• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

So let's recap, in preparation for my weekly trip to a shop that doesn't have many speculators buying the books, forgetting about WD, variant editions, etc., the following recent books may still be on the rack at some shop and seem to be going for $15 a pop or more:

Batman 4

Uncharted 1

Suicide Squad 6

Star Wars 0 something or other Jedi

Thief of Thieves (I doubt they are out on many a rack though)

Anything else?

Books that are going for a premium over cover that may justify going on ebay:

Supurbia

Saga 2

Peter Panzenhooten

Anything else?

As for Saga 1 and Hell Yeah 1, i see plenty of copies at barely over cover on Ebay, I'm not buying into these being $10 books.

So let's recap, in preparation for my weekly trip to a shop that doesn't have many speculators buying the books, forgetting about WD, variant editions, etc., the following recent books may still be on the rack at some shop and seem to be going for $15 a pop or more:

Batman 4

Uncharted 1

Suicide Squad 6

Star Wars 0 something or other Jedi

Thief of Thieves (I doubt they are out on many a rack though)

Anything else?

Books that are going for a premium over cover that may justify going on ebay:

Supurbia

Saga 2

Peter Panzenhooten

Anything else?

As for Saga 1 and Hell Yeah 1, i see plenty of copies at barely over cover on Ebay, I'm not buying into these being $10 books.

my LCS had tons of uncharted #1, and suicide squad #6. as well as M.P., and batman #4. another local lcs had ToT #1 for $10. still a decent price

"Peter Panzenhooten"

lol

I love "Grimm" because of all the German words. For the next 24 hours after watching an episode I am calling everything a "schnitzelbasken," "fruetenluesen," "vongenschloesen" and so on.

Not sure how they keep the show running for 4 or 5 years introducing a new wereanimalfreudenschlitsen every week, eventually they have to run out, but I guess they'll start repeating.

You can't get a Saga 1 Diamond cover for under $200 on ebay right now. It looks like this book is heating up as a result of its extremely low print run (500 issues).

Oh, geez...the hype never ends.

Less than 30 have sold so far...and there are probably a hundred more on their way to the 'bay next week as soon as the con ends and sellers return home to their computers. Don't worry, there will be PLENTY available for less than $100 as soon as sellers start undercutting each other for the quick sale.

And...if you're that sure that it's worth $200 and you want to put your money where your hype is, I'll sell you one right now. Just let me know. ;-)

You can't get a Saga 1 Diamond cover for under $200 on ebay right now. It looks like this book is heating up as a result of its extremely low print run (500 issues).

Oh, geez...the hype never ends.

Less than 30 have sold so far...and there are probably a hundred more on their way to the 'bay next week as soon as the con ends and sellers return home to their computers. Don't worry, there will be PLENTY available for less than $100 as soon as sellers start undercutting each other for the quick sale.

And...if you're that sure that it's worth $200 and you want to put your money where your hype is, I'll sell you one right now. Just let me know. ;-)

I'm a buyer when they are under $100 ... In fact, I may still be a buyer at a $100 depending on the condition & I've got one already.

Any one else shocked by the price tag on the Thief of Thieves comics. I don't know which number shocks me more the $300+ for the comicspro variant or the $30+ for the raw #1s. I knew there would be heat but I didn't imagine there would be this much heat. Apparently people are very confident that another Kirkman project at AMC will get made and suceed again. The comicspro variant went from $50 to $300 over night!

i think ToT is benefiting from Walking Dead Mania. Which is ok by me. Anyone who bought a few of these at the start was guessing (correctly) that lightning might strike twice with Kirkman.

Edited by krighton

I got real lucky with the Comicspro variant because I waited and waited and waited and finally started bidding on them and hit one before the news annoucement. I did better with the Image Expo thanks to Joel who kindly secured a 2x SS copy for me and I picked up a few raw copies but nothing significant. I didn't get in big on the regular cover either. I just grabbed 5 copies when it first came out. I liked the 2nd issue so much better and the 3rd issue best. I honestly wasn't into the book after reading the first issue. I'm shocked at the small print run on the comicspro variant. I didn't realize it was that small until you or someone else told me yesterday.

i think ToT is benefiting from Walking Dead Mania. Which is ok by me. Anyone who bought a few of these at the start was guessing (correctly) that lightning might strike twice with Kirkman.

does Kirkman have anything to do w/ this book beyond the story idea?

does Kirkman have anything to do w/ this book beyond the story idea?

his name is on it, that's all it really needs.

I certainly don't have any insider info, but the suggestion from him to the press and from the press has been that the book is written in a collaborative form similar to TV episodes and that he will have different writers help with the book.

At least 20 copies of TOT were at one shop the week after it came out as well as 20 copies of fatale 1...oh well, bought one TOT, didn't know what Fatale was....all gone now

my quest came up empty today. Oh well. Scored some great cheapo box books though.

At least 20 copies of TOT were at one shop the week after it came out as well as 20 copies of fatale 1...oh well, bought one TOT, didn't know what Fatale was....all gone now

my quest came up empty today. Oh well. Scored some great cheapo box books though.

a local lcs had copies for $10 when i bought mine. thinking about going back to get another ...if they're still there