• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am sure that is a large part, but the book is also toward the end of the run and the print run was lower as well. Ugly cover though.

It's definitely on the more highly stylized side. :)

I do think the cover to Venom 31 (first app. Andrea Benton, before she gets the symbiote) is a cooler cover.  Kind of have to give them a some credit for trying something a little different with the 38 though. Not many copies of either on the census.  I think you're  about the print runs.   

Yeah it plays into my thinking more then what is in the census just because money can bring up the census fast on any book. They just cant print more books though and the majority of collectors still go raw. When I look at sales I don't intentionally ignore them, but they aren't the 1st priority for a book for me. That's a different discussion point that should involve GPA more and is really out of my area.

29 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah it plays into my thinking more then what is in the census just because money can bring up the census fast on any book. They just cant print more books though and the majority of collectors still go raw. When I look at sales I don't intentionally ignore them, but they aren't the 1st priority for a book for me. That's a different discussion point that should involve GPA more and is really out of my area.

(thumbsu

Always appreciate your insights.  

-J.

Until recently, I was finding high grade copies of Web of Spider-man 18 for $1.  Good to see it grabbing a few bucks. 

Bought the Bendis and Brubaker DD run as it came out.  But never saw the 2nd print of 111.  I'll have to search for one of those.  Really like that cover. 

Patrick

15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I left this one of my list by accident. Spider-man Adventures 10 Sells like hotcakes due to great
cover. Been looking for a copy for a year no luck.

Wow. I didn't realize SMA #10 was selling like that. I can see why. I've been away for a little while, but is this a new development?

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Until recently, I was finding high grade copies of Web of Spider-man 18 for $1.  Good to see it grabbing a few bucks. 

Bought the Bendis and Brubaker DD run as it came out.  But never saw the 2nd print of 111.  I'll have to search for one of those.  Really like that cover. 

Patrick

Its funny I really thought it was market manipulation, but there are too many sales for me to continue to say that. Maybe its the herd mentality, but there is no denying a high grade copy will sell well now. And it is hard to find a NM+ copy that black cover is brutal.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

For Spawn I would be looking at Rust its still undervalued. MS has been selling well for awhile and is now over $100.

Now some of the other MS books I look for fun because I don't find many.

What's MS, MCS? Rust is selling for $20 on a good day.

I grabbed a handful of Malibu Sun 10 earlier this year but left a big stack since I didn’t know if they were worth $5 each.  Turns out I can sell them for $20-$35 each and I’m kicking myself for not grabbing the stack.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:
9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

For Spawn I would be looking at Rust its still undervalued. MS has been selling well for awhile and is now over $100.

Now some of the other MS books I look for fun because I don't find many.

What's MS, MCS? Rust is selling for $20 on a good day.

That's the point. Malibu Sun 13 Spawn is selling for $100 regularly now. I don't see a lot of growth there. Rust and the variant have room to grow. I don't agree with the book myself, but in this new market its the book that is undervalued.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That's the point. Malibu Sun 13 Spawn is selling for $100 regularly now. I don't see a lot of growth there. Rust and the variant have room to grow. I don't agree with the book myself, but in this new market its the book that is undervalued.

A Mcfaddish grimey Spawn cover that preceded the 1st issue makes it so much more appealing to collectors in my opinion. It's been going on for decades.

Rust was pretty much market hype through an eBay seller who started this whole trend about 2-3 years ago. That's probably why it also didn't catch on

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

A Mcfaddish grimey Spawn cover that preceded the 1st issue makes it so much more appealing to collectors in my opinion. It's been going on for decades.

Rust was pretty much market hype through an eBay seller who started this whole trend about 2-3 years ago. That's probably why it also didn't catch on

You are preaching to the choir here. A year or two ago I would have said the same thing. The market doesn't act that way anymore. Although being on the cover does help the market hasn't seemed to kill that notion yet.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

You are preaching to the choir here. A year or two ago I would have said the same thing. The market doesn't act that way anymore. Although being on the cover does help the market hasn't seemed to kill that notion yet.

Well the facts disagree with your sentiment. MS13 had been a high ticket book for over a decade while rust was a 100$ and dropped to 20 

just saying

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well the facts disagree with your sentiment. MS13 had been a high ticket book for over a decade while rust was a 100$ and dropped to 20 

just saying

You mean the variant right. I am just talking about the normal Rust issue.