• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,841 posts in this topic

I just read the PDF because I didn't want to wait another week for my Previews orders.

I wasn't expecting this to be great at all and it wasn't. Jeff Lindsay isn't a good writer. Darkly Dreaming Dexter (book 1) I gave a 4/5, Dearly Devoted Dexter (2) a 3/5, Dexter in the Dark (3) a 2/5, and I gave up.

I loved the TV show (it went downhill for me last season), but the TV show does not follow the books at all.

LaGuerta dies in book 1 or 2. I forget. There is no Doakes when he was a huge character in the first few seasons. But changes are expected just like TWD with Shane dying in issue 6 and making it through like 3 seasons.

If this title heats up it is all speculators buying from other speculators and you won't get your money back. Stay away.

A few hours ago at the LCS,

I was paying for my books when the cashier saw my Dexter #1 and asked why I was buying it.

She said the cover sucks and the story was no good.

The owner was at the counter with his head down reading something, when he heard the cashier's comments he looked up.

Oh boy, she's going to get chewed out, I was thinking.

Well, the owner said " most books based on TV shows aren't very good, and neither is Dexter #1". I said I was going to read it and judge for myself, paid for the books and walked out.

I'm going to read it right now.

Edited by MediumLover

Sunday has a lot of auctions ending and so we typically get a plethora of results that are a bit different from the rest of the week, Here's what I'm seeing this Sunday:

Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe #1 @ $15+ & 6 bids.

Peter Panzerfaust #3 @ $15+ & 9 bids.

Image Expo : What's Next? #1 @ $15+ & 3 bids.

Deadpool & Death 1998 Annual @ $16+ & 6 bids.

Deadpool #1 1997 @ $16+ & 3 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #410 @ $17+ & 5 bids.

And tons more crazy results here

Sunday has a lot of auctions ending and so we typically get a plethora of results that are a bit different from the rest of the week, Here's what I'm seeing this Sunday:

I think a lot of things will cool off this coming week because of SDCC taking place the following week. 2c

I'll drop the question here as well:

Whatdya do when you have a zero feedback Ebayer give you a best offer and then doesn't pay? Do you just bean them with bad feedback and relist the item?

Are there any repercussions for the seller?

I take the view that you really haven't lost anything and forcing the customer to take the item will just create an unhappy customer...I'm still at 100% ( knocking on wood ) cause I will do everything I can to make the buyer happy, including offering to cancel the transaction if they have cold feet....

I think a lot of things will cool off this coming week because of SDCC taking place the following week. 2c

Agreed.

Agreed.

I'm sure that by Friday (7/19) you'll see a big spike.

In reference to the unpaid buyer, I always start the unpaid buyer process with eBay. When it comes time to close it, I leave feed back (yes it counts as positive for them) with big bold capitalized letters that says DEADBEAT BUYER DID NOT PAY. More times than not I get a message from them saying that they are not a dead beat that something came up. I usually reply that they had a total of 8 days to pay and failed to.

Sure they get their 1star, but I think most sellers check the feed back of low rated buyers to see what's up.

Also, more times than not they close the eBay id

If the buyer knows the policies and where the links are, then they can report you and get that feedback removed. The first time eBay will give you a warning linking you to the policy (Negative Feedback was left with a positive rating). The second time you get your account banned.