• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,809 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2024 at 12:29 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It would be nice if Barry Windsor Smith would do a signing. I'd like to get some Valiant books signed without breaking the bank.

image.thumb.png.443476a145b798fad7302229085ffea6.png

lol

On 5/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It would be nice if Barry Windsor Smith would do a signing. I'd like to get some Valiant books signed without breaking the bank.

I met him like 30 years ago in NYC.  I got him to sign this for me (stock image, mine isn't scanned):

Batman Black & White #3 - Barry Windsor-Smith

Got Jim Lee and Frank Miller to sign their covers too.  Not able to meet Toth I'm afraid, but Gary Ginanni who did a story in that issue signed it for me.  :) 

On 5/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I did hear though, that apparently he stopped signing Valiant Comics. My understanding is that someone involved with one of the valiantfans board projects that involved getting BWS to sign a bunch of comics absconded with the signed books, or the money raised that was supposed to go to charity, or some other nefarious deed. But that was before I joined the board there.

How is the valiantfans site today? I have not been there is ages. It used to be an awesome community and resource.

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 5:20 PM, kimik said:

How is the valiantfans site today? I have not been there is ages. It used to be an awesome community and resource.

I actually just poked in a little while ago, but otherwise have not been there in ages either. Stopped visiting regularly when Dinesh & co left Valiant

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 5/5/2024 at 5:58 PM, fastballspecial said:

All I heard at FCBD at the local shops I went to was this. 

X-men 97 is fantastic repeatedly. 

Is it translating to any Copper X-men sales?

On 5/5/2024 at 5:56 PM, mr_highgrade said:
On 5/5/2024 at 4:58 PM, fastballspecial said:

All I heard at FCBD at the local shops I went to was this. 

X-men 97 is fantastic repeatedly. 

Is it translating to any Copper X-men sales?

The Storyline currently is affecting late copper early modern sales quite a bit. 

Next season will probably still in the early modern era for a while, but 1st issue
appearances have spiked a few in Copper. 

On 5/10/2024 at 11:12 AM, F For Fake said:

As @awakeintheashes just mentioned in the Revival thread, the book has been given the series order at SyFy, and all of the cheap slabs have disappeared from eBay and MCS. Of course, plenty more have already taken their place, but they're now priced at $100-$150 instead of the under $50 you could have picked them up for a couple of days ago. Great series, hope the show doesn't blow.

Fantastic. I will have to pull the copies, including a couple of #1s, I had in the $2 boxes that sat with no takers for a few years now. :yeehaw:

On 5/1/2024 at 3:50 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I did hear though, that apparently he stopped signing Valiant Comics. My understanding is that someone involved with one of the valiantfans board projects that involved getting BWS to sign a bunch of comics absconded with the signed books, or the money raised that was supposed to go to charity, or some other nefarious deed. But that was before I joined the board there.

@valiantman ?

On 5/10/2024 at 12:12 PM, F For Fake said:

As @awakeintheashes just mentioned in the Revival thread, the book has been given the series order at SyFy, and all of the cheap slabs have disappeared from eBay and MCS. Of course, plenty more have already taken their place, but they're now priced at $100-$150 instead of the under $50 you could have picked them up for a couple of days ago. Great series, hope the show doesn't blow.

I will believe it when I see it on TV this isnt the first go around. 

On 5/13/2024 at 5:46 PM, fastballspecial said:

I will believe it when I see it on TV this isnt the first go around. 

Always a good idea, but this time they have the actual series order, whereas last time I think it was just optioned, right? So, it seems likely to happen this time, for whatever that's actually worth.

On 5/14/2024 at 7:59 AM, F For Fake said:

Always a good idea, but this time they have the actual series order, whereas last time I think it was just optioned, right? So, it seems likely to happen this time, for whatever that's actually worth.

Yeah, last time it was optioned and an ABC show stole the concept, so it was dead before it could really get off the ground.