyone to agree that those numbers are meaningful or not.

Sorry, wrong topic. I thought we were arguing variant numbers again. Instead, we are talking reprint numbers, which is a whole different issue. Comichron only reports top 300 sales and it's doubtful the total number of reprints has been captured on the investing site if they are using those numbers.

Edited by rjrjr

I get that they are referring to a website, but that is where those numbers came from. Doesn't look like they were pulled from thin air.

Really?

You sure about that?

hm

Are you? Man, you board posters here are a grumpy bunch. Can't you just be happy comic enthusiasts? I like to read good conversation, but hatred is not much fun...

Where is THIS number (January 2009):

wolverine%2070.png

...represented here?:

wolverine%2070%20cbi.png

See, contrary to the overwrought complaints of some, it's not the numbers themselves that are the problem...it's the contradictory, incomplete information that is the problem. If those are the numbers, great...those are the numbers.

But....Diamond's numbers ARE NOT, and never HAVE BEEN print numbers, despite the legions of people running around saying they are, and where there's missing/incomplete/contradictory information, MUCH more research is necessary before people should be saying "OMG! This is the RAREST THING since sliced butter!!"

No?

Notice what John Jackson Miller very prominently puts at the top of ALL of these listings:

comichron%2012-08.png

See that? "ESTIMATED"..."SOLD TO" (not PRINTED)..."NORTH AMERICAN COMIC BOOK SHOPS."

Was Marvel printing their books for the UK market at that time? If so, what are those numbers?

PS. Notice the discrepancy between "Comic Book Investor" and ComiChron on issue #70 1st print...?

Doesn't accuracy matter...?

Really?

You sure about that?

hm

Are you?

No, that's why I asked.

It looks, indeed, like many of those numbers were pulled from thin air.

By all means, show me where those numbers actually come from, since that's the claim you're making.

Man, you board posters here are a grumpy bunch. Can't you just be happy comic enthusiasts? I like to read good conversation, but hatred is not much fun...

Hatred? You're thinking with your feelings. There's no hatred here.

Unless, of course, you're a person who was raised to think that any challenge of any idea is tantamount to "hatred", and there needs to be "safe space" where no one is ever challenged about anything.

That's a frightening world.

Do you know what makes me a happy comic book enthusiast? Everybody having accurate informtion with which to make informed, intelligent decisions. I know, crazy, right...?

:ohnoez:

WTTB :banana:

No doubt.

"Are you for real?"

Always best to make sure your first post is guns blazing...

Hell, my entire first THREAD was like that.

:banana:

Really?

You sure about that?

hm

Are you? Man, you board posters here are a grumpy bunch. Can't you just be happy comic enthusiasts? I like to read good conversation, but hatred is not much fun...

I'm happy. :) I believe everything everybody here says without question, no matter how stupid, illogical and/or baseless obviously true it may be.

Really?

You sure about that?

hm

I'm happy. :) I believe everything everybody here says without question, no matter how stupid, illogical and/or baseless obviously true it may be.

(thumbs ulol

Ignorance is bliss! :cloud9:

Edited by rjrjr

Really?

You sure about that?

hm

Are you?

No, that's why I asked.

It looks, indeed, like many of those numbers were pulled from thin air.

By all means, show me where those numbers actually come from, since that's the claim you're making.

Man, you board posters here are a grumpy bunch. Can't you just be happy comic enthusiasts? I like to read good conversation, but hatred is not much fun...

Hatred? You're thinking with your feelings. There's no hatred here.

Unless, of course, you're a person who was raised to think that any challenge of any idea is tantamount to "hatred", and there needs to be "safe space" where no one is ever challenged about anything.

That's a frightening world.

Do you know what makes me a happy comic book enthusiast? Everybody having accurate informtion with which to make informed, intelligent decisions. I know, crazy, right...?

:ohnoez:

I think you misunderstand. Why post all your questions here? If you have a problem with what the author of the article said, why not address it with them? Why come to a forum that they will probably never read and start bashing them? It's like you are trolling but only like to do it with people you already know.

So some books that have surprised me lately good or bad.

Batgirl Adventures 1 - This book has sky rocketed in the last year passing $50 in raw and still looks to be going. Ive sold 3 copies in the last couple of months all on the 1st day of listings.

Catwoman Harley Appearances - These books for some reason have never really taken off like other Harley appearances have. At one point Harley is in 5 issues out of 10 in the 80s a couple in disquise.

Zatanna's small run a few years back all issues seem to be gaining some steam, but those last issue by Hughes are really starting to do well.

Tomb Raider late issues depending on cover are seeing increases. That bikini cover after all these years still sells very well.

Scooby Doo 12 has stalled out which is odd for such a low print run book. I look for this book to over the years as OCD fans look for it to appreciate more.

I kept a few just in case.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I think you misunderstand. Why post all your questions here? If you have a problem with what the author of the article said, why not address it with them? Why come to a forum that they will probably never read and start bashing them? It's like you are trolling but only like to do it with people you already know.

The operators of that site and the site's writers read and post in this forum daily. Since people post that article on these boards when old man logan prints runs are being discussed it also makes sense to address why those numbers are invalid on these boards as well.

People generally don't like being misled. Especially when money is involved. If your website is titled comicbookinvest then the numbers you present to argue an item's rarity should probably be accurate and hold water. Its a big problem if they don't. Its an even bigger problem if that misinformation spreads elsewhere as it has here.

Batgirl Adventures 1 - This book has sky rocketed in the last year passing $50 in raw and still looks to be going. Ive sold 3 copies in the last couple of months all on the 1st day of listings.

Catwoman Harley Appearances - These books for some reason have never really taken off like other Harley appearances have. At one point Harley is in 5 issues out of 10 in the 80s a couple in disquise.

Zatanna's small run a few years back all issues seem to be gaining some steam, but those last issue by Hughes are really starting to do well.

Tomb Raider late issues depending on cover are seeing increases. That bikini cover after all these years still sells very well.

Scooby Doo 12 has stalled out which is odd for such a low print run book. I look for this book to over the years as OCD fans look for it to appreciate more.

I have been looking out for the AH covers for a while so I know that those books are nice finds. Thanks again!

(thumbs u

More posts like this please!