• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

DONNY CATES Retweeted Hollywood Reporter

So yeah. GOD COUNTRY is going to be a movie. And I’m writing it. And yes, I’m freaking the hell out too. Thank you guys for reading and supporting our weird little Texas/Kirby Gods story. Now I’m off to go write it. Again. #TexasForever #ComeAndTakeIt

Seeing God Country moving slightly higher.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/God-Country-1-2-3-4-5-6-1ST-Print-VF-NM-Donny-Cates-Geoff-Shaw-Image-Comics/183473364817?hash=item2ab7dd5f51:g:bIQAAOSwb4VbuTay:rk:6:pf:0

41 minutes ago, Jackhartmann said:

So yeah. GOD COUNTRY is going to be a movie. And I’m writing it. And yes, I’m freaking the hell out too. Thank you guys for reading and supporting our weird little Texas/Kirby Gods story. Now I’m off to go write it. Again. #TexasForever #ComeAndTakeIt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/God-Country-1-2-3-4-5-6-1ST-Print-VF-NM-Donny-Cates-Geoff-Shaw-Image-Comics/183473364817?hash=item2ab7dd5f51:g:bIQAAOSwb4VbuTay:rk:6:pf:0

This is great. I loved that series and thought it was ripe for a movie. I got a bunch of them SS signed, so hopefully can flip them at some point.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:39 PM, divad said:

I was just amused by how people think they know what they're talking about. lol

Hows that? Yes, Im sure contractually sometimes things are different, but generally what I said is true. I know since Ive dealt with it.

18 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

Awesome news! I did not get a Negan in my 25th Anniversary Blind Box but hit a couple of God Country #1s so this may mean I break even on it. lol 

This came out today and looked cool, but I wasn't spending $9.99:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Cursed-Comics-Cavalcade-1-Comic-Book-NM-Unread/132815277355?epid=16024688808&hash=item1eec684d2b:g:10wAAOSwflBbvkMt:rk:9:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

So all the copies on ebay that were under $10 sold, and a few above in the $15-19.99 range have sold too:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_nkw=cursed+comics+cavalcade&LH_BIN=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Too much potential to cool off by tomorrow for me to run out and plunk down $10 a pop on the copies at my LCS right now for a potential $5-$10 reward and I am not into spending $10 on a batman comic just to read. But someone with more initiative than me will make a few bucks off these.

7 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Don't forget Swamp Thing is in this. Well worth the $10 cover price.

I just have a tough time spending $10 on a book when so many wind up deep discounted later. I spend $10, sometimes, on nice hardcovers.

7 hours ago, the blob said:

I understand a 9.9 is a borderline impossible task, but , 3 or 4 years ago how many of these were sitting in dollar boxes in pristine shape? seems that despite being only a 9.8, this one may be more interesting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-LETHAL-PROTECTOR-1-CGC-9-8-GOLD-VARIANT-1993/173577248854?hash=item286a02a056:g:EmYAAOSwX2xbutC8:sc:USPSPriority!54956!US!-1:rk:13:pf:0

I think the rarity of a 9.9 pulls in a stronger price? Only 30 blue labels, it’s been like that since 2013. 

What would be the possibility for another 9.9 to be added to the registry? 

36 minutes ago, 360racer said:

I think the rarity of a 9.9 pulls in a stronger price? Only 30 blue labels, it’s been like that since 2013. 

I have no idea. There are a lot of pristine copies of that book out there, but I guess 9.9 is something they can limit the supply of by deciding they are just going to give it to 1 in 200 9.8s or whatever.

17 hours ago, 360racer said:

17 hours ago, the blob said:

I have no idea. There are a lot of pristine copies of that book out there, but I guess 9.9 is something they can limit the supply of by deciding they are just going to give it to 1 in 200 9.8s or whatever.

If I'm interpreting Valiantman's website correctly, in the past 3 years there have been no 9.9's or 10's but 1,739 9.8's. What blob said is correct given those numbers.

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:lethal:protector:/issue/1/label/all/orderby/alphabetical/census/181009/censusprior/151006/

Completely opinion, but I think 9.9 and 10.0s are political. Ive subbed hundreds of books and never gotten one. I've gotten tons of 9.8s. I know for a fact some of my books looked PERFECT too. Ive gotten good at screening over the years.

I don't know enough about the grading process for granting a 10.0 or 9.9, but just seems odd that only certain people regularly get them.

I understand that they amount of books subbed by those are higher, but doesnt seem like a coincidence to me.

Who knows though, maybe of the hundreds of books Ive subbed (maybe more than that), I never had a 9.9 or 10.0 (even though most of my 9.8s are moderns). 

OH I dunno about that, if they only give them out to 1 in 500 or 1000 or 2000 moderns (and let's assume there is no visible difference between a 9.9 and a super 9.8) it may just be the guys submitting 2000 books at once have a better shot at it?

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

OH I dunno about that, if they only give them out to 1 in 500 or 1000 or 2000 moderns (and let's assume there is no visible difference between a 9.9 and a super 9.8) it may just be the guys submitting 2000 books at once have a better shot at it?

sure, could be....Ive subbed a LOT of books though. Was just a soap box moment. I obviously don't know. Maybe it takes subbing a ton of the same of one book to get some. I definitely only sub maybe 4-5 max of one specific book at a time. I digress though.

Maybe someday. 

Edited by kevhtx

31 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Completely opinion, but I think 9.9 and 10.0s are political. Ive subbed hundreds of books and never gotten one. I've gotten tons of 9.8s. I know for a fact some of my books looked PERFECT too. Ive gotten good at screening over the years.

I don't know enough about the grading process for granting a 10.0 or 9.9, but just seems odd that only certain people regularly get them.

I understand that they amount of books subbed by those are higher, but doesnt seem like a coincidence to me.

Who knows though, maybe of the hundreds of books Ive subbed (maybe more than that), I never had a 9.9 or 10.0 (even though most of my 9.8s are moderns). 

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

Again, assuming I'm reading the data correctly, approximately half (little more) of the 9.8's have been graded in the last 3 years. With zero coming in above a 9.8.

So, roughly the other 50% that were previously graded at 9.8 or higher, 32 came back 9.9 and 10 a perfect 10.