• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

A $15 to $20 book for a while is now starting to slowly rise in price the last 2 months.

Fleabay

I wonder why #100 is not going up in value? hm

100 has had some occasional moments of hotness (I sold a 100 cgc 9.8 for $125 yesterday)....non villains always seem to go up a bit quicker plus there's only 1 version of 108 and a multitude of 100s...

i'm sure they think Negan is another Governor and will be dead by the end of season 7 they have no idea that Negan is the Joker to Rick's Batman.

100s slow rise makes the Death of Glenn even more imperative so that it matches the comic exactly.

If Negan can't get blazing hot...that doesn't bode well for 132 and 138

Edited by krighton

A $15 to $20 book for a while is now starting to slowly rise in price the last 2 months.

Fleabay

Could be the million variant covers are confusing buyers and diluting the market for them.

Fleabay

100 hasn't gone up in value, since when?

Also, 108 is selling because of new "rumors". Those who actually read the comics have been aware for two years.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ezekiel-shiva-teased-walking-dead-203210328.html

All thanks to spec sites hyping it and *cough* a tv series in the works ? *cough*......

I think it's more the tweet from the head of Scout Comics where he said Henchgirl tv news soon being reported more so than it being simply "hyped" Kyle.

https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/04/02/henchgirl-tv-news-soon/

Agreed. I wasnt aware of any tweets but I came across the book in my LCS recently and saw the dreaded sign "$10 sold out hot indie title" lol so I started following it on the bay since.

Amazon prices are starting at 50.00 BTW

All thanks to spec sites hyping it and *cough* a tv series in the works ? *cough*......

I think it's more the tweet from the head of Scout Comics where he said Henchgirl tv news soon being reported more so than it being simply "hyped" Kyle.

https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/04/02/henchgirl-tv-news-soon/

But that is your site isn't it (shrug)

Fleabay

100 has had some occasional moments of hotness (I sold a 100 cgc 9.8 for $125 yesterday)....non villains always seem to go up a bit quicker plus there's only 1 version of 108 and a multitude of 100s...

i'm sure they think Negan is another Governor and will be dead by the end of season 7 they have no idea that Negan is the Joker to Rick's Batman.

100s slow rise makes the Death of Glenn even more imperative so that it matches the comic exactly.

If Negan can't get blazing hot...that doesn't bode well for 132 and 138

$135 is cheap, I saw 2 CGC 9.8's sell for $200 each, in the past day.The regular 1st print sells better than the chromium, 2nd print sells better than 1st print.

FWIW, I sold a CGC 9.8 WD 100 chrimium for about $90 a few months back so don't feel too bad ;)

Raw 1st print, NM+ at $40 shipped...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-100-1st-Negan-1st-print-Adlard-Variant-Cover-NM-/331823394781?hash=item4d42372fdd:g:IIcAAOSwWBJXA~U2

Fleabay

Could be the million variant covers are confusing buyers and diluting the market for them.

Well, it couldn't be because there are five times as many copies as a regular issue of TWD. Even if 20% were variants, you would still have to find three times as many other people as buy the book monthly just to absorb the supply.

I don't think many people are wasting their time buying the non negan cover variants....a lot less to absorb that way.

but a lot of people who don't care about first print can just grab any random variant instead of paying a premium for the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd prints.

I'm thinking a decent amount of show fans who occasionally go to an LCS just walk in and pull any random 100 variant for cover, or already had one from comic con or something.

Star Wars 1 Hot Topic looks like it is doing well again

The last 2 sold for $50 and one of those sales was back on March 18th. Prices look about the same going back to January. Seem to be several copies listed too. Where are you seeing this heating up?

I feel bad for those who bought copies for $100 raw and more. There is no way this comic will ever see that value again.

And for such a "rare" comic, there are still plenty of copies for sale, over a year later.

Star Wars 1 Hot Topic looks like it is doing well again

The last 2 sold for $50 and one of those sales was back on March 18th. Prices look about the same going back to January. Seem to be several copies listed too. Where are you seeing this heating up?

I feel bad for those who bought copies for $100 raw and more. There is no way this comic will ever see that value again.

And for such a "rare" comic, there are still plenty of copies for sale, over a year later.

I'm referencing from the last time I looked about a year ago. 9.6s selling for over $100 was unheard of. I saw there is even a sale for a 9.8 SS for $500. That's pretty good. $50 raw isn't that bad either. Has some staying power. Almost wish I held onto mine longer.

Marvel Now Moon Knight #1 1:75

Old news. That's been heating up for a while.......

Never criticize someone for contributing. (tsk)

I'm not. Just stating it's been discussed before. Thought everyone knew......

My bad. :whatev:

Preacher has been on an upswing again, last Preacher #1 in GPA at CGC 9.8, this past week sold at $985.

Here is a healthy auction for a #1 CGC 9.8 SS Fabry at $1350, with 2+ days left....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREACHER-1-CGC-9-8-SS-GARTH-ENNIS-STEVE-DILLON-AMC-Show-Coming-Soon-1ST-PRINT/131772083693?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D777000%26algo%3DABA.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35934%26meid%3D5b5ec851eb084a4eb0a61335efcdfe89%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D381595365543

That low print run could have something to do with it (shrug)

Interesting that there are no Comichron numbers for this book. Could it be they were THAT low???

That low print run could have something to do with it (shrug)

Interesting that there are no Comichron numbers for this book. Could it be they were THAT low???

I think the lowest numbers for that month was 2,500. So it sits below that. They didn't release the print run numbers for the book but I am hearing it is way below that.