• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Harley quinn 26 variant still hot, cant keep up with demand!

GL 20 regular and variant still selling.

Now on to simon baz...i saw a few GL 0s sell, and a few fcbd 2012 new 52 sell as well, interesting to see which of these 2 books gets picked by collectors as 1st app.

FCBD 2012 has an unnamed cameo in a 4 page advertisement tease by Jim Lee:

FF102DB5-B90A-4F83-946E-17F1787FDBB0_zpsyloabd2d.jpg

Which has its own history originally being Hal in the sketch pre-production, then the scene ended up being re-drawn by Reis and used in JL 23 :gossip:

Pre-production fcbd OA

F0952D55-596E-4B69-B261-856C1810A440_zpsim97mtwk.jpg

JL 23 spread by Reis

D6339D7B-F045-40A1-AAEA-79D84F2DAE53_zpscwererww.jpg.

IMO GL#0 seems like a no-brainier, but this hobby does stranger things. Cover, full app and origin. I suggest these two, combo seems to be the low print, but I really like the wraparound B&W variant best.

2FD91A36-E2F9-4C75-9BB5-FF4978808A2A_zps2t6wkwxi.jpg

03161245-5946-4E7A-876A-8478A207A61B_zpsvp9kukb1.jpg

Cheers!

Thank you! I was wondering how much exposure baz had in the FCFD 2012 issue.

I agree on issue 0, first cover app, origin, and possible a first full app. Def. going to watch this one to see which one gets chosen.

Great info! I was actually thinking about Baz the other and wondering why he hasn't had more exposure. I was also contemplating getting rid of my #0's out of disappointment, lol. But I guess my new rule is "don't throw anything out, it might be a sleeper"

P.S. I haven't posted in so long, how's everyone doing?

Surly_Duff.png

:hi:

:foryou:

I like Alex Ross, but with a $80-$100 price tag........pass
Yeah hard to say if they'll stay there or not...1:100 will prob keep them scarce as I'm not sure how many stores will order that many. Now if Alex would just do a local show...

Yasss

The new J Scott Campbell Lady Death variant will be popular later this month but its a new version of his cover from 2002 - perhaps the original will heat up ?

Lady Death Gauntlet 1 (2002) $2.99 Chaos 18,201

I don't know. People like Campbell covers, but generally they're for more popular books/characters. Are people going to care about a cover for a character that hasn't been popular is 20 years?

The new J Scott Campbell Lady Death variant will be popular later this month but its a new version of his cover from 2002 - perhaps the original will heat up ?

I don't know. People like Campbell covers, but generally they're for more popular books/characters. Are people going to care about a cover for a character that hasn't been popular is 20 years?

nope photo nope.gif

nope photo nope.gif

lol

nope photo nope.gif

lol

I think guys only like Campbell covers if it stirs their nether regions a little. There are a ton of worthless ones out there.

This one doesn't come up too often:

Grayson #1 1:100 variant

Tough Decision...This is my son holding his Grayson #1 1:100 Variant 9.8. My son's name is Grayson...What to do doh!

Grayson_zpsiu5wvcfa.jpg

R_H

Keep the book for your boy! :sumo:

Sell one or two of those bad boys in your sig line before you sell that Grayson! (tsk)

This one doesn't come up too often:

Grayson #1 1:100 variant

Tough Decision...This is my son holding his Grayson #1 1:100 Variant 9.8. My son's name is Grayson...What to do doh!

Grayson_zpsiu5wvcfa.jpg

R_H

Sell it via BIN, cash in for as much as you can.

I think your son would appreciate the money being put into a mutual fund, let it grow interest....when he's of college age....much more than he'd appreciate a slabbed comic book....that will probably be worth what it cost to have it graded, 18 years from now.

Buy the regular cover, cherrypick a 9.8 for $5 (or less), and have that book slabbed for your son.

Yeah hard to say if they'll stay there or not...1:100 will prob keep them scarce as I'm not sure how many stores will order that many. Now if Alex would just do a local show...

It depends on how many Marvel printed, and how, after the initial ratio distribution, they intend to distribute what, if any, remains.

It depends. It's one of many cover swipes/homages to Cap 1. Though it is a very well done one. How well do those usually hold up?

Issue #6 of this title had orders of barely ~27,000, so if #7 is anywhere near that, then yes this variant would definitely have a tiny print run.

I think I just talked myself into wanting one. lol

-J.

That's the way to do it. Say something will be hot, have it ready to sell, and sell it. Batman #408 and Deadworld #1 are going to be hot. I'll make sure and mention those as many times as possible over the next year.

It helps if you are selling the new variant too I guess.

Campbell Variant