• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Also... these books that took off for upcoming movies like Black Widow marvel knights 1 and Inhumans 5 (both of which have cooled way down), only to have the release of them delayed. Do they have a second wave of hype when the trailers relaunch for a later release?Since they’re more or less forgotten by now and can be bought for much less than 6 months ago.

If anything it extends the amount of time sellers can hold the books until the movie comes and goes.. no one really cares after that.. it would be wise for Marvel to put out new trailers w new footage 

10 hours ago, littledoom said:

If anything it extends the amount of time sellers can hold the books until the movie comes and goes.. no one really cares after that.. it would be wise for Marvel to put out new trailers w new footage 

Have to hold. Can hold is usually not a good thing. 

My (and many others) is sell on the announcement and trailer. Depending on stock, you can sometimes do well buying in between. Just don't get left with any after it's released!

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Have to hold. Can hold is usually not a good thing. 

My (and many others) is sell on the announcement and trailer. Depending on stock, you can sometimes do well buying in between. Just don't get left with any after it's released!

I sell on the weak rumor long as it boost the book enough. Lately the price for rumor is same as announcements or trailer. And rumor is usually fake or years ahead of official announcement where my $ can be invested again instead of sitting on it. 

I wouldn't be looking for black widow books to flip. Maxed out for short term. Long term not sure. That actress is the new it girl so maybe the new black widow for a decade. 

16 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

Anything miles. But the hip hop is taking off even more. 

This is really true. Ive sold in the last week somewhere around 12 Miles titles from anywhere from $15-50.
These are all titles I paid $1 to cover for so very lucrative. Whats interesting is now its bleeding into SpiderGwen.

I sold a couple of Edge 2 2nd prints for $100+ and could probably held out for more.(When you pay cover its 
really hard to say no when someone offers you that much lol.)  When your views hit 700 in 
a couple of days thats really impressive. Gwen and Miles covers are really popular now. I look for this to continue
until the PS5 game hits. That will tell us where it will go from there. 

I am not even discussing UF4 and Ulitimate 1 which are the high dollar books. The ones I am selling have been
cover books or $12-15 variants that are now $50 books in under a week. Very impressive. Run to the $1 bins. 

Edited by fastballspecial

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 from the 80's is heating up. Plenty sold over the weekend on feebay. 1st Firestar?

<<OOPS! wrong comic era/thread...will cut/paste to "Bronze" >>>

Edited by comixry
forgot to correct words.

Marvel Action Universe 1 1980  & Firestar 1 women of marvel One shot from 2010 are both wiped clean off ebay Jun 19-22 ... I always knew there would be a sudden surge .. waiting for the first Spider-Girl be a $200-300 comic

Edited by littledoom

20 years ago Ultimate Spider-Man 1-5 were the hot back issues each worth significant dinero and only #1 has held up in that entire series .. I wonder how people will look at Ultimate Miles Morales 20 years from now

5 hours ago, littledoom said:

Marvel Action Universe 1 1980  & Firestar 1 women of marvel One shot from 2010 are both wiped clean off ebay Jun 19-22 ... I always knew there would be a sudden surge .. waiting for the first Spider-Girl be a $200-300 comic

I wonder why? Its just a reprint of Spider-Man and his amazing friends. Too much stuff heating up, I'm actually getting tired of running back and forth searching lol we need 1 down week to get caught up.:tonofbricks:

On 6/21/2020 at 2:53 PM, BishopT said:

Static #1 is really hot right now. I’ve listed two in the last two days and they both have sold in under 5 minutes. Flip em if you’ve got em.

Were they sealed or unsealed? 

Edited by kimik

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Were they sealed or unsealed? 

BOTH .. ALL COVERS OF #1 HEATING UP.. Platinum selling at a premium. Static shock rebirth of the cool #1-4 and New 52 series selling well also.. Next Miles Morales?

I'm seeing a lot of listings inappropriately categorized as Platinum as the comics age on ebay

(caps lock was on earlier too lazy to fix)

Edited by littledoom

33 minutes ago, littledoom said:

BOTH .. ALL COVERS OF #1 HEATING UP.. Platinum selling at a premium. Static shock rebirth of the cool #1-4 and New 52 series selling well also.. Next Miles Morales?

I'm seeing a lot of listings inappropriately categorized as Platinum as the comics age on ebay

(caps lock was on earlier too lazy to fix)

There was a tweet by one of the Milestone creators suggesting that Static would be coming back soon. Seems like a really good time for it. Maybe we'll see the whole line return. Prices for the late issues are crazy.

21 hours ago, manetteska said:

Forget 1; 45 is where it’s at. 

I agree 45 is in my top 10 of most difficult regular issues to find.

Actually 40-45 are all tough, but I have found like 3 copies of 45 over the last few years. I spent
6 years looking before I found my first copy.

I have only found one copy of 44. I am holding my platinum copies though.
That book has room to move still.

Edited by fastballspecial