• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I have never intentionally bought a Variant cover in my life. I've gotten some by accident via lots and just ignorance and such.

I just dropped 80 bones for the Harley Quinn 26 variant. And I don't know why. The cover is addictive and the prices have been increasing by the hour. And of course I love HQ.

But the damn thing is only 2 weeks old.

I think my plan is to get Palmer and Palmiotti to sign it in Kansa City when they come here in May. I think. Not sure.

But to the point....this a modern that is heating up on Ebay.

People are speccing that book hard because of Red Tool. Seeing how Harley is the highest printed DC book, there is no short supply of those 1:25's.

Prices SHOULD fall soon.

Harley is the highest printed DC? Uh, no...

I have never intentionally bought a Variant cover in my life. I've gotten some by accident via lots and just ignorance and such.

I just dropped 80 bones for the Harley Quinn 26 variant. And I don't know why. The cover is addictive and the prices have been increasing by the hour. And of course I love HQ.

I think my plan is to get Palmer and Palmiotti to sign it in Kansa City when they come here in May. I think. Not sure.

People are speccing that book hard because of Red Tool. Seeing how Harley is the highest printed DC book, there is no short supply of those 1:25's.

Prices SHOULD fall soon.

My apologies, "Averages 5th Highest Sales".

Prices SHOULD fall soon.

And what does the distribution ratio have to do with the print run?

I had another American Alien set sold overnight, issues 1 and 2 for BIN $20 with additional $5 s/h.

I may have to pick a few more up today for quick flip as I drive right by two stores on Sunday soccer travels.

Oh, here it is:

:troll:

Wait!

I finally just figured out the answer to that question ! :acclaim:

The answer is: The "distribution ratio" (aka Retailer Incentive) has nothing to do with the print run.

But the print run has everything to do with the "distribution ratio" (aka Retailer Incentive).

Why? Because publishers do not routinely print books in mass quantities that no one ordered (see, e.g. the entire point of having a "F"inal "O"rder "C"ut-off). (thumbs u

-J.

Oh, here it is:

So, you don't know, and your answer is to label people who question you as trolls...?

Interesting...

hm

And are you not aware that that statement had to do with the post ABOVE yours, not yours...? That I was, essentially, agreeing with your statement about Harley Quinn's numbers...?

You folks really ought to learn how to have discussions without taking things so personally. It makes the board a lousy place to be.

Oh, here it is:

So, you don't know, and your answer is to label people who question you as trolls...?

Interesting...

hm

yup...

Oh, here it is:

Interesting...

hm

yup...

My post above was edited. Now, with more lecturing!

:D

Oh, here it is:

Google effin' Alerts. lol

Seriously....

No.

I get it the old fashioned way: I read the thread.

Only the unstable would set up a "Google Alert" (however that works) for such a thing.

:popcorn:

Oh, here it is:

Wait!

I finally just figured out the answer to that question ! :acclaim:

The answer is: The "distribution ratio" (aka Retailer Incentive) has nothing to do with the print run.

But the print run has everything to do with the "distribution ratio" (aka Retailer Incentive).

Why? Because publishers do not routinely print books in mass quantities that no one ordered (see, e.g. the entire point of having a "F"inal "O"rder "C"ut-off). (thumbs u

-J.

What is a "mass quantity"? If you won't define that, the statement has no meaning. It's vague on purpose, to be easily embellished or discarded further in the discussion.

Do you mean "publishers do not routinely print books for their own purposes, to use as they see fit, even retailer incentives"? The answer would be no. They do, in fact, do that. Publishers print what they want, for their own purposes. We know they print more than is necessary of retailer incentives, because they routinely sell them AFTER the initial distribution is complete. If they only printed to order...or, "to case"...they wouldn't be able to do that. Yet, many retailers here have reported buying HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS, of such books in the past. I, myself, own dozens of copies of New Avengers retailer incentives that I bought directly from Wizard.

How did Wizard get those books? Wizard wasn't a retailer! They didn't order tens of thousands of copies of the regular books to get hundreds and thousands of the retailer incentives. So how can that be?

Answer: publishers print what they want, and they don't reveal what they print to anybody.

The point of a Final Order Cutoff isn't to establish the required amount of retailer incentive numbers ONLY. It's to give the publisher an exact count of the entire issue that needs to be printed to fulfill orders.

Just take the argument/discussion somewhere else. People are tired of reading pages and pages of it in this thread. Its the same individuals. Just take the hint there is another thread for it.

I am trying not to be rude, but how many times does it need to be said.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I agree with FBS. I know I don't post often but seriously enough is enough.

Take it somewhere else and/or just agree to disagree.

Just take the argument/discussion somewhere else. People are tired of reading pages and pages of it in this thread. Its the same individuals. Just take the hint there is another thread for it.

(thumbs u

We all know that you are both knowledgeable. So just post your argument somewhere and go on with your life. Create your own thread and rant their all day. We need to focus on the real topic here. :mad:

(thumbs u

(thumbs u