• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best DC war comic cover nomination thread

173 posts in this topic

Bill posts the beauties!

One more for consideration (I don't think it has been nominated yet)...

off29.jpg

glad you chimed in, Mick.

Thanks to all others, as well. :applause:

Let's try to get our last bunch of nominations in shortly. I'll try to find scans for a few books that were mentioned but not shown, as well as for the ones that were long-distance photos.

You guys are all great!!! :whee:

Andy

My favorite horror cover is also my favorite War cover. I love the colors that were used.

wwt24.jpg

My favorite as well. :cloud9:

Do you know who the artist that did this cover is?

DC BA horror cover artist extraordinaire Luis Dominguez.

:gossip: I own the OA. I had a nice CGC 9.2 copy signed by Dominguez. I sold it a few years ago before I obtained the OA. Had I known he was about 90 years old I wouldn't have sold the SS copy. doh!

weird24cov.jpg

weirdwar.jpg

My favorite horror cover is also my favorite War cover. I love the colors that were used.

wwt24.jpg

:gossip: I own the OA. I had a nice CGC 9.2 copy signed by Dominguez. I sold it a few years ago before I obtained the OA. Had I known he was about 90 years old I wouldn't have sold the SS copy. doh!

weird24cov.jpg

weirdwar.jpg

No way! Where did you get that comic signed? Did he sign more? I would kill to get an SS war comic by him! :sumo:

wwt24.jpg

weird24cov.jpg

weirdwar.jpg

:applause:

I think that cover looks 10x better in B/W :cloud9:

Now what was the name of that boardie that does cover replicas hm

I agree.

Are you talking about Shiverbones? If so, I think his recreation of this cover would be insane.