• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

Well, just sold a Batman #40 movie-poster cover to a zero-FB buyer, and after the auction is over, they tell me they want to wait until next week to pay. It says in my auction you have 7 days to pay, but... I am not getting a good feeling on this. By next week, these may be cover-price books.

:(

Hmm I have a Batman 40 Variant from someone who got a best offer accepted, and never paid. I'll pm you the name. Change your adds on all listings to a shorter term for payment. Any longer must be negotiated. "Zero Feedback Buyers will be removed unless you contact me before bidding" is a good one to have, and file an unpaid notice 48 Hours before your current 7 day deadline. If they don't pay you can have it close the case at the very end so you don't have to wait like I am right now. has until tomorrow to pay me.

In this day & age of eBay, I guess I chould shorten my payment times. About zero-FB buyers, I am in the "we all have to start somewhere" camp, & I don't see what them contacting me first would change, good or bad.

Thanks for the PM!

:)

-slym

Well, just sold a Batman #40 movie-poster cover to a zero-FB buyer, and after the auction is over, they tell me they want to wait until next week to pay. It says in my auction you have 7 days to pay, but... I am not getting a good feeling on this. By next week, these may be cover-price books.

:(

Hmm I have a Batman 40 Variant from someone who got a best offer accepted, and never paid. I'll pm you the name. Change your adds on all listings to a shorter term for payment. Any longer must be negotiated. "Zero Feedback Buyers will be removed unless you contact me before bidding" is a good one to have, and file an unpaid notice 48 Hours before your current 7 day deadline. If they don't pay you can have it close the case at the very end so you don't have to wait like I am right now. has until tomorrow to pay me.

In this day & age of eBay, I guess I chould shorten my payment times. About zero-FB buyers, I am in the "we all have to start somewhere" camp, & I don't see what them contacting me first would change, good or bad.

Thanks for the PM!

:)

-slym

Me too, but I do 5 days (which I think is generous). These days,paying is so easy, there's no excuse

I ordered a lot of #40 a couple of months ago but I decided after hearing the news that I should buy some more copies. I ordered some more from Midtown and I bought a few from an ebay seller. The Midtown order came through like always. I received an email from the ebay seller saying that these were allocated and that mine didn't show but they expect to have more next Tuesday. lol

I'll give them the benefit if the doubt but I didn't think these were allocated. Were they ?

Received a few all new marvel point one from 3 different stores this week.....all had spine ticks on the back cover, is that issue notorious for spine issues? Even one I bought new from an lcs the day it was released had a spine tick

Received a few all new marvel point one from 3 different stores this week.....all had spine ticks on the back cover, is that issue notorious for spine issues? Even one I bought new from an lcs the day it was released had a spine tick

Every last one of the seven copies of this I have has a tick at just slightly under the top staple, to varying degrees. I don't think I have better than a 9.2, from my crude estimate.

Edit: "slightly" being about 1/4 inch from the top staple, after just now looking again.

Edited by BishopT

Every last one of the seven copies of this I have has a tick at just slightly under the top staple, to varying degrees. I don't think I have better than a 9.2, from my crude estimate.

Edit: "slightly" being about 1/4 inch from the top staple, after just now looking again.

Hmm, at the local shop I was about to pay for mine when I notice how it was dinged up a little. VF/NM or so. So they went back and pulled me another one that was around NM+.

Edited by Rip

When I was picking up books on Wednesday the only Batman #40 Mask covers were a little beaten up, but I grabbed one anyway (limit one of each cover). Today in my FCBD rounds I managed to snag one of each cover including a much better condition Mask cover.

Both my LCBS is sold out of Batman #40 and one had 1 copy of Justice League #40 (after I bought two Magic Mike Variants). Guy at my regular store said Batman #40 was the first comic in a long time where he saw a lot of people picking up two copies...

Both my LCBS is sold out of Batman #40 and one had 1 copy of Justice League #40 (after I bought two Magic Mike Variants). Guy at my regular store said Batman #40 was the first comic in a long time where he saw a lot of people picking up two copies...

I sold all of mine :( It was just sooooo quick and easy a flip I couldnt resist.

Ill prolly hold on to one combo tho

I had one listed that just sold for $24.99. This book has some heat.

It's been strongly hinted there will be a second Divinity mini series after this one.

Dan

It's been strongly hinted there will be a second Divinity mini series after this one.

Dan

I just nabbed the 1:40 #1, and it seems 3rd prints are running short supply as well.

If the FCBD Oum Spider-Gwen was available (which I missed by minutes), I might have went for that but I think this is a better long term grab.

Dan

I just nabbed the 1:40 #1, and it seems 3rd prints are running short supply as well.

If the FCBD Oum Spider-Gwen was available (which I missed by minutes), I might have went for that but I think this is a better long term grab.

I decided I better grab a 1:40 as well. The 3rd prints had a surge in last minute orders,

from what I understand, and now 4th printings are on the way. The story has been fantastic.

I can't wait to see how it plays out. It's great that Valiant has Matt Kindt on board. You can tell

he has a lot of enthusiasm for the Valiant Universe.