• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

NM 98 is the first appearance of Domino, irrespective of the subsequent ret-con.

-J.

Wait a minute, I'm a little out of the loop. Are people suggesting that due to a ret-con, NM 98 is no longer the first appearance of Domino? Seriously?

Is it really a retcon if it took place within a year?

When Domino appeared in NM 98 was there any indication that it was an imposter, or was that revealed later?

Is there any evidence at the time of the release of NM 98 that it was someone impersonating someone else?

Ok, this has already been debated:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8748932

Thanks. Told you I was out of the loop :grin:

NM 98 is the first appearance of Domino, irrespective of the subsequent ret-con.

-J.

Wait a minute, I'm a little out of the loop. Are people suggesting that due to a ret-con, NM 98 is no longer the first appearance of Domino? Seriously?

When Domino appeared in NM 98 was there any indication that it was an imposter, or was that revealed later?

Is there any evidence at the time of the release of NM 98 that it was someone impersonating someone else?

Well, she did "coincidentally" happen to show up just in time to stop Deadpool, but it's not like there was much character development on her three pages.

-J.

It's a distinction without a difference since "that" same character, with "that" same name, and "that" same likeness first appeared in NM 98, and is even named and depicted prominently on the cover.

-J.

-J.

Ok, this has already been debated:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8748932

Thanks. Told you I was out of the loop :grin:

Just take what was a dollar bin book, slab it, sell it for $100 and never look back lol

Last week sales very healthy week Tax checks I guess. Just sharing nothing shocking, but when you pay almost nothing or cover for them it adds up.

ASM 611 - $24

Shaolin Set - $100

Sailer Moon 35 - $30

Tec 27 Millennium $45

New X-men 115 - $10

MA 12 - $25

WD 100 3rd Print $18

Action 252 Reprint $15

X-men Sword of Braddocks - $20

Flash 197 - $50

ASM 361 Silver $22

I have been coming back to this and wanted to thank you for posting it. This is very helpful info.

In Spider-Man comics did The Chameleon ever impersonate someone as that other character's first appearance? Even in a ret-con? I wonder if it would be handled the same way as Domino.

The first appearance of The Valkyrie is similar to what is going on with Domino. Avengers 83 is the first time we see the physical resemblance of the Valkyrie but it is really the Enchantress in disguise.

For those that want the first appearance of The Valkyrie, Avengers 83 is the most expensive and seemingly most in demand issue to get.

Xforce 8 sales on fleabay.

Xforce 8 :baiting:

Xforce 11 sales on fleabay

Xforce 11 :baiting:

All that tells me is that people still can't decide a 1st appearance.

#11 has the Deadpool appearance which keeps it selling above $10 pretty consistently.

How about this

nm98 1st appearance of Domino

Xforce 8 1st appearance of Neena Thurman as Domino (flashback)

No, how about all the Weeners who only care about character design go collect some ads. Maybe there are some nice sketches in some preview book.

Maybe the reason "Domino" had zero character development from New Mutants 98 to X-Force 11 wasn't just "it's a Liefeld book."

The Cable Guide in X-Force 6 had the first reference to her "luck" power (which somehow never came up in any stories hm ), but other than that, the only things we knew about her were that she could fight and had a history with Cable.

The first real hint that something was up with "Domino" came in the X-Force 9 letters page. The end of issue 10 revealed her connection to Deadpool and Tolliver.

The first appearance of The Valkyrie is similar to what is going on with Domino. Avengers 83 is the first time we see the physical resemblance of the Valkyrie but it is really the Enchantress in disguise.

For those that want the first appearance of The Valkyrie, Avengers 83 is the most expensive and seemingly most in demand issue to get.

This ^

Is the same for Hyperion/Milton/squadron/supreme/sinister, Valkyrie/enchantress, and Domino/Copycat.

Avengers 70 = 1st Hyperion character

Avengers 83 = 1st Valkyrie character

New Mutants 98 = 1st Dominio Character

IMO the whole copycat Domino thing is garbage. Domino first appears in 98 and is used to create another character, copycat. Screw that stupid "the real domino" storyline all together.

This ^

Is the same for Hyperion/Milton/squadron/supreme/sinister, Valkyrie/enchantress, and Domino/Copycat.

Avengers 70 = 1st Hyperion character design (in a story)

Avengers 83 = 1st Valkyrie character design (in a story)

New Mutants 98 = 1st Dominio Character design (in a story)

IMO the whole copycat Domino thing is garbage. Domino first appears in 98 and is used to create another character, copycat. Screw that stupid "the real domino" storyline all together.

Fixed. Although I'm not sure about Hyperion/Avengers 70.

Maybe try reading some comics instead of just looking at the pretty pictures (or Liefeld art).

Tell Ya what...I'm wrong there's 50,000 copies..you will! Now can you please bother someone else. Thanks a bunch.

If you can't handle being challenged on an open forum, you probably shouldn't be posting on the internet. I could ask you to please stop bothering everybody in trying to pimp this book, n'est-ca pas...?

Last week sales very healthy week Tax checks I guess. Just sharing nothing shocking, but when you pay almost nothing or cover for them it adds up.

ASM 611 - $24

Shaolin Set - $100

Sailer Moon 35 - $30

Tec 27 Millennium $45

New X-men 115 - $10

MA 12 - $25

WD 100 3rd Print $18

Action 252 Reprint $15

X-men Sword of Braddocks - $20

Flash 197 - $50

ASM 361 Silver $22

I have been coming back to this and wanted to thank you for posting it. This is very helpful info.

Ur Welcome

Years ago before we had all this drama the boards used to be like this a lot more. I am sorry so many don't get to have that experience anymore.

Edited by Fastballspecial