• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,841 posts in this topic

There were a fat stack of #1's at my semi-LCS and a gorgeous condition variant for 15 bucks that i decided was a good idea to scoop up, based only on its condition.

There were a fat stack of #1's at a shop I went to on the weekend, and a gorgeous condition variant for 14.99.

I picked up one additional regular issue, and the variant. Debating weather it's worth getting any more. Already have 6 or 7 of the regular covers.

I take the view that you really haven't lost anything and forcing the customer to take the item will just create an unhappy customer...I'm still at 100% ( knocking on wood ) cause I will do everything I can to make the buyer happy, including offering to cancel the transaction if they have cold feet....

I'm of the opinion that if you bid on something your feet should have been cold before you pulled the trigger. Bidders with no balls don't have any place in an online auction.

As far as leaving bad or good feedback, I just want to relist and forget this tool. Gonna think twice about letting zero feedbackers bid anymore. I thought I'd take a chance on this doosh, but didn't listen to my Spidey-common-sense.

I sold a Dexter sticker I got for free on eBay for $75.

Dexter has a dedicated fanbase.

I think it will sell just fine.

My wife got me the sneaking shirt for christmas :grin:

Also, the slide box with the blood slide coasters.

I take the view that you really haven't lost anything and forcing the customer to take the item will just create an unhappy customer...I'm still at 100% ( knocking on wood ) cause I will do everything I can to make the buyer happy, including offering to cancel the transaction if they have cold feet....

I'm of the opinion that if you bid on something your feet should have been cold before you pulled the trigger. Bidders with no balls don't have any place in an online auction.

As far as leaving bad or good feedback, I just want to relist and forget this tool. Gonna think twice about letting zero feedbackers bid anymore. I thought I'd take a chance on this doosh, but didn't listen to my Spidey-common-sense.

So how does anyone ever get any feedback then, if all were to take that stance?

I've always wondered that.

What stance? The stance that's protective of my interests vs. some anonymous zero feedbacker that is typically stereotyped as a bad apple?

How about they go elsewhere and bid on something for .10 instead of a couple hundred dollars or more then?

How about they buy a pack of chewing gum to get their rep up instead of stiffing folks that have actual interested parties that are temporarily deprived of an opportunity to bid.

This isn't about building up feedback, this is about not bidding on things if you have no intention to pay. That makes the person a classic deadbeat ahole nothing more. Cold feet is a horrible excuse and it's really uber lame.

If there weren't zero feedbackers pulling this stunt with everyone there wouldn't be an issue hence the conundrum "where do they get feedback if everyone takes the stance". Then folks would welcome them with open arms, but instead they're labeled as troublemakers because they typically cause trouble.

In this case I GAVE this zero feedbacker an opportunity to prove me wrong, what'd he do with that opportunity....PROVED the stereotype is valid.

Peter Panzerfaust #1 CGC 9.8 / Image / Wiebe / Jenkins

Item number: 161055531493

23 bids

Sale price: $425.00

End time: Jul-07-13 18:06:46 PDT

This caught me off guard. I was thinking it would be in the Saga #1 range for a 9.8 ($110-120)

What stance? The stance that's protective of my interests vs. some anonymous zero feedbacker that is typically stereotyped as a bad apple?

How about they go elsewhere and bid on something for .10 instead of a couple hundred dollars or more then?

How about they buy a pack of chewing gum to get their rep up instead of stiffing folks that have actual interested parties that are temporarily deprived of an opportunity to bid.

This isn't about building up feedback, this is about not bidding on things if you have no intention to pay. That makes the person a classic deadbeat ahole nothing more. Cold feet is a horrible excuse and it's really uber lame.

If there weren't zero feedbackers pulling this stunt with everyone there wouldn't be an issue hence the conundrum "where do they get feedback if everyone takes the stance". Then folks would welcome them with open arms, but instead they're labeled as troublemakers because they typically cause trouble.

In this case I GAVE this zero feedbacker an opportunity to prove me wrong, what'd he do with that opportunity....PROVED the stereotype is valid.

O no, I agree that that's shi tty what they did. Don't bid if you're not going to pay.

At the VERY least, send you a message, make up some excuse why they can't pay. (Not that I condone that either. Sometimes there are valid reasons, sometimes no. At least you're not leaving the seller hanging). OR at least level with you. OR make a payment arrangement (i.e. I'll pay you within 15 days, etc.)

What I meant though, is the way it's kind of like the "you need experiene to get a job, you need a job to get experience" loop.

I mean, everyone on eBay starts at zero, so if most look down on zero feedback buyers, then how can someone new to eBay ever buy something?

And with the buy small items thing, that doesn't really weed out bad seeds, as cheap items aren't going to detract someone from boosting then cheating.

Bottom line, sucks that someone did that to you, and sucks that people continue to do that to others.

23 bids

This caught me off guard. I was thinking it would be in the Saga #1 range for a 9.8 ($110-120)

?? ?? ?? ??

No clue what you mean by this post.

23 bids

WTTB. About a year too late getting a PP #1 9.8 for that price range. TV show on TV show.

23 bids

Really?

Oooh must have misread that earlier. Usually when the preorder date goes they don't offer it any more. Have had varying success and fails with them. Regardless I think the next few days will be telling.

Yep, the PP boat has sailed unless you think it's gonna hit WD prices....then it's time to grab the PP short bus!

It will and you should.