• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

Did pc1009 go through with the 2nd sale on eBay?

A bird landed on his window, and then flew off to the east. He took this as a sign that the buyer wasn't really all that into the AF 15 and he called off the deal and sent the buyer a muffin basket as a sweetener.

He'll be here shortly to compare the buyer to a used car dealer version of Pol Pot.

:signfunny: That's almost a Chespirito quality comment, except you forgot to begin your post with "Don't quote me, but I heard"

That part's trademark 2011 Chespy....I didn't have the $1.20 it would cost to use that line.

Maybe someone can start a thread to get me donations. hm

Well.. Interesting you say that.. The 1.20$ donation thing seems to have started prior to these boards a few years back, according to my very reliable sources in the NSA. Now don't quote me, but I heard (off the record of course), that before the comic bubble implored unto itself, James Dunnigan , yeahp same guy from the Doritos commercials in the 80's (stuff he did before his millionaire status), he suppossedly came up with the idea to start a company to provide services to comic book freaks (as he liked to call us) by getting their funnies sealed in rigid plastic containers; well at the time, this idea seemed preposterous, Specially because comics were going down hill, why would people want to do this? Anyways, he turned his paper company into a factory set up to do this, and kept all his previous workers. He managed to get some major investors into the project, from a company I am not too familiar with (I think it was called Enron, but don't quote me). Anyways, the financial investments were joint, and unfortunately this is where the story goes awry. The morning he was notified by The Vancouver plastic company that they had agreed to manufacture the "slabs" (as he liked to call the plastic holders), that they would begin the prepping of the product by Dunnigan's specifications, he found out that he had been swindled out of $652,754 by his friends at Enron. Within 2 hours He told his ten workers, and gave them the 50,000 dollars he had in cash under the table that held his weird monkey fingernail collection. 6 of the ten disappeared with their part, but the others did some good things; Jeanine Cardicula, began an on-line venture to fight her depression, she wanted to call it MyspaceBook but went with the name MySpace, the other three dudes (James Harper, Jose Suarez, and Gary Schmidth) stole Dunnigan's idea and and the Vancouver contact and used their money to start off a similar company using their initials (CGC). This is where the $1.20 come in, the day everyone was let go, before going into his office, he parked across the street because his parking lot was blocked by an overheated blue pick-up; anyways, when everyone got their money that day, Dunnigan stormed out, only to find out that he was in a pay-park area.. And didn't have any change. Very frustrated now, he returned to the office, and went around the corridors asking for change, until he managed to gather.. Yeah.. You guessed it.. $1.20! So from that moment on, in the comic book community, people always say "can you help out with a dollar twenty?".....that's what I heard... :whistle:

weird monkey fingernail collection

How was this different from a standard monkey fingernail collection? Please elaborate.

How was this different from a standard monkey fingernail collection? Please elaborate.

Really? I mean really? Seriously...

Now don't quote me, but as far as I know, and what I found out from some undisclosed members of small independent circles that supposedly hold secret meetings in Laos every April... ;) There is three, yes 3! 3 types of of Monkey Fingernail collections:

1) Mayorus Deluxus collection, only one known to exist

2) The Ryan McGronald type collection, one of which is displayed in the Smithsonian

3 The South African type collection, the most common one

The first one refers to the Ultimate in Monkey Fingernail collecting, comprising every known Ape fingernail in existence, Howard Hughes was the only person to ever put a collection like this together.

The second is the most common one, it refers to the Monkey fingernail collections which are sought after by Asian Millionaires, as they are said to be Aphrodisiacs; named Ryan MvGronald because...well...let's not open that can of worms, that is a whole different story.

The third, is the one that collects South African Gorillas' and Monkey fingernails, they are collected by tribesmen shamans and are said to hold spiritual properties; they are usually held in turtle shells and passed on from father to son.

Then, we have...well..you guessed it..the Weird collections.. that hold all kinds of Monkey fingernails in random jars...eeeeew, gross!! Those are Nnnnnnnnasty! ...anyways, that's what I heard...

Now don't quote me, but as far as I know, and what I found out from some undisclosed members of small independent circles that supposedly hold secret meetings in Laos every April... ;) There is three, yes 3! 3 types of of Monkey Fingernail collections:

2) The Ryan McGronald type collection, one of which is displayed in the Smithsonian

The first one refers to the Ultimate in Monkey Fingernail collecting, comprising every known Ape fingernail in existence, Howard Hughes was the only person to ever put a collection like this together.

The second is the most common one, it refers to the Monkey fingernail collections which are sought after by Asian Millionaires, as they are said to be Aphrodisiacs; named Ryan MvGronald because...well...let's not open that can of worms, that is a whole different story.

The third, is the one that collects South African Gorillas' and Monkey fingernails, they are collected by tribesmen shamans and are said to hold spiritual properties; they are usually held in turtle shells and passed on from father to son.

Then, we have...well..you guessed it..the Weird collections.. that hold all kinds of Monkey fingernails in random jars...eeeeew, gross!! Those are Nnnnnnnnasty! ...anyways, that's what I heard...

LMAO! :roflmao:

I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

Thank you. Made my day.

:applause:

:popcorn:

Ryan McGronald?.. There is really no big story to tell. He was a research scientist that worked on breast cancer research in the early 80's, using his entire family fortune to fund his research until it disappeared completely while he was doing field studies in Cambodia. He was left penniless and stranded in the jungles of that country, he wanted to use his collected specimens of Vlarovian flowers, albino crocodile skins, and monkey fingernails to get back home; that's when all hell broke loose! The specific monkey fingernails which he had, two jared sets, were much sought after because of their extremely potent Aphrodisiac qualities. There was two bidding wars that ensued simultaneously, one went up to 600,572£ and the second up to 767,660£. McGronald returned home, but from that point on, the way the collection was put together, was known as a Ryan McGronald, last year 1,000,000£ was paid for a collection in Hong Kong, and this year, the foiled Smithsonian break-in to retrieve it's collection has become infamous.... That's what I heard...

Ryan McGronald?.. There is really no big story to tell. He was a research scientist that worked on breast cancer research in the early 80's, using his entire family fortune to fund his research until it disappeared completely while he was doing field studies in Cambodia. He was left penniless and stranded in the jungles of that country, he wanted to use his collected specimens of Vlarovian flowers, albino crocodile skins, and monkey fingernails to get back home; that's when all hell broke loose! The specific monkey fingernails which he had, two jared sets, were much sought after because of their extremely potent Aphrodisiac qualities. There was two bidding wars that ensued simultaneously, one went up to 600,572£ and the second up to 767,660£. McGronald returned home, but from that point on, the way the collection was put together, was known as a Ryan McGronald, last year 1,000,000£ was paid for a collection in Hong Kong, and this year, the foiled Smithsonian break-in to retrieve it's collection has become infamous.... That's what I heard...

Fascinating. :popcorn: This post alone makes this thread worthwhile.

Rare footage of Ryan McGronald attracting large numbers of Cambodian Temple Monkeys who learned to recognize his feeding cart. Ryan used a mild sedative inserted into the fruit as an aid to fingernail harvesting.

funny-gifs-japanese-monkey-potato-feeding-frenzy.gif