• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

From Bleeding Cool:

But at some point, Marvel Comics will republish the Moore/Leach/Davis/Austen/Veitch/Totleben/Gaiman/Buckingham Marvelman/Miracleman comics as Marvelman. They will then continue the series to its conclusion of The Dark Age with Gaiman and Buckingham. Could be next year, could be the year after that. It seems that Garry Leach may finally be on board and may have come to an arrangement regarding his rights as co-writer and designer of the initial chapters. And Marvel don’t envisage any other problems with other creators, but they need to be 100% happy with them, the legal issues and the materials. But it will, at some point happen, and in our lifetimes.

Yes I know this is off topic but would now be the time to sell any copies of Miracleman 15 and 24? I suspect a crash in value of those rare comics with reissues of the original series.by Marvel

From Bleeding Cool:

But at some point, Marvel Comics will republish the Moore/Leach/Davis/Austen/Veitch/Totleben/Gaiman/Buckingham Marvelman/Miracleman comics as Marvelman. They will then continue the series to its conclusion of The Dark Age with Gaiman and Buckingham. Could be next year, could be the year after that. It seems that Garry Leach may finally be on board and may have come to an arrangement regarding his rights as co-writer and designer of the initial chapters. And Marvel don’t envisage any other problems with other creators, but they need to be 100% happy with them, the legal issues and the materials. But it will, at some point happen, and in our lifetimes.

Yes I know this is off topic but would now be the time to sell any copies of Miracleman 15 and 24? I suspect a crash in value of those rare comics with reissues of the original series.by Marvel

That bleedingcool article was all opinion - no facts.

I really don't think the value will drop because its not like more first prints are going to magically come to market.

EDIT:

republishing Miracleman is a good thing.

That book is like the greatest read of all time and more comics need to be like it.

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

From Bleeding Cool:

I asked Neil Gaiman about this 2 days ago at the signing in Chicago, and he said that Marvel has not approached him about working on Miracleman and that even if they did, he'd most likely have to turn them down.

From Bleeding Cool:

I asked Neil Gaiman about this 2 days ago at the signing in Chicago, and he said that Marvel has not approached him about working on Miracleman and that even if they did, he'd most likely have to turn them down.

:sorry:

From Bleeding Cool:

I really don't think the value will drop because its not like more first prints are going to magically come to market.

EDIT:

That book is like the greatest read of all time and more comics need to be like it.

A dip in value, maybe. a crash, no. The Flex Mentallo mini doesn't sell for what it did prior to the hardback collection ( which can now be found for under $10), but still gets a decent amount on ebay.

Kinda off the subject but remember that Syfy cheesy movie a few of us were posting about Sharknado? Well it was pretty bad I watched an hour of it but it was a twitter event. Even though it was bad everyone was commenting on it. It was a flop yet Syfy got a big boost in ratings from it. BTW it was hilarious, Tara Reid still can't act, and the effects looked just crazy.

Kinda off the subject but remember that Syfy cheesy movie a few of us were posting about Sharknado? Well it was pretty bad I watched an hour of it but it was a twitter event. Even though it was bad everyone was commenting on it. It was a flop yet Syfy got a big boost in ratings from it. BTW it was hilarious, Tara Reid still can't act, and the effects looked just crazy.

LMAO!!! Hilarious....for some stupid reason, I actually watched it! Horrendous, but it is an internet craze today....everyone is talking about it. I think it might turn into some cult classic real quick. I love the sounds the sharks made when they were eating people. Sounded like crumpling papers. Also, Ian Ziering also cannot act.

From Bleeding Cool:

EDIT:

A dip in value, maybe. a crash, no. The Flex Mentallo mini doesn't sell for what it did prior to the hardback collection ( which can now be found for under $10), but still gets a decent amount on ebay.

I was selling FM 1s for $60 and up at one point.

Is it worth picking up 2nd Print copies of The Last of Us #1? One of my LCSs still has a couple.

yes. They sell for $10 on ebay. So thats a potential $6 profit before ebay fees, gas, you diamond discount. If figuring all the costs in to it and you still make profit, than do it.

I've been buying VF+ copies of Last of Us #2s and selling them for $14.99!

The Last of Us is doing stupid things!

Also, the same person keeps buying every issue I put up on ebay so maybe I'm biased. (I sent him four different packages this week).

Is it worth picking up 2nd Print copies of The Last of Us #1? One of my LCSs still has a couple.

yes. They sell for $10 on ebay. So thats a potential $6 profit before ebay fees, gas, you diamond discount. If figuring all the costs in to it and you still make profit, than do it.

I've been buying VF+ copies of Last of Us #2s and selling them for $14.99!

The Last of Us is doing stupid things!

Also, the same person keeps buying every issue I put up on ebay so maybe I'm biased. (I sent him four different packages this week).

I'm first to market with #1 CGC 9.8 today.. can't decide if I want to do an auction or BIN.