• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

Her first appearance as female Thor What if 10

Yup. Making all copies of Thor: God of Thunder #25, Avengers #30 & Thor #1 worthless. lol

I will buy every first print copy of Thor 1 you have for cover price

It definitely sucks for all who loaded up on those books, At least for the moment. I think the value will depend on what they do with the series. If everything reboots as is stated in this article

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/11/g-willow-wilson-supposed-to-say-jumping-on-point-not-reboot-for-marvel/

...and we go back to male Thor, I think it will probably do what Superior Spider-man did when Peter came back. If she sticks around, all bets are off. I don't get why Marvel keeps doing the reboots. At some point, you think their base would pick up on it. (shrug)

I don't think a reboot or renumbering or relaunch is going to necessarily lead to the re-introduction of a male Thor. Why spend months teasing the female Thor's identity, reveal it, and then a few issues later cast her aside? Especially when the book is doing alright in sales? Plus the pc police are going to be all over Marvel if they dump one of their female leads that quickly.

Female Thor is here to stay in comicdom :sumo: What If 10 in high grade will be a $100 book.

By the Weekend.

Marvel's FCBD just featured their All-New, All-Different Avengers line-up post Secret Wars, which had the following line-up: Captain America (Sam Wilson), Iron Man (?), Thor (Jane Foster), Vision, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Nova (Sam Alexander) and Spider-Man (Miles Morales).

That's a lot of characters that many people didn't think would be sticking around, yet there they are. (shrug)

By the Weekend.

Wasnt this the assumption about whichever "character" it ended up being? I am curious what you think about this book 1 year from now, and fiver years from now. Do you really think Key is an appropriate word?

By the Weekend.

Wasnt this the assumption about whichever "character" it ended up being? I am curious what you think about this book 1 year from now, and fiver years from now. Do you really think Key is an appropriate word?

It will only achieve key status if the character continues to be printed for many, many years to come. Unfortunately, the odds of Marvel eventually reverting to the male Thor and this character slipping into oblivion has a greater chance of occurring. When we start seeing merchandise based on this character, then I'll believe there is a chance it will be a key in the future.

What people are spending their money on now is the potential for this book to achieve that status. Or they are just in it for the flip.

Edited by rjrjr

By the Weekend.

*shrug*

I cannot tell what Marvels publishing plans are going to be beyond this year...

Why are you so jilted with me referring to What-If #10 as a key issue?

It's the first Jane Foster as Thor.

( Not THE current 616 Thor, which doesn't exist anymore anyway )

But her 1st appearance as Thor.

A KEY issue indeed.

By the Weekend.

5 years from now, it will be what it was 5 months ago, a $5-$10 book.

Chris Hemsworth is signed for 3 more movies, through Infinity Wars 1 & 2

Lady Thor novelty will be gone long before then

By the Weekend.

Could be.

Or the future is just too damn close to right in front of you.

Ms Marvel

Jane Foster Thor

Silk

Gwen

Could be a fad or the next generations Jam.

Beta Ray Bill stuck around for awhile, and was far more ridiculous than a female Thor.

I know only this:

My ex-girlfriend avidly collects just two series:

(Lady) Thor

Rat Queens

By the Weekend.

The What If book in high grade wasn't a $5 or $10 book 5 months ago, it wasn't a $5 or $10 book a year ago, or even two years ago. The staples don't play nicely with the back cover of the book. Finding the book in the dollar bin wasn't all that unlikely (although I don't know of many shops that have an extensive number of What If books from the first volume), but finding it in actual near mint condition is another matter entirely.

By the Weekend.

it is much easier to say and type "key" than "currently relevant to an unknown degree"

As for Larry's claim of $100, I don't think one would expect that price if God of Thunder 12 was the first appearance, but $40 or $50 wouldn't have been unexpected. Those GoT issues had a significantly smaller print run than the current Thor series and are in the ballpark of the first printing of Ms Marvel 1 from 2014. That book currently sells somewhere between $50 and $100 and also cannot stay in stock on eBay. 100 dollars for the approaching-4-decades-old What If 10 doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

By the Weekend.

it is much easier to say and type "key" than "currently relevant to an unknown degree"

As for Larry's claim of $100, I don't think one would expect that price if God of Thunder 12 was the first appearance, but $40 or $50 wouldn't have been unexpected. Those GoT issues had a significantly smaller print run than the current Thor series and are in the ballpark of the first printing of Ms Marvel 1 from 2014. That book currently sells somewhere between $50 and $100 and also cannot stay in stock on eBay. 100 dollars for the approaching-4-decades-old What If 10 doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

100 dollars for the approaching-4-decades-old What If 10 doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

I agree.

And remember, I predicted that price by this weekend.

:)

1st Jane Foster with the power of Thor.

I gotta hand it to Jason Aaron on this one.

Pulled the wool over on alot of us. I am glad I sold a few before the announcement or I

really would have got hosed.

I passed on several What If 10s several months back when Jane was in the running because I just didnt believe they would make her Lady Thor. You gotta laugh. lol

Edited by Fastballspecial

By the Weekend.

It will only achieve key status if the character continues to be printed for many, many years to come. Unfortunately, the odds of Marvel eventually reverting to the male Thor and this character slipping into oblivion has a greater chance of occurring. When we start seeing merchandise based on this character, then I'll believe there is a chance it will be a key in the future.

What people are spending their money on now is the potential for this book to achieve that status. Or they are just in it for the flip.

A book does not need to stand the test of time to be considered key right now. What if 10 is an overnight key. Time may relegate it back to obscurity as it often does but in this case I doubt it. It's a first Jane Foster as Thor on a cover. That is going to matter from here on out. People may have passed on it for some time but that shouldn't mean anything. The masses love Portman and apparently readers love the female Thor concept, isn't Thor books featuring a female Thor selling better than when he was a man? Also collectors love dynamic female covers and it's not gonna be easy to find NM copies in the wild. I'm sure what's not to like about this book. (shrug)

This one is going to be fun to watch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHAT-IF-10-VF-NM-1978-MARVEL-BRONZE-AGE-COMICS-/151676166220?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23509aa04c

Edited by MrWeen

So how about the Cancer Cameo in Thor God of Thunder....would that count for anything. That was actually my least favorite issue of TGOT since she went all environmental whacko and also refused to be healed (insufficiently_thoughtful_person).

Edited by krighton

So how about the Cancer Cameo in Thor God of Thunder....would that count for anything. That was actually my least favorite issue of TGOT since she went all environmental whacko and also refused to be healed (insufficiently_thoughtful_person).

1st Jane Foster with cancer?!

a key?

Maybe.

The "reveal" page in Thor #8 illustrates Jane Foster with cancer to look like Natalie Portman with cancer.

IMHO

DONT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE.

WARNING.

SPOILER ( one that is ALL over the inter-webs )

jNSc8sEl.jpg

Edited by LarrysComics