• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone watch American Horror Story?

41 posts in this topic

American Horror Story: Asylum is set to premiere on October 17 on FX

american-horror-story-asylum-firstfiveminutes.jpg

American Horror Story: Asylum is set to premiere on October 17 on FX. Fans of the first season are in for a completely fresh set of storylines and a bunch of new characters. Creator Ryan Murphy started basically from scratch for the second season. New cast members include Adam Levine, Jenna Dewan Tatum, James Cromwell, Joseph Fiennes, Lizzie Brocheré, Chloë Sevigny, Chris Zylka, Franka Potente, and Clea Duvall. Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe, and Frances Conroy are all returning, but each will play different characters than they did in the first season.

There have been a few hints so far as to the direction of the second season, but we've finally been shown the first five minutes of the new show. The clip shows Levine and Dewan Tatum as newlyweds on their honeymoon taking a tour of haunted sites. Check it out below!

<<< Not Suitable For Work >>>

I am super amped for this show!

Easily the best TV show I've seen in... quite possibly, ever.

I love the horror genre and was glued to all 12 episodes. I am on my 3rd rewatch now actually.

My (redheaded) fiancee and I watched last season in a weekend last year. Got 'em all off torrent sites, so no commercials.

Really looking forward to this season. We both work in a psych hospital, so this year's premise sounds awesome to me.

Just saw AHS Asylum Episode 1.

As with last season, it's a rather laughable over-the-top attempt to shock through a stew of blood, gore, abomination, deviance and eroticism. It does effect a mild sense of discomfort, but fails miserably to frighten.

On the positive side, the acting is top notch and the story-lines keep you guessing. There is a surprising alien abduction story that I'm looking forward to seeing develop.

Definitely not one of my favorite shows, yet I haven't missed an episode. It's entertaining.

The only movie/television show that has actually "scared" me is the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

That being said, this is a clever show and I think all the twists and turns are leading to a very cool story.

I'm skeptical about the whole "alien abduction" angle they have going.

Lange can be pretty sexy for an older lady, especially in that nun outfit.

I didn't enjoy the first episode as much as last season, where we were introduced to a family in crisis trying to make a new start. I felt that grounded us in the real world, and made what happened at the new house more frightening.

In season two, we start with a couple in a typical horror movie scenario, then move to an alien attack(people keep saying abduction, but I'm not sure where that comes from) straight to the very strange world of the asylum. I never felt grounded in anything resembling reality, so what followed just felt like a mish-mash of weirdness thrown at us to make us squirm. Nothing terribly frightening, just unpleasant.

I'll keep watching, but I'm not seeing enough of a story yet to sustain my interest for more than another episode or two.