• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Right - and after finally defeating the galactic empire after years of rebellion , who is lazy enough to allow the first order to come in and essentially do the same thing within the same generation ? in Or is this JJ Abrams fault ?

well, they never really defeated them. at least that's what the mandelorian seems to be all about. they just lost their top 3 leaders over the course of the movies and then went to the edges to regroup for a generation. 

not to mention, they have all this technology and basically use civil war battle tactics .... let's all line up and shoot at eachother and charge....

Edited by the blob

56 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Generally not sad about selling too early — like in all of the Star Wars 42 I used to have — but both of these were literally a couple weeks after I sold. 

If you have the ability to acquire and replenish new inventory then it's not hard to let good stuff go

Edited by littledoom

46 minutes ago, the blob said:

2 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Right - and after finally defeating the galactic empire after years of rebellion , who is lazy enough to allow the first order to come in and essentially do the same thing within the same generation ? in Or is this JJ Abrams fault ?

well, they never really defeated them. at least that's what the mandelorian seems to be all about. they just lost their top 3 leaders over the course of the movies and then went to the edges to regroup for a generation. 

The leaders of the empire were defeated and the empire became a republic again. The empires’ devotees and sith cultists and acolytes found safety in the outer rim, which as @the blob points out is where Mando takes place and we are seeing this develop. 

The re-hashing of ANH and no creativity... that’s all JJ Abrams 

Edited by awakeintheashes

3 hours ago, the blob said:

OK, if you don't see a jedi get their head cut off or cut in half or their corpse confirmed dead (and even then sometimes they are not dead...) they are not dead. So Mace WIndu is out there somewhere, possibly shattered so he isn't fighting much, old, etc., Ezra is out there, etc.   But Ahsoka saying "not my yob" doesn't make a lot of sense if she knows the Empire is after Grogu. She may not want to train him, but would she want them getting him? No way.

Luke is out there... wouldn’t he be the obvious choice? 

36 minutes ago, the blob said:

ATDPs are the stupidest thing ever put in movies. Any war machine that ewoks can take out with ropes and coconuts needs a re design

I will say the episode in Mando in the 1st season where he’s fighting 1 AT ST is pretty frightening , it says alot to have one machine cause fear where we saw a slew of them in Last Jedi and it had no emotional effect ...

2 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

He’s out there. Not sure where he is in his desire to train a Jedi. Mando is an off-ramp to the dead horse that is the Skywalker Saga. If the show runners are smart they will give a hat-tip to him being out there and be done with it. 

2 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

There’s a lot more Jedi still left after the purge than it initially seemed , Shaak Ti and Maris Brood are on Felicia until she’s dispatched by Star killer, Quinlan Vos - a total bad is roaming around and Sharad Hett is hiding out as a Tusken Raider until he becomes Darth Kryat - just to name a select few 

5 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

There’s a lot more Jedi still left after the purge than it initially seemed , Shaak Ti and Maris Brood are on Felicia until she’s dispatched by Star killer, Quinlan Vos - a total bad is roaming around and Sharad Hett is hiding out as a Tusken Raider until he becomes Darth Kryat - just to name a select few 

That’s all Legends timeline and not canon. As far as we know, there are 2 confirmed Jedi still alive (Luke & Ahsoka) - this does not count “force sensitive” individuals. The rest is all speculation at this point. 

2 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

Is this the 2nd most expensive 1st app in Star Wars besides Star Wars 1?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-THE-CLONE-WARS-1-CGC-9-8-VARIANT-1ST-ASHOKA-LIMITED-1000/274601517746?hash=item3fef86a2b2:g:QA0AAOSwDlZe7dDj

I do not know, I am just asking. (shrug)

Maybe the 35 cent variant. The regular Star Wars 1 is nowhere near that valuable. That’s crazy money :whatthe:

5 minutes ago, I like pie said:

I thought this too but if you he cut himself off from the force at some point, based the the sequel trilogy. Not sure on the timing though.

He doesn’t cut himself until after Ben Solo breaks bad. At the time of Mando, Ben is only like 5. Luke’s out there. 

6 minutes ago, I like pie said:

I thought this too but if you he cut himself off from the force at some point, based the the sequel trilogy. Not sure on the timing though.

I’m not a fan of the sequels, but Luke did that after training Ben/Kylo right? This is only five years after ROTJ, so Ben would be too young in Mando times.

EDIT: oops, awakeintheashes beat me to it :)

Edited by BrooksR

Just now, carter3175 said:

Wouldn't it be great if they continue the story and remove the last 3 movies.  Just tell a whole new future on D+

A lot of people probably wish that, lol  That’s why Filoni and Faverau are doing clean up duty to make the sequels not look so bad. 

Filoni did it for the prequels with Clone Wars and Rebels. 

3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

A lot of people probably wish that, lol  That’s why Filoni and Faverau are doing clean up duty to make the sequels not look so bad. 

Filoni did it for the prequels with Clone Wars and Rebels. 

And nobody knows the history of Mandalore better than Favreau , the leader of Death Watch himself : Pre Vizsla 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam