• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, kimik said:

And a tip on speculating that I learned from a collector turned new store owner a few years back at the 2015 Calgary Expo - don't overthink it and go big on sure things. This individual was just coming off big wins with 1000 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #4 (Silk), EoSV #2 (Spider-Gwen), and then the newly released Darth Vader #3 (Dr. Aphra). We had a nice chat and then he sold us the remaining EoSV 2s he had on hand at the show that morning for $20 apiece, plus the ASM #4 1:10 and EoSV #2 1:25 variants for cheap. He parlayed his comic speculating wins from 2010 to 2014 into a building that he set up a LCS in. (thumbsu

explain the don't over think it and go big on sure things... what are the overthink it examples and sure thing books?

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

explain the don't over think it and go big on sure things... what are the overthink it examples and sure thing books?

The advice is instead of waiting for books that had strong characters that were used extensively to gain even more traction and approach $100, you should sell them all for a $20, buy a building and open a comic shop. 

3 hours ago, kimik said:

And a tip on speculating that I learned from a collector turned new store owner a few years back at the 2015 Calgary Expo - don't overthink it and go big on sure things. This individual was just coming off big wins with 1000 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #4 (Silk), EoSV #2 (Spider-Gwen), and then the newly released Darth Vader #3 (Dr. Aphra). We had a nice chat and then he sold us the remaining EoSV 2s he had on hand at the show that morning for $20 apiece, plus the ASM #4 1:10 and EoSV #2 1:25 variants for cheap. He parlayed his comic speculating wins from 2010 to 2014 into a building that he set up a LCS in. (thumbsu

Well now there's the rub. :wink:

35 minutes ago, divad said:

So  . . .anything heating up? lol

We need a live tracker just scrolling across the bottom of the thread. 

I seen a few heating up a tad but not enough to report on. Few are trying super hard, selling like crazy, but print run is holding them down value wise. 

4 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I' m personally tired of miles books heating up lol Can't deny the facts and evidence though. I noticed the #1 2019 series was heating up at first, however this one caught up in the past few days and then some.

If they all haven't heated up yet they will soon. Divad loves miles discussion so the more the better. 

Most impressive I seen is hip hop cgc 9.8 $500. Two months ago $50

Edited by Myowncollector

15 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

The advice is instead of waiting for books that had strong characters that were used extensively to gain even more traction and approach $100, you should sell them all for a $20, buy a building and open a comic shop. 

No. Only speculate on 1st apps that look like no brainers. Spider-Gwen was a sure thing in his mind, same with Silk, since they were Spidey related and Marvel put some promotional $$$$ behind them. Focus on the new character 1st apps in top franchises, and/or ones the publishers are promoting behind the scenes. Also pay attention to what the writers are saying via social media.

Edited by kimik

15 minutes ago, kimik said:

No. Only speculate on 1st apps that loom like no brainers. Spider-Gwen was a sure thing in his mind, same with Silk, since they were Spidey related and Marvel put some promotional $$$$ behind them. Focus on the new character 1st apps in top franchises, and/or ones the publishers are promoting behind the scenes. Also pay attention to what the writers are saying via social media.

Batch H was a sure bet.. still fetches a pretty penny.. but Batch H isn't anywhere on the Marvel scene ... it's a gamble when the buy in is $5... then copies flood ebay Wednesday morning for $20.. ok there's still room there but by the time I get home and upload the pics and list it's now at $15 shipped.. 

Edited by littledoom

Does anyone know the significance of this book other than being a 1:10 and a Miles book that has been getting some silly sales numbers, $150. I see some places say it's the first appearance in comics of his movie costume but can't any proof of that, CGC labels also don't specify.

hepRMFB.png

3 hours ago, kimik said:

No. Only speculate on 1st apps that loom like no brainers. Spider-Gwen was a sure thing in his mind, same with Silk, since they were Spidey related and Marvel put some promotional $$$$ behind them. Focus on the new character 1st apps in top franchises, and/or ones the publishers are promoting behind the scenes. Also pay attention to what the writers are saying via social media.

I was joking. But he should of waited. I was buying more at $20. Has there been a sure thing in the last 3 years? I think the ones you mentioned are the last ones.