• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,860 posts in this topic

One more time: how about you worry about what you post, and let others worry about what they post, and if you think there's a problem, take it to the mods and leave it with them.

It's no one else's business to be telling anyone how, where, why, and what they may post.

I post because I find a topic interesting. Period.

A lot of people don't get this simple concept

This is actually the exact purpose of a Moderator on a forum. They are supposed to keep the subject on topic and keep other members from being victims of derogatory personal comments. I am a member of another forum that has nothing to do with comics and it is a very welcome atmosphere and when you open a topic thread, guess what, people actually talk about the topic!. If conversation veers off topic there are warnings put in place.

If you want to read internet trolling for enjoyment, I have no problem with that. I would even participate if a dedicated thread was created just for that.

I suspect that your other forum, if examined objectively, would be found to either A. not quite be as "on-topic" as you claim, or B. a wasteland wherein hardly anyone posts, because of overmoderation.

People talk. They like to talk. Organic conversations flow, from one issue to the next. Only the hyperobsessive demand that people remain "on-topic" during the course of casual human interaction. At work, yes....but among friends and casual acquaintances? No, of course not. That would be weird, and such a person would be excluded at some point.

This isn't a "moderated forum", in the sense that there are specific issues being addressed in a timely manner. This is a free-flowing forum that allows for the casual exchange of ideas and interaction between people.

You, yourself, have been posting off-topic for quite some time in this very thread, complaining about being "off-topic."

If anyone has made any derogatory personal comments about you, would you please point them out? I can point out some rather presumptuous comments made by you, if you'd like.

The answer, as ever, remains: you should post what you want to post about, and leave others to post about what they want to post about. If people find it boring/uninteresting/off-topic, they can choose to ignore it and move on.

I suspect that your other forum, if examined objectively, would be found to either A. not quite be as "on-topic" as you claim, or B. a wasteland wherein hardly anyone posts, because of overmoderation.

People talk. They like to talk. Organic conversations flow, from one issue to the next. Only the hyperobsessive demand that people remain "on-topic" during the course of casual human interaction. At work, yes....but among friends and casual acquaintances? No, of course not. That would be weird, and such a person would be excluded at some point.

This isn't a "moderated forum", in the sense that there are specific issues being addressed in a timely manner. This is a free-flowing forum that allows for the casual exchange of ideas and interaction between people.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's a very healthy forum. Of course people have their opinions, but no mud is thrown.

You, yourself, have been posting off-topic for quite some time in this very thread, complaining about being "off-topic."

Yes, and if nobody would speaks up it will continue.

If anyone has made any derogatory personal comments about you, would you please point them out? I can point out some rather presumptuous comments made by you, if you'd like.

Look at pretty much every time Larry posts.

The answer, as ever, remains: you should post what you want to post about, and leave others to post about what they want to post about. If people find it boring/uninteresting/off-topic, they can choose to ignore it and move on.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's a very healthy forum. Of course people have their opinions, but no mud is thrown.

Look at pretty much every time Larry posts.

Must be an English major..

or Rocket Scientist...

Or something....

What, you mean like telling another member you "thought they had their own thread to play in"? That kind of mud?

I suspect my estimation is accurate, nonetheless. Regardless, that forum is not this forum, and this forum operates a certain way. If you can't respect the way this forum operates, perhaps sticking to your other forum would be more to your liking. After all...you've been here, what, two years? And you're trying to dictate how people should post...?

So, you have to be part of the "problem" to fight the "problem"...?

Seems logical....

Green lantern 20 (new52) has seen alot of activity in the last 3 days not on fire by any means but seems to be dissappering faster then showing up at the moment.

Edited by rush_6

haha it only took 20 years

20+ years and 1 movie.......

Something Tim Burton couldn't even do.

I remember selling a boatload of this book for $20 a piece the week of release!!

Geez I'm old.... :preach:

haha it only took 20 years

20+ years and 1 movie.......

Something Tim Burton couldn't even do.

I remember selling a boatload of this book for $20 a piece the week of release!!

Geez I'm old.... :preach:

Na. I remember when the book came out !

Buyer beware on green lantern 20.

Supposed to be a 1st appearance or so i am told...care to enlighten a non lantern fan on what going on with this one?

It is the first appearance of Jessica Cruz, technically. Shown below is her hand. That is the entirety of her appearance in GL 20.

gl20.jpg

Her next appearance is in Justice League #30. This is the entirety of that appearance, save for some dialogue on a previous page in which she isn't shown:

jl30.jpg

This is her next appearance in Justice League #31, including her first cover appearance, her origin, her transformation and her reveal:

jl31a.jpg

jl31b.jpg

jl31c.jpg

jl31d.jpg

So before people start blindly chasing GL 20, use the info above to make your own decision.