• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

The Walking Dead #100 cover A busted $50 on 3 separate occasions yesterday. This book was in the $25 to $30 range in previous weeks/months. This was the 1st appearance of Negan anywhere to the best of my knowledge. It makes sense that this one gets the boost after last night's show....unless the SDCC cover was earlier...

For the price range, I think that's a good bump. My bets are still on the 2nd print, though it already had a higher buy-in the past month or so.

The Walking Dead #100 cover A busted $50 on 3 separate occasions yesterday. This book was in the $25 to $30 range in previous weeks/months. This was the 1st appearance of Negan anywhere to the best of my knowledge. It makes sense that this one gets the boost after last night's show....unless the SDCC cover was earlier...

For the price range, I think that's a good bump. My bets are still on the 2nd print, though it already had a higher buy-in the past month or so.

I agree. Seems to be 2 different camps when it comes to collecting. Guys like me who want the originals (1st print) only and a new generation of collector who want the shorter printing even if that version is 2nd or later printing. The first group seems to spend the majority of their big $ on older books while 2nd group seems to concentrate their dollars on modern books. I think it all works out very nicely together. Both books will see success due to different groups of people collecting. Based on the fact that this is a modern, the 2nd print will most likely win out in the end.

I agree. Seems to be 2 different camps when it comes to collecting. Guys like me who want the originals (1st print) only and a new generation of collector who want the shorter printing even if that version is 2nd or later printing. The first group seems to spend the majority of their big $ on older books while 2nd group seems to concentrate their dollars on modern books. I think it all works out very nicely together. Both books will see success due to different groups of people collecting. Based on the fact that this is a modern, the 2nd print will most likely win out in the end.

I'm usually a first print guy too. I think the main reason (besides the print run) that the 2nd print is going for more is because Negan is on the cover. Also, a ton of first print variants don't help, I don't think.

The 2nd print is the best cover IMO, full Negan, all black cover and about 300,000 less copies than the 1st printing. Plus, when he was announced for the show, the 2nd print cover was featured in every news article, so that's what new collectors or fans of the show are going for.

I have my 9.8, I'm good

I see buy it now for less than $10 on eBay

I know issue one is pretty plentiful issue two seems to do better . Even so I seem to be selling the issue ones

I posted a nice minty copy for 59.99+shipping last night. It sold within the hour. Definitely no longer a $20-30 book. At least for now.

SDCC came out on the same day. Wednesday night preview night.

Not sure why this has picked up all of a sudden. Found one for $1 this weekend and just checked current prices:

Vengeance of Moon Knight #9 (JSC cover)

I'm curious too, I found it in a dollar bin last year but bought it on a half-price day

It was mentioned in the Campbell thread, and that is all it takes around here for someone who lurks to see a book mentioned, pull it and list it. Instant Tax with free Hype.

One time Junk Donkey gave me 300 copies of Walking Dead 100.

I either gave them away or threw them in the garbage.

I am dumb.

Glad I hung onto those 10 copies of Walking Dead 108 I bought in 2013, just sold 2 9.8's for a $100 each

I am smart.

I am dumb.

Glad I hung onto those 10 copies of Walking Dead 108 I bought in 2013, just sold 2 9.8's for a $100 each

I am smart.

I sold four 9.8s of this book right when it came out for an average of $120 each. I just found two raw copies in my long box the other day. Glad I kept some around.

I am dumb.

Is that right?

Capture1.jpg

Seller had 3 more batches like this and I just bought one.

So please, a little respect, for I am Aweandlorder, lord of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons!