• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, eddly said:

I ordered I think 11 copies of ASM 55. Any potential with the content or is it just a cover buy?

I was going to order some copies of that book, great cover.  I figured I would order a bunch and the book would never be anything.  If interest grows as just a cover book I might pick some up, but I don't think anything really happens in it or there would be musings already.

Midtown has a 1 per customer limit on that cover. All other places are sold out or charging a premium. I didn’t pre-order any but looks like a lot of people want that cover  and may keep prices above cover for a while. 

9 hours ago, littledoom said:

Reminds me of that Mister Miracle 10 negative cover w Darkseid on it. Everyone thought it was going to be a timeless classic but it’s a dollar comic 

Its a similar look I agree. But that's about where it stops. Nobody really cares about either
of those characters. 

Ive tried to years to get the Adventures 12 variant with no luck.

7 hours ago, RickSp said:

ASM 55 does look awesome and from what I can tell on pre-orders here in the UK it definitely has potential.

I went for the virgin cover on a spur of the moment purchase and it's already sold out when I checked again earlier.

It's a slippery slope though with these cool looking covers, I could see the ASM 56 Momoko variant showing available next, but then where does it stop!

Momoko can kill the momentum of any book. (:

2 hours ago, gradejunky said:

I was going to order some copies of that book, great cover.  I figured I would order a bunch and the book would never be anything.  If interest grows as just a cover book I might pick some up, but I don't think anything really happens in it or there would be musings already.

I agree it depends what they end up doing with Kindred in this issue and if the costume changes. For me as soon as I saw the cover I knew it was special anything inside will be a plus.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:
8 hours ago, RickSp said:

ASM 55 does look awesome and from what I can tell on pre-orders here in the UK it definitely has potential.

I went for the virgin cover on a spur of the moment purchase and it's already sold out when I checked again earlier.

It's a slippery slope though with these cool looking covers, I could see the ASM 56 Momoko variant showing available next, but then where does it stop!

Momoko can kill the momentum of any book. (:

The market is over peached.

4 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Not modern comics, but adjacent. Picked up this Adam: Legend of Blue Marvel Original Art this week:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1689277

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1689216

very cool.

not a big deal, but maybe there is a better thread to post these?

This thread is generally dealing with trending comic sales on ebay.  Unless this specific art indicates something about a trend related to a specific comic that I missed.  Perhaps it just needs more context.

4 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Just looked at Batman Beyond #50 Last Issue.  They are basically gone from eBay 2 days after release.  I heard there is an appearance (1st?) of a character from the animated show in the book, plus it is the last issue.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Batman+Beyond+50&rt=nc

Yes, character has already appeared in comics before.

5 hours ago, revat said:

very cool.

not a big deal, but maybe there is a better thread to post these?

This thread is generally dealing with trending comic sales on ebay.  Unless this specific art indicates something about a trend related to a specific comic that I missed.  Perhaps it just needs more context.

Just sharing art from a modern book that's pretty darn hot on ebay.

I guess I should have just made a don't tell hector post instead.

11 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

Just sharing art from a modern book that's pretty darn hot on ebay.

I guess I should have just made a don't tell hector post instead.

Those posts were an edit from fastball misposting his sales thread in this thread. Just an FYI for anyone who wasn’t here for it. 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Those posts were an edit from fastball misposting his sales thread in this thread. Just an FYI for anyone who wasn’t here for it. 

I suspected a context.....

sorry about that, please carry on

On 12/24/2020 at 11:18 PM, valiantman said:

Probably not, since the ASM book exists and Tec 884 doesn't.  :kidaround:

Detective #880?  Maybe.  (thumbsu 

Was 880 a sell out? I fished 3 copies out of my lcs $1 box. Were it immediately hot they would have Sold out. Sold them all for under $50. Genius.