• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree 45 is in my top 10 of most difficult regular issues to find.

Actually 40-45 are all tough, but I have found like 3 copies of 45 over the last few years. I spent
6 years looking before I found my first copy.

I have only found one copy of 44. I am holding my platinum copies though.
That book has room to move still.

The only “Wild” copy I saw of 45 was courtesy of @jsilverjanet

8 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

We are in the golden age of comic speculation. Stores were closed, some still are, no cons, unemployed making more than when they were employed, stuck at home. Perfect storm. With miles even more so. I said in another thread marvel could capitalize on this perfect storm. African American wolverine. Would sell hundreds of thousands of copies. Anything can heat up now though. Surprised it took firestar so long. Read some article week or so ago about how that firestar could be how mutants are introduced into the mcu. Figure that is what caused book to heat up.

No love for second most popular Wolverine.. Daken?

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Actually 40-45 are all tough, but I have found like 3 copies of 45 over the last few years. I spent

I loved Static when it originally came out. I had an entire run that I sold after I got divorced. It pained me to sell and at the time, I thought I'd be able to buy it all back one day. I guess not. I got $200 for the entire run in 2013 in case anyone is wondering. 

Static 45.. really blew up to over 100.. I remember when it was around a $40 comic around 2-3 years ago... I looked through all dollar boxes at a dealers booth and only had two boxes left... But a new guy came and so I let him take that box and I chose another.. he found the last issue for a buck... I was happy for him.

6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Similar story. Never found a 45 until last Spring at a con in Wilmington, NC where I found two copies back to back in a $1 box. I legit let out an audible YES when i found them! 

10 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There was a tweet by one of the Milestone creators suggesting that Static would be coming back soon. Seems like a really good time for it. Maybe we'll see the whole line return. Prices for the late issues are crazy.

Stupid to ask, but what distinguishes platinum static 1?