• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Regardless of whether he stays dead or not, pages from this issue will always carry a premium because of the recognition. That's why I bought 3 of the pages featuring Don fighting Beebop and Rocksteady. I'm going to keep one in the pc and sell the other 2 at some point. (although, I go in with this plan often and end up keeping them all once I get them in my hands and can't part with them)

Think of it this way. The pages where Bullseye kills Elektra, Doomsday kills Superman, etc will get a lot more $ than pages where a big event like that are not happening. It doesn't matter that Elektra and Superman came back. The pages I bought were all similarly priced to his normal pages, so it seems like a no brainer to me. I feel like I could put those up on Ebay and double or triple the $ with ease. Like I said though, I might be inclined to keep them all once I get them since I have a bad OA addiction, and I'm chomping at the bit to have them in my possession.

I thought about that splash for a good minute, and while I was thinking about it someone else got it. If whoever bought it is reading this and has cold feet, I will pay the $700 for it today. No problem. It's the most newsworthy moment that the Turtles have made comic wise since the early days. Literally.

Guh. The more I think about it the more I regret not pulling the trigger on it. That's the beauty of original art. There only has to be one person like me, and you can never lose on any particular page/cover whatever.

Also, I realize that this could devolve into a debate on whether or not he's actually dead. It doesn't matter because millions of Turtles fans think that he died in this issue. There are millions of people who saw this news on Facebook or other social media, and have a reaction. Investing in these pages (or that splash) is in no way something to regret. Paying $200 for the variant seems like a pretty suspect investment and is way more likely to fail based on whether he's alive or not. It has similarities to people that paid $100 for a Superman #75 that now sells for around $15, and the people that bought those pages from that issue for a few hundred dollars apiece that are now worth thousands. Clearly there are huge differences in print run and notoriety, but the dollar figures are also scaled down too. I know one thing for sure. My pages will sell for $600+ apiece at some point or they won't sell at all. Another original art guy and I were having a conversation about this last weekend. He said, well, you can always tell the people that want a page for cheaper than you are willing to sell it for that they can go buy it from somewhere else. (except you can't :insane: )

At the end of the day it comes down to me only dealing in art that I like. If I can't make a decent return then I keep it, and am happy to be the caretaker for it as long as I'm around.

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

This will be an iconic panel forever in my opinion. $700 was a steal.

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

10 more sales in the 20-40 range in the past hour.. I seriously wish I bought more copies.. Insane

I left two copies of the B cover at a shop. Should have grabbed them

I kid you not.. I left at least 5 copies of each yesterday.. The owner of my LCS always allows me to buy as many as I want, and even asked me if I need any more.. So.. Show some respect my friend:

costanza-meme.png

Thanks! I'm sometimes not sure if I'm rambling like a crazy person or not. :)

Even when you're rambling I get to enjoy your sig line. Ramble on!

No one saw this coming. Yesterday sets of A and B were selling for $40...today they are selling for $50+

keep telling yourself this is a 24 hr flip, i think this book will climb up...at least for a few more days.

As for the OA, I agree with Snow.

Well that's the point

He's not dead or going to die

So?

Did Superman die? Archie? Wolverine?

Thats just another gimmick, I get it

Flamingo?

I'm afraid not too many people are going to pick up on this. That was a cool death though.

Yep. Still dead.

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

Your assumption is incorrect ......

How is it exactly that he died in this issue if he's alive In the next though? Obviously readers were supposed to think he's dead... But he wasn't...

Edited by AntBrown

No, I would believe its pretty accurate.

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

Edited by darkstar

No, I would believe its pretty accurate.

gVJz0b2.jpg

You were saying?

:popcorn:

How is it exactly that he died in this issue if he's alive In the next though? Obviously readers were supposed to think he's dead... But he wasn't...

I think that was for another book or I heard that is the FCBD book.

I think that was for another book or I heard that is the FCBD book.

Gotchya. I hadn't heard that yet. Thanks