• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, fastballspecial said:

:facepalm:

Yes. I have ordered from them several times with no incidents. As a matter of fact, many of the comics I have sent for grading from this particular company have graded 9.8 or better. Not a newbie thank you...just the avatar title and post count. :) Been bit before a few times but not from this company.

Edited by Acegraphix

1 minute ago, Acegraphix said:
On 12/22/2020 at 8:46 PM, fastballspecial said:

:facepalm:

Yes. I have ordered from them several times with no incidents. As a matter of fact, many of the comics I have sent for grading from this particular company have graded 9.8 or better. Not a newbie thank you...just the avatar and post count.

Well I wasn't really implying that I just was suprised you would spend that much money and have it shipped overseas.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Well I wasn't really implying that I just was suprised you would spend that much money and have it shipped overseas.

Me too sometimes :) 

No really, not taken that way. I edited my comment to state that I have had good experiences with them after maybe a couple of dozen orders over the last few years. 

So lets switch gears away from Star Wars and discuss what I believe to be
the best ASM cover I have seen in many many years. I was so impressed with
it I pre-ordered a TON, bought some virgin covers and even some slabs and I 
never do that. 

Pre-sales seem to indicate strong interest as well. Do we have a Tec 880 in the
making here for an ASM book? And please don't come in here and tell me the 
cover isn't nice because we all know that's a lie. My only real questions is will
it become iconic? (shrug)

Understand I am already fully committed so I don't want any signs of conflict here I think its fantastic. I just want some other thoughts.

image.png.42291ebe0af66f59e50d271fcf6cb02b.png

Edited by fastballspecial

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

never do that. 

Pre-sales seem to indicate strong interest as well. Do we have a Tec 884 in the
cover isn't nice because we all know that's a lie. My only real questions is will

Understand I am already fully committed so I don't want any signs of conflict here I think its fantastic. I just want some other thoughts.

I have a few of the reg covers coming and a virgin also.  LCS gave me their poster too (going to frame it and GF's son would like it for his room).

I wonder if it is at all any indication of Spidey's new costume that comes out in March (I believe)?

Either way, I agree with you 100%, when this cover was revealed months ago I put it on my pull specifically, I worried then it would be a ratio.  Very glad it is not.

33 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I have a few of the reg covers coming and a virgin also.  LCS gave me their poster too (going to frame it and GF's son would like it for his room).

I wonder if it is at all any indication of Spidey's new costume that comes out in March (I believe)?

Either way, I agree with you 100%, when this cover was revealed months ago I put it on my pull specifically, I worried then it would be a ratio.  Very glad it is not.

Reminds me of that Mister Miracle 10 negative cover w Darkseid on it. Everyone thought it was going to be a timeless classic but it’s a dollar comic 

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Reminds me of that Mister Miracle 10 negative cover w Darkseid on it. Everyone thought it was going to be a timeless classic but it’s a dollar comic 

Are there any issues of Mister Miracle that are timeless classics?

ASM 55 does look awesome and from what I can tell on pre-orders here in the UK it definitely has potential.

I went for the virgin cover on a spur of the moment purchase and it's already sold out when I checked again earlier.

It's a slippery slope though with these cool looking covers, I could see the ASM 56 Momoko variant showing available next, but then where does it stop!

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

never do that. 

Pre-sales seem to indicate strong interest as well. Do we have a Tec 884 in the

Yep to this.

Unable to re-order at Diamond UK as initial run & extras sold out weeks ago

Not modern comics, but adjacent. Picked up this Adam: Legend of Blue Marvel Original Art this week:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1689277

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1689216

Edited by pkveronese