• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,834 posts in this topic

The most copies I've ever had of one comic is 100 new mutants 98 back when they first came out

Bet you wished you still had them. :)

Yeah I do most of them were stolen from me though

Yikes!

That's awful...

happened a couple years after they came out, wife still reminds me of being a fool and trusting the guy who I 'had' a good relationship with in regards to selling comics. The days before cell phones and internet in every home were dark times indeed.

What were they selling for two years after they came out?

NM98 was a 6-8$ book into its first few years mainly because of Domino speculation

It hit the $20 mark in the late 90s if I recall correctly.......

NM98 was a 6-8$ book into its first few years mainly because of Domino speculation

That died quickly. The book then settled into being part of the run, but was tougher to find than the surrounding issues, as many collectors snapped it up if they saw it in the bins. I used to find them for $3-$5 regularly in the 90s, but many were the times it was issues 96,97,99,100 in the bin.

Avengers 196 was a similar book, where the 'guide price' for years didn't reflect the fact people saw potential in the character, and it was quietly being siphoned into collections. NTT 2 was the same.

That died quickly. The book then settled into being part of the run, but was tougher to find than the surrounding issues, as many collectors snapped it up if they saw it in the bins. I used to find them for $3-$5 regularly in the 90s, but many were the times it was issues 96,97,99,100 in the bin.

Avengers 196 was a similar book, where the 'guide price' for years didn't reflect the fact people saw potential in the character, and it was quietly being siphoned into collections. NTT 2 was the same.

I whiffed on Avengers 196, myself...

I have an old price guide from December 1993 (Not Overstreet) that has NM 98 listed at $22 in NM. It wasn't till the market crashed that this book went to below $10 dollars.

'Not Overstreet' is the important part of that story. Both Wizard and the flimsy monthly newsprint guide (I forget the name) had prices that were in no way connected to reality. Overstreet was the opposite. They often took years to change prices to reflect market transactions.

I have an old price guide from December 1993 (Not Overstreet) that has NM 98 listed at $22 in NM. It wasn't till the market crashed that this book went to below $10 dollars.

'Not Overstreet' is the important part of that story. Both Wizard and the flimsy monthly newsprint guide (I forget the name) had prices that were in no way connected to reality. Overstreet was the opposite. They often took years to change prices to reflect market transactions.

Comics Values Monthly.

NM #98 at $22 meant that #99 was $20, $100 was $25, and #87 was $125.

Comics Values Monthly.

NM #98 at $22 meant that #99 was $20, $100 was $25, and #87 was $125.

That's right! lol

I used to love looking at that guide, until the little voice in my head told me that nowhere in the world would I realize that value. :mad:

THIS. No one really cared for it until the Deadpool hype begun much much later.. But those who wanted copies couldnt find them easily. I actually remember getting stiffed by Chuck on a couple of copies I ordered. I didnt make much of it and just carried on