• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I started this thread over a month ago and no one seemed to care then.. Why should they now?

Oh I forgot..

everyone was too busy thinking it would be Domino in the movie back then

i cared <3

u2eGqpo.jpg

Yeah....me too. :shy:

X-Force1969copies_zps6392c426.jpg

no one likes a one upper lol

:D

Last month when I first heard the news about Copycat, I looked and counted 69 copies. So I still have 53 left. :insane:

Whats really funny is Liefeld's actually chiming in to tell us that 1st Vanessa is NM #98 lol

and

smh :facepalm:

Isn't it?

It is!

Liefeld just needs to chime in that it's actually #96, and I'm good to go.

Whenever Liefeld chimes in i sense something is afoot

Well that's the point

He's not dead or going to die

So?

Did Superman die? Archie? Wolverine?

Thats just another gimmick, I get it

I'm surprised people still buy death issues, it seems like a gimmick that is very played out. Everyone knows what is going on when a character dies. These days, it rarely even serves the story well.

We need a new gimmick. Maybe chromium covers hm

Well unlike most death issues this one wasn't marketed as such. And with the series ending shortly anyway, you figured they could actually make the death stick. Plus it could have meant the impending death of Bebop and Rocksteady, which would have been pretty cool as well.

I have not heard anything about this series ending. Is 50 the last issue? I tried Googling it but I could not find anything.

In a 'too little' or 'too much' way? I (still) don't know anything about these books or the Valiant universe, so I don't have any context to follow your intent.

I can't speak to the intent of the other post, but, while a key book, the print run on Rai #0 was large (well over 100K) for a non-big 2 book, as the heavy Valiant speculation was underway when the book was published. There are plenty of copies out there, although many may not be readily available.

That is because someone pointed out a Glossy/Not as Glossy variation in the print run. Everyone is scrambling to see if they get an early glossy to try and cut down on the print run number being so big.

The only issues I see, is that many of these books will be banged up from the Valiant crash dollar box syndrome that plagued many of these Valiant books. Original numbers were high, how many are left intact?

I have 0 slabs, and I am scared to admit my first may be a Harbinger #1 or a Solar #3.

I had no idea about the glossy variation! That white cover might make it tougher too.

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

This will be an iconic panel forever in my opinion. $700 was a steal.

Edited by 8802

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

I agree that its an iconic panel. I looked at it and thought about it. But, when you consider all of Cory's other pages are in the $150 - $200 range, shelling out an extra $500 for a character death that isn't likely to stick didn't seem worth it at that price point, especially with his covers in the same price range. Now, if everyone is mistaken and Donny doesn't come back, that is a huge grab.

I actually think that IDW is the only one that did it right. They didnt milk this to death (no pun intended), this was, for the most part and as far as I know, unannounced, and it didnt come out with a million variants or black bags smh.. And if youre asking me, this is probably the same reason why it caught fire.. I wish that all "death" issues will be marketed the same

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

lol

If the character isn't dead in the preview of the next issue, it isn't a death and no one will remember it when the series ends 5 issues later. Well, no one besides the people who end up getting stuck with a pile of books they overpaid for.