• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

Probably because the people who normally sub books sold them to Comicalgems when they realized he wanted the entire print run.

This is up to you dude. You control the market on this book.

^^

Dude you control the print run of this book.

Instead of pumping the book every 5 pages in this thread which is doing nothing.

Try this give away a few copies to let people read it. Talk to a local shop about Free Comic Book Day.

Contact the writer bring him in here. Get him to do a signing somewhere.

Get an Image First Book done.

Get some OA in here to sell.

All the above things will help the book you are so heavily invested in.

A part of controlling the supply of anything is to make sure you do just that. If you feed market demand, the market price doesn't rise.

Demand is creeping up on the book (look at the sell-through rates). Sounds like Comicalgems is doing just fine. Patience is a virtue when dealing with commodities.

lol I don't own the entire print run!

I do own quite a few copies though and two 9.8s. I've never been a mass submission type guy so I'm looking to buy some slabbed as they come available. I have noticed the available listings on eBay for single issues has dropped from a couple of weeks ago. Also that getting one bin for less than ten bucks (shipping included) has become near impossible.

I'm sure once it goes to TPB it'll get more interest as these books seem to do. The one thing missing from the story that'd probably make it go supernova is sexual content. Nearly all the hot image titles have some sort of NC-17 moments (some a little triple x too!). Otherwise it's a very good read.

Oh and if pumping the market were my only goal I'd be hammering NWM 1. I'm more heavily invested in that title than any other right now.

I'm going to try to own 1% of this book just to be ironic.

http://pulllist.comixology.com/sku/MAR130907/Occupy-Comics-1

i'd rather tape my money to an m80, flush, and wait 10 seconds for the pipes to explode.

That would probably make for a better story.

CHECK YO SELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YO SELF

CHICKITY CHECK YO SELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YO SELF

I SAID

CAUSE SHOT GUN BULLETS ARE BAD FOR YOUR HEEEALLLLTH

How is that about MODERNS THAT ARE HEATING UP ON EBAY?!?

:jokealert:

CHICKITY CHECK YO SELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YO SELF

I SAID

CAUSE SHOT GUN BULLETS ARE BAD FOR YOUR HEEEALLLLTH

How is that about MODERNS THAT ARE HEATING UP ON EBAY?!?

:jokealert:

It no longer exists. Its a glich in the Matrix.

Edited by Bane

In all seriousness (and that's a tough thing to say for me)....

Saw Frank of five ghosts fame today at a LCS. He confirmed that five ghosts is now slated to be an ongoing series. Folks were equivocal before about how much heat this series could generate simply because it was set up as a mini series.

Unless something catastrophic happens: like an asteroid impact, armageddon or if somehow people completely lose interest in the series it's going to continue past issue 5 and be an official ongoing with legacy numbering.

I expect alot more heat to occur and have been stocking up as a result. Hasn't been much talk here but in the secret PM thread it's been too hot to handle.

Additionally the print run of the second issue phantom variant which should hit stores this week does not have the creasing or shipping damage that was visible in the first issue phantom and regular cover.

Get in before you can't get in...just a heads up. :wink:

MY_BOOTY_04132013.jpg

I would have grabbed more phantoms....but that's all that were left. :(

Good news on Five Ghosts.

Bad news on the condition of my few copies :sorry:

What's the dealio Ryan? What happened to your copies? Same print/ship defect that was noted with the first print?

I tried to sift thru what I could find at multiple LCS.....and with a little press-tidigitation they look brandy-new!