• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

The Gwenom cover illustrates the depth of knowledge of most modern buyers.

Robbie mentioned in an interview last year that Gwenom was coming, savvy modern speculators bought in then....

Watch Saturday.

DC will announce formally that Rebirth spins out of Darkseid War, even though the info is out there informally.

Jusstice League #40-48 will go nuclear then.

Not today.

Saturday.

It's fun to heard the sheep.

Well, you have this all figured out then....except people don't speculate on comics because of story anymore, it's all about covers and 1st appearances.

Isnt JL 40 the first Grail?

Yes, but that was not the point he was making. When I tried to coax that 1st appearance out of him, hell fell flat on his face.

You're joking, right?

Gotta be...

I was simply pointing out to the board, that in my opinion Darkseid War is going to follow a similar pattern as Guillory's Gwenom cover.

You had to show off your big brain with a condescending remark that I was off base.

I Instantly posted one cover & derailed your argument:

Well, you have this all figured out then....except people don't speculate on comics because of story anymore, it's all about covers and 1st appearances.

Now everybody please laugh at the Crybaby.

Anyway.

Let's see how it shakes out....

Bait. Taunt. Troll.

Let me map this out for you. You said you knew about Gwenom last year and refernced an interview but no link. Then you laid out the Darkseid story arc.

. It's about cover art and first appearances. I then gave you a chance to post the 1st appearance that is featured in the story arc to which you posted a cover of a single issue and then listed the 40-48 story arc again of the JuSStice League as going "nuclear".

You could have just said, hey this one issue right here.

Hooooo boy,

All this Ball busting on "Batman vs Superman Day"

Let me map this out for YOU.

I posted in this thread because Gwenom was one of THE hottest books on the market yesterday. Wasn't just me that knew Gwenom was coming, it was anybody that follows Robbie via Twitter or Facebook. It's old news.

Somehow paired with his retirement it blew up now. A $5 book became a "thing"

Here's an IGN link from ages ago...

http://bamsmackpow.com/2015/06/23/spider-gwen-returns-after-secret-wars-with-latour-rodriguez/

I simply replied that people don't buy story arc's anymore

Really?

I think you need to use your words like a big boy.

Pretty sure you mean that people don't speculate on story arc's anymore.

Because, I can assure you. Fans buy story arc's that have positive buzz by the truckload. Darkseid War is DC's #2 storyline right now. Fans adore it.

I know this, because I'm behind the counter, in the trenches looking the fans in the eye every day since 1988. Thanks for educating me what people might be interested in. I don't need to get my shtick from a message board or google group, I am modern spec source material personified.

Anybody that follows Geoff Johns via Twitter or Facebook knows that Darkseid War is leading directly into DC Rebirth, It's old news yet DC is having a press junket at Wondercon Saturday to formally announce just that.My opinion, everyone interested in Rebirth will want this.

They just don't know until Saturday.

Silly me, I thought the pattern of events looked similar to Gwenom & thought it would make an interesting post.

The story arc is already getting tough to find.

I set up at Big Apple con & it was an incredible seller.

Depending on HOW it creates Rebirth could generate a number of Key's

Right now I lke em all...

Let's see how it plays out.

You guys are some of the biggest lunatics in the industry.

Hey Larry, what do you mean by tough to find? I live in NY and am fairly behind on my reading but just checked my standard go to sites and emailed a local dealer. I can get issues as far back at 35 (standard cover, but even most variants seem available) by Saturday.

I don't doubt that it's a great seller. I'm sure of it. I've personally enjoyed the book and I know the big shops by me sells tons. Guess I'm just questioning whether any of these books (variants not included) will be "hot". By the way, honest questions. Not being a p****.

Nevertheless, quite accurate.

:popcorn:

I thought you had your own thread to play in now?

I'm sorry, you are who, exactly.....?

:shrug:

Someone who actually posts Moderns that are heating up on ebay in the Moderns that are heating up on ebay thread.

Novel idea, wouldn't you say?

"What I post rules, what you post sucks."

How about you worry about what you post, and let others worry about what they post, and if you think there's a problem, take it to the mods and leave it with them.

Problem solved.

Huh? Some people actually like to enter into a thread and read about the said subject.

Pretty telling of why you post in threads.

One more time: how about you worry about what you post, and let others worry about what they post, and if you think there's a problem, take it to the mods and leave it with them.

It's no one else's business to be telling anyone how, where, why, and what they may post.

I post because I find a topic interesting. Period.

Someone who actually posts Moderns that are heating up on ebay in the Moderns that are heating up on ebay thread.

How about you worry about what you post, and let others worry about what they post, and if you think there's a problem, take it to the mods and leave it with them.

Problem solved.

Huh? Some people actually like to enter into a thread and read about the said subject.

One more time: how about you worry about what you post, and let others worry about what they post, and if you think there's a problem, take it to the mods and leave it with them.

It's no one else's business to be telling anyone how, where, why, and what they may post.

A lot of people don't get this simple concept

Problem solved.

Quiet you!

:shy:

lol

Problem solved.

Quiet you!

:shy:

lol

:P

lol

So I bought a Guardians of Knowhere 1 CGC 9.8 Gwen cover Monday night at around 7 pm central from a comic seller website--got a confirmation number, email, credit card charged, etc. Tuesday morning the same item (identical photo and slab) gets listed on eBay. So I send a query through the website and also message the seller since I should technically be the owner of the book now as my card was charged. He ignores me all day yesterday, then this morning sends an ebay message that there 'must have been some sort of error' and the book was pulled from the site to be put at auction. Allegedly he is reversing the cc payment. To me, this is pretty shady. Debating what to do..

Notify Ebay and leave negative feedback.

Yeah I was thinking of reporting the item. Since I bought it off his website though I don't think I'll have any way of leaving ebay feedback.

What website was it?

So as an update - I sent a message advising the seller that this was wrong, that I had already purchased and paid for the book the night before the listing, and that therefore the item was mine and should not be listed on eBay the next day. I got no response...reported the item to eBay but not sure what happens now. As I've been asked by several people, it was Hero Bin collectibles (mountainmancomics on eBay). Just straight pu wrong. Also--it appears he even lied about crediting my credit card as the transaction is now posted with no pending refund.

This is actually the exact purpose of a Moderator on a forum. They are supposed to keep the subject on topic and keep other members from being victims of derogatory personal comments. I am a member of another forum that has nothing to do with comics and it is a very welcome atmosphere and when you open a topic thread, guess what, people actually talk about the topic!. If conversation veers off topic there are warnings put in place.

If you want to read internet trolling for enjoyment, I have no problem with that. I would even participate if a dedicated thread was created just for that.

This is actually the exact purpose of a Moderator on a forum. They are supposed to keep the subject on topic and keep other members from being victims of derogatory personal comments. I am a member of another forum that has nothing to do with comics and it is a very welcome atmosphere and when you open a topic thread, guess what, people actually talk about the topic!. If conversation veers off topic there are warnings put in place.

If you want to read internet trolling for enjoyment, I have no problem with that. I would even participate if a dedicated thread was created just for that.

Never feed the trolls!

tumblr_llayb7xcYR1qg39ewo1_500.gif

haha it only took 20 years

20+ years and 1 movie.......

Something Tim Burton couldn't even do.

How high do you think this will go up? 1st app of Doomsday didn't really go that high.

haha it only took 20 years

20+ years and 1 movie.......

Something Tim Burton couldn't even do.

How high do you think this will go up? 1st app of Doomsday didn't really go that high.

Seeing how he really isn't dead, probably not too high.